2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Was any reason stated why this race would be 4 cars short? Just curious.
It is how the money is spread out.

I'm going farther on the how the NASCAR Charter system works. If you are not one of the 36 teams with a charter, your team gets less money per race than a Charter team does. The person responsible for this Charter system is Former co-owner of Michael Waltrip racing Robert Kauffman.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I thought Kevin did a great tribute to Dale Earnhardt Sr after the race by him showing 3 fingers during his victory lap yesterday. It reminded me of what Kevin did in 2001.

I don't know if its Fox or NASCAR, but they need to stop showing Austin Dillon on a Commercial that he's basically a racing villain and also basically compares himself to Earnhardt. While Dale Sr. was called The Imitidator, Dale actually won a lot of races by racing clean also. The fact about Dale Sr. as a villain is he actually made himself a bigger villain than he actually was by not allowing the media to print stuff like helping his neighbors outs after they lost their crops after a flood as an example.

What makes Austin Dillon comparing himself to Earnhardt worse is Dale was way better than Austin. Austin is a solid driver, but he will look a huge disappoint if you compare him to Earnhardt. Earnhardt took cars to top 5s and wins that had no business being there.

The fact is RCR was never known for pure horsepower. RCR during the Earnhardt era was more focused on making bullet proof equipment than having the most powerful engines. In Dale's day, Engines were not as reliable as they are now. RCR still makes their cars like they did back in the 1980s and that is a problem from an engine standpoint.

While Kevin was not quite talented as his predecessor, What Kevin is doing at Stewart-Haas is exposing how bad the equipment RCR actually was. Kevin proved he was underrated as a talent at RCR from 2010 to 2013. What Austin Dillon is basically driving in is cars that are not capable of winning a lot of races outside of restrictor plate tracks unless it is by strategy.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I thought Kevin did a great tribute to Dale Earnhardt Sr after the race by him showing 3 fingers during his victory lap yesterday.

Yes, it was moving. Jeff Gordon commented that he thought he saw Kevin shed a tear--apparently, there were some emotions Kevin was experiencing with his win yesterday, with the reference to Dale Sr.. DW shared that Kevin has really become quite the professional over the years, and has reached a level of maturity and expertise.

artvandelay

While Kevin was not quite talented as his predecessor, What Kevin is doing at Stewart-Haas is exposing how bad the equipment RCR actually was. Kevin proved he was underrated as a talent at RCR from 2010 to 2013. What Austin Dillon is basically driving in is cars that are not capable of winning a lot of races outside of restrictor plate tracks unless it is by strategy.

Exactly! Harvick is competitive nearly every week (in an inferior aero package Ford) while RCR cars are usually having trouble staying on the lead lap.

wdwfan4ver

I found out former long time NASCAR truck series driver Rick Crawford got arrested by the feds. According to Sporting News, he was arrested on March 1st, but some other sources mentioned February 28th. Rick raced in the NASCAR Truck series from 1996 to 2012. Rick Crawford also was a National Motorsports Appeal Panel for NASCAR before he got arrested.

He is facing a sentence of 10 to 20 years in jail for attempted enticement of a child. Rick Crawford is 59 years old and is going to be 60 years old in July. Rick was living in Florida at the time of his arrest.

I agree with NASCAR on not having him on NASCAR's appeal board anymore. Usually I wait to judge, but my problem is there is a lot of proof with Rick doing the crime online.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Before commenting on Vegas, NASCAR or Fox needs to stop doing the Book on Dale commercials. Dale Earnhardt Sr. was one of my favorite drivers growing up, but the commercials are not bringing back your old fanbase.

After Los Las Vegas, I am not going to go much into the struggles of Hendrick yet. Chase Elliott is the best of the 4 currently and is doing a solid job.

As far as Harvick goes,His team has the speed as it did from 2014 to 2016. I think Stewart-Haas last year was affected by the Chevy to Ford transition overall.

NASCAR has a big problem on their hand with the air guns. When the air guns break or can't function properly, it is on NASCAR for not having pit crew members try out before the season even started. I agree with NASCAR on controlling costs for Air guns, but this something you don't want to cost teams wins over due not allowing any team to try equipment a head of time.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR Hall of Fame announced their 2019 NASCAR hall of Fame Ballot and the landmark ballot.
Here are the 5 landmark candidates for the 2019 NASCAR hall of Fame Class:
Barney Hall - Legendary Radio NASCAR broadcaster
Jim Hunter - former NASCAR executive and former Darlington President
Janet Guthrie - NASCAR premier series superspeedway race.
Alvin Hawkins - NASCAR’s first flagman; established NASCAR racing at Bowman Gray Stadium with Bill France Sr.
Ralph Seagraves - formed groundbreaking Winston-NASCAR partnership as executive with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Out of the 20 driver ballot for 2019, the 5 new names on the ballot are the following:
Jeff Gordon
Harry Gant
John Holman
Ralph Moody
Kirk Shelmerdine

Out of the new 5, I expect at least 3 of the 5 making it first ballot. The truth is John Holman and Ralph Moody needed to be on the NASCAR Hall of Fame ballot over 7 years ago. The only thing I can think is the France family had a personal grudge against those 2 due to them leaving NASCAR after 1971.

John Holman and Ralph Moody was very important to NASCAR to put it mildly. John Holman and Ralph Moody were of the co-owners of the Legendary NASCAR organization Holman-Moody. Holman-Moody had a bunch legendary drivers and crew members starting in the 1950s through the time they left NASCAR. They 96 races and 2 cup championships. The scary thing is Holman-Moody usually didn't run for cup championships. The drivers that won races for Homan-Moody were Curtis Turner, Joe Weatherly, Fireball Robert, Fred Lorenzen, Dan Gurney, Dick Hutcherson, David Pearson, and Bobby Allison. The truth is you can not put either person without being the same class.

Holman-Moody was known for basically building all factory based Ford race car in Auto racing in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s in NASCAR. Holman-Moody during their Auto Racing days built race cars more than themselves in NASCAR.

To show how powerful Homan-Moody was in NASCAR, back in 1965, 48 out of 55 NASCAR cup races were won by Holman-Moody built fords. Holman-Moody was responsible for very important for Innovations in Race cars also such as fuel cells, full-floater rear axle, on-board fire systems, quick change disk brakes, square tube frames and tube shocks. To top it off that organizations 1966 car was the basis for all NASCAR racecars until NASCAR redesigned their car as the Car of Tomorrow.

John Holman and Ralph Moody are first ballot hall of fame names to me for the 2019 class along with Jeff Gordon for sure.

Kirk Shelmerdine is not likely to be a first ball hall of fame member. Kirk was the crew chief for winning 4 out Dale Earnhardt Sr's 7 cup championships. Kirk also was with RCR before Dale went there after the 20th race of the 1981. Dale went to RCR his championship owner sold the team to an infamous NASCAR owner, but RCR didn't have the equipment for Dale yet. Kirk Ricky Rudd need to get the credit for getting the equipment ready for Dale being the driver of the 3 car after the 1983 season. The problem with Kirk is most of success is tied to one driver and left being a crew chief when he was only 34 years old with Kirk wanting to be a race car driver. Harry Hyde is the best crew chief on the 2019 ballot, not Kirk. Harry Hyde built up two organizations from scratch in Nord Krauskopf's race team and Hendrick Motor sports. Harry played a huge part in the early years at Hendrick Motorsports.

Harry Gant is a future NASCAR hall of Fame driver, but not for the 2019 class. The problem with Harry Gant is he ran for cup rookie of the year at the age of 39. Harry Gant was amazing in cup in his 40s and early 50s as a driver for racing for an under power cup team. Harry Gant is the oldest driver ever to win 4 cup races in row at the age of 51. Harry won a total of 18 cup races. People have claimed Harry has won over 300 lower league NASCAR races. While Harry Gant won 21 Official Busch series aka what is now Xfinity races, Harry won races in that series before records were kept. If Harry Gant came to the cup series sooner, it is very likely that Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, Buddy Baker, Benny Parsons, Darrell Waltrip, and Bobby Allison would win less races back in the 1970s. I also think its possible Harry Gant could've won a cup championship in the 1970s also.

What happened was NASCAR didn't keep track of wins in the Busch series before 1982 for one reason or another and a lot of drivers had their win totals less than they should be. That basically means it is possible that Kyle Busch actually doesn't have the actually record for wins in the xfinity series due to NASCAR not doing any record keeping before 1982 outside of championships.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The other 15 drivers on the 2019 NASCAR Hall of Fame Ballot are the following:
Davy Allison - 19 time cup winner
Buddy Baker - 19 time cup winner
Red Farmer - 2 time modified champion, and a 3 time what is now the NASCAR xfinity series champion
Ray Fox - legendary engine builder, car owner, and NASCAR inspector.
Joe Gibbs - active NASCAR owner that amount of wins could change each week.
Harry Hyde - legendary crew with 55 cup wins
Alan Kulwicki - last true independent cup driver to win a cup championship
Bobby Labonte - 21 cup wins, 2000 cup series champion, and 1991 Busch series champion
Herschel Mcgriff - 4 time cup winner, and a legend in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West
Roger Penske - Active NASCAR owner that win totals could change
Larry Phillips - 7 time NASCAR Weekly Series national championship five times
Jack Roush - active NASCAR owner that win totals may change
Ricky Rudd - 23 time cup winner
Mike Stefanik - Won a combined 9 champions in NASCAR
Waddell Wilson - His engines won over a 100 cup races

Out of the 15, I see Alan Kulwicki getting inducted for sure. I thin the other possibilities are Bobby Labonte, Waddell Wilson, Buddy Baker, Herschel Mcgriff, and Harry Hyde.

I better not see Gibbs, Roush, and Penske getting inducted this year. My reason is Holman-Moody was even more import to Ford Racing than Penske or Roush. My rule of thumb is you can't induct one of the two owners this year due to both of them being just as important to the team they founded and to Auto racing.

Roger Penske is a legendary owner in more than one form of racing, but most of his success in NASCAR came starting the 1990s. The problem with Roush and Gibbs is NASCAR existed way before late 1980s and early 1990s and Holman-Moody is the best pre-modern era race organization not the hall of fame by a large margin.

The problem with Penske is while Roger tried NASCAR in the 1970s as an owner, He only won 5 times before 1991 in the cup series with them happening in the 1970s. Penske had a lot of success in racing before the 1990s, but not in NASCAR. The other thing is Roger Penske owned cup cars only raced 2 times from 1978 to the end of the 1990 season.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Kevin Harvick got a penalty after it NASCAR. determined that his rear window and rocker panel extension violated technical regulations.

Kevin loses 7 playoff points, docking Harvick 20 points, fining crew chief Rodney Childers $50,000 and suspending car chief for 2 races. Kevin also can't use the victory to determine playoff eligibility.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Kevin Harvick got a penalty after it NASCAR. determined that his rear window and rocker panel extension violated technical regulations.

Kevin loses 7 playoff points, docking Harvick 20 points, fining crew chief Rodney Childers $50,000 and suspending car chief for 2 races. Kevin also can't use the victory to determine playoff eligibility.

Ugh. Disappointed--none of that is good news. :banghead:

wdwfan4ver

Big Sponsorship news. Lowe's announced they will not return to Hendrick Motorsports in 2019. What I know is Jimmie's contract is through 2020. I'm waiting to see what will happen with the 48 team after this year from a sponsor standpoint.

I know Lowe's has been in NASCAR for a very longtime. I remembered them sponsoring Junior Johnson's 11 car in 1995 with Brett Bodine being the driver. They also sponsored the 31 car at RCR from 1997 to 2001.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The 9 team got penalties after post race inspection. The 9 team had a violation for Rear Suspension I-4 Truck Trailing Arm Spacers/Pinion Angle Shims.

The car chief got suspended for 2 races, crew chief got fined $50,000, loss of 25 owner points, and 25 driver points.

wdwfan4ver

RCR is going to have a 3rd cup car for Richmond. Daniel Hemric is going to drive the 8 car with Herbal Mountain Snuff as the sponsor.

Daniel raced in the truck series in 2015 and 2016 before going to the Xfinity series last year.

Daniel is a Terry Labonte/Clint Bowyer type driver. That type of a driver is not going to make a car better than it really is since you are dealing with a classic points racer. Daniel never won a truck series and Xfinity series race in his career yet.

Daniel finished in the top 10 in points for the truck series for the 2 seasons he was there. He finished 4th in the xfinity series in points last year and is currently 5th in points in that series.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom