2024 NASCAR

muddyrivers

Fox has this weekend's NASCAR schedule up.
Tonight at 6:30 eastern is the 2016 Sonoma race on Foxsports 1.

Tomorrow at 1:30 pm. eastern is the IRacing pro invitational series on Foxsports 1.

Fox tomorrow at 3:00 p.m eastern will be showing the 1986 cup series Richmond race.

There is a note that the Fox cup series race 1986 race may not be showed in every market based on the comments I read so far.
Thanks for the heads up! Where are you seeing the schedule?

By the way, is it too late to put my bets down on who will win the Richmond race? 😅

wdwfan4ver

Thanks for the heads up! Where are you seeing the schedule?

By the way, is it too late to put my bets down on who will win the Richmond race? 😅
I got the schedule from NASCAR on Fox twitter account and the NASCAR reddit page. The catch is what you quote me on was information for March 21st and March 22nd.

Fox Showed the 1986 Richmond Race on March 22nd. The 2nd is not bets down since the results are known for 34 years. The best way to put it is the youngest driver of that race now is 55 years old.

wdwfan4ver

It was announced that Fox Sports will be covering rest of the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series starting at the Virtual Texas Motor Speedway on March 29th at 1:00 p.m Eastern time.

wdwfan4ver

Indycar has announced changes to this year's schedule. Indy 500 is delayed till August 23rd.

Also for the first time ever, there is going to be an Indycar/NASCAR Doubleheader. On July 4th, Indycar will be having their GRM Grand Prix at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course. It will be happening before the Xfinity series will have their race on the same road course.

wdwfan4ver

The eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series starting at the Virtual Bristol Motor Speedway will be on April 5th at 1:00 p.m eastern on Fox and Fox Sports 1. It may not be on the Fox Channels I am mention in the area you live in though despite what Jayski mentioned

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I read that Front Row Motorsports has filed a worker adjustment and retaining notification with North Carolina department of Commerce indicating a temporary layoff of 73 employees. The source is NASCAR media member Bob Pockrass.

wdwfan4ver

Bubba Wallace has lost Blu Emu as a sponsor because of Bubba Wallace's actions during the Iracing event. What happened was Bubba Wallace quite during the Iracing race at Virtual Bristol in rage. I read Bubba wallace's response according to Clint Bowyer's tweet during the Iracing event was Clint said he got Bubba’d." Bubba Wallace's twitter right after had a statement including a swear word during the Iracing event. The final words were "Bye bye. Peace out!" and promptly quit as his stream went dark. That tweet of Bubba Wallace got deleted since.

I didn't repeat the whole twitter since the first part of the tweet was a sentence with a swear word included.

The Vice President of Marketing for Blu Emu made the comment basically saying that they don't want to take a chance of him of doing the same actions during a real NASCAR race.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR has drawn up at least 4 potential schedules to get NASCAR restarted. The race dates are not known outside of the known dates of the 1st potential schedule.

The first one is Starting at Martinsville on May 9th. The 2nd Potential schedule starts 10 weeks after the March 8th Phoenix race. The 3rd option starts 12 weeks after Phoenix.

The Final option forces NASCAR having races in December with the starting date being 15 weeks after the Phoenix cup race.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR yesterday announced the nominees for the NASCAR Hall of Fame Modern Era, NASCAR Hall of Fame Pioneer era, and the NASCAR Landmark Award.

The Modern era nominees are the following:
Neil Bonnett - 18 time cup winner including 2 Coca cola 600's, and a southern 500 victory
Jeff Burton
Dale Earnhardt Jr
Carl Edwards
Harry Gant - oldest cup series winning driver ever
Harry Hyde - Championship winning crew chief
Larry Phillips - 5 times NASCAR weekly series champion
Ricky Rudd - 23 time cup winner
Kirk Shelmerdine - 4 time championship winning crew chief with Dale Earnhardt as driver
Mike Stefanik - 9 time NASCAR champion

wdwfan4ver

The NASCAR Pioneer Ballot has the following:
Jake Elder - 3 time cup series championship winning crew chief
Red Farmer - 3 time NASCAR Late Model Sportsman champion, and 1956 NASCAR Modified champion
Banjo Matthews - Legendary car builder that his cars won overs 250 cup series wins and 3 cup series championships.
Herschel Mcgriff - Legendary west coast driver that won the 1986 NASCAR west series championship at the age of 59.
Ralph Moody - Co-owner of the legendary Holman Moody racing team. Organization won 96 cup races, 2 cup championships, responsible for designing the NASCAR based their cars on this organization before the Car of Tomorrow came out in 2007.

NASCAR Landmark Nominees the following:
Janet Guthrie - first female driver to compete in a Cup series super speedway race
Alvin Hawkins - NASCAR's first ever flagman
Mike Helton - NASCAR's 3rd President, Former Track operator of Atlanta and Talladega
Dr. Joseph Mattioli - founder of Pocono Raceway
Ralph Seagraves - formed the Winston-NASCAR relationship as executive of R.J Reynolds tobacco Company

wdwfan4ver

I am giving my own input on the Modern era ballot.

Dale Jr. being on is not a shock considering his body of work besides being NASCAR's most popular driver for many years. The only problem is one of the big cases for him getting inducted is him being a team owner. He's only going to be 46 in October and he's an active owner in the Xfinity Series with him being a 5 time championship owner. Dale Jr. was an owner of Chance 2 with Martin Truex winning 2 titles as a driver besides Jr. Motorsports. As driver, he did enough to be on the ballot since he did win 26 times in cup and be a 2 time Busch series champion. I do see him getting inducted this year.

Jeff Burton is an interesting case. He has a combined 48 wins in Cup and Busch series. The thing is he was very involved in Safety for NASCAR. His own NBC Sports Press group box biography even listed all the stuff Jeff worked closely with NASCAR on Numerous safety issues. One of those things included the creation of safer seats. He is more than worthy since he did more than race cars in NASCAR compare to some of the modern era ballot. I do think he will wait to be inducted.

Neil Bonnett is an interesting candidate. When I first followed NASCAR in 1993, he was on tv networks and was on his way being another Benny Parsons, Buddy Baker, and Ned Jarrett. To top it off, he had his own Auto Racing tv show called Winners. The only problem is the man still had the itch to race despite the doctors told him not to after his life threatening head injury crash at Darlington on April 1st, 1990 and he was still to make a NASCAR comeback in 1993. He suffered Amnesia and dizzyness from the Crash. NASCAR somehow cleared him to race in 1993 despite what the doctors thought in 1990.

That meant he had no business trying to do a comeback at the time he died during the 1st practice of the 1994 Daytona 500. Neil as cup driver had 18 wins including a Southern 500 and 2 Coca Cola 600's. His win totals were affected by being a part time cup driver parts of his cup career and also he also was known to be injury prone as a race car driver. My take on Neil is, I'll be shocked if he is going to be inducted anytime soon. His decision for a comeback cost himself an induction because he had a promising race Color commentator career.

wdwfan4ver

Carl Edwards is a future inductee despite his short career. Carl may not get inducted in the 2021 class, but I would be shocked if he does not get inducted in the 2022 class.

Harry Gant is a wonderful candidate, but has some issues that I think he'll be ending up in the pioneer section. Harry has over 300 lower league NASCAR wins, but a lot of those wins are not documented back in the 1960s and 1970s. Harry started his racing career extremely late at the age 24 back in 1964. That is old for starting to be a race car driver by today's standards. Harry didn't focus on cup racing before he turned 39 years ago. The fact is cup teams wanted him was before 1979, but Harry was making more money as construction owner for building houses than what he was offered as a cup driver:jawdrop:. He had to sell his construction business to go cup racing.

Harry won 18 races, but the cup schedule was shorter from 1979 to 1994. Cup schedules from 1979 to 1994 were anywhere from 31 cup races to 28 cup races a season depending the years unlike the 36 race schedule. He never won a cup championship since there was not a playoff system. I'm mentioning this because he would've won the playoff system in 1991 if the chase existed.

His biggest things going for him is won 4 races in a row at the age of 51 years old and is the oldest cup driver ever to win a cup race at the age of 52. He was one of NASCAR most popular drivers and was known as the skoal bandit and Handsome Harry.

Harry Hyde is a favorite for getting inducted into the 2021 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class. Harry won 56 races as a crew chief and if it was not for him, Hendrick Motorsports would not exist today. He won a cup championship in 1970. Rick Hendrick went to Harry Hyde for starting up Hendrick Motorsports for getting the team together for 1984 seasons and Rick got a sponsor after the 1984 Martinsville win with Geoff Bodine as a driver.

Larry Phillips is another person who is likely end up in the pioneer ballot at some point. Larry's problem is he won championships in a racing series that is even lower than the regional touring series NASCAR has. He was one of the short drivers in the Midwest that influenced people like Rusty Wallace, and Mark Martin as exampled by learning from him. Larry has the wins in the lower levels of NASCAR. Since the Modern area only has 2 people that can be inducted in a year starting in the 2021 class, I have hard time seeing him being inducted.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not a NASCAR driver but a true legend . RIP
_111763206_gettyimages-815146802.jpg

wdwfan4ver

Ricky Rudd is very likely not to get inducted this year. Ricky as a driver did not race a lot on the lower levels of NASCAR. Ricky's first race in the cup series was his first ever race in a stock car. Ricky did the Motorcross to NASCAR transition. Ricky's problem as a driver is he won in 18 different seasons, but only has 23 cup wins. There is some notes on that. Ricky raced for Kenny Bernstein in 1988 and 1989. That and his own team are the weakest teams Ricky won with. Kenny's engines in 1988 blew up 11 times. Ricky would've won at Phoenix and the fall race at Martinsville. Ricky being a driver owner did hurt his stats. Ricky was originally successful, but more teams were adding multiple teams. Ricky couldn't keep up.

He also didn't win a cup championship. His best chances were in 1991 and 2001. I think Rudd would get inducted in some point as a modern era candidate.

Kirk Shelmerdine is going to be inducted in the modern era at some point. Kirk Shelmerdine won 46 times and 4 cup championships as a cup crew chief for Richard Childress racing. His name is thrown in with Earnhardt, but he actually became a RCR crew chief when Richard Childress was a driver/owner. Kirk built up RCR with Ricky Rudd in 1982 and 1983. The only problem is Dale won cup championships with a lot of crew chiefs. Dale's first cup championship was in 1980 and he won the championship despite having 2 crew chief in that season with it happening before Dale went to RCR orginally. What hurt Kirk's Legacy also was Andy Petree won 2 Cup championships with Dale using the same people in the RCR shop.

Mike Stefanik is a question mark for getting inducted in the NASCAR hall of Fame on the Modern era ballot. The problem is the same as Larry Phillips, but not quite as bad. Mike won 7 championships in a regional NASCAR modified touring series and another two in NASCAR's Busch North Series. That series is now known as NASCAR's K &N North PRo series East. NASCAR cutting down the amount of people being inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame hurts people that do not have a cup series back ground before going to the pioneer section of voting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom