2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Matty D is returning to Wood Brothers next year in the 21 car. Austin Cindric is going to run selected cup races in 2021 and will be taking over the Wood Brothers 21 car in 2022.

wdwfan4ver

Kaulig Racing announced Justin Haley is back in the 11 car for the Xfinity series. I usually don't mention Xfinity series silly season, but I did this case for a reason. What also is known with Kaulig they want to race cup full time in 2022 when the new next gen car is is going to be raced

Justin Haley was 1 of the 2 drivers Spire Motorsports wanted to race full time for the cup series program for their 2 teams. They ended up with neither.

What happened to Spire was 2 things. they are not will to spend the money till the new cup car starts showing up on the race track in 2022. They basically want drivers to put up with being not competitive next year, but have them race in competitive equipment in 2022. That turned off drivers unless the driver is desperate for a ride.

The 2nd problem was Ross Chastain was borrowed to other race teams by Chip Ganassi before Chip had a spot for him.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

It has been announced that Go Fas Racing will be running part time with them doing 5 or 6 races.

What happened is the son of the team owner is now running a new business in a different industry. The son was the gm of the race team. The owner wants to spend time with his daughter and the daughter is expecting a baby.

wdwfan4ver

It was announced that Matt Tifft and B.J. Mcleod bought Go Fas Racing's Charter and will be running a race team with Joe Falk. Their plans will be known at a later date.

wdwfan4ver

Rudy Fugle has been announced the crew chief of William Byron starting 2021.

I know a lot about him. He is a huge hire and it will affect Kyle Busch Motorsports.

Many teams wanted to hire Rudy away from Kyle Busch Motorsports in the past. Teams wanted him for years , but Toyota never had room for him to move up as a crew chief. What I gathered is Chad Knaus was response for getting Rudy to Hendrick Motorsports. Also Byron did mention Hendrick Motorsports originally wanted Rudy as an engineer.

Rudy is known as one of the best crew chiefs in the truck series garage with Kyle Busch Motorsports and also built great trucks for his drivers. Rudy won 28 truck series races and 2 driver championships in 8 years. Rudy won an owner championship as a crew chief with Kyle Busch Motorsports. He won with Kyle Busch, Erik Jones, William Byron, Christopher Bell, Noah Gregson, and Greg Biffle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom