2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Mayor of Miami-Dade said March 22 NASCAR race at Homestead is being postponed.
There was an update after you posted this. Homestead is happening, but without fans in attendance. Here a link to the full details.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There was an update after you posted this. Homestead is happening, but without fans in attendance. Here a link to the full details.

Heard today that the next two races will be cancelled (no update on the rescheduling). Originally, they were going to have the races go on, but without an audience. Now, they've cancelled that idea as well.

wdwfan4ver

Heard today that the next two races will be cancelled (no update on the rescheduling). Originally, they were going to have the races go on, but without an audience. Now, they've cancelled that idea as well.
You beaten me to the punch;), but Indycar has cancelled or postponed all their races through the end of April. They got a total of 3 races canceled and another race postponed.

Last edited:

Lilofan

You beaten me to the punch;), but Indycar has cancelled or postponed all their races through the end of April. The got a total of 3 races cancelled and another race postponed.
NBA, MLB, NHL players still get paid their salaries. Do NASCAR drivers and their teams still get a salary?

wdwfan4ver

NBA, MLB, NHL players still get paid their salaries. Do NASCAR drivers and their teams still get a salary?
They do, but a good amount of money is missing. The problem is teams and their drivers earn money each time they race. Purse money for each race is a big deal for the drivers and the owners.

The drivers and teams want to go back to racing if it possible from a public health standpoint.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I found out that there is Iracing event tomorrow on Twitch at 3:00 p.m Eastern on April 15th with the green flag at 3:30 Eastern. Iracing is an online racing Simulation video game.

It is called The Replacements 100 with it being at Atlanta Motor speedway. It is only for 100 miles. The people doing the Iracing are the following:
  • Dale Jr
  • William Byron
  • Alex Bowman
  • Bubba Wallace
  • Justin Allgaier
  • Taylor Gray
  • Ben Rhodes
  • Harrison Burton
  • Justin Haley
  • TJ Majors
  • Kyle Long - Former American Football player
  • Tim Dugger
  • Chad Knaus
  • Jonathon Davis
  • Coleman Pressley
  • kevin Iannarelli

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR extends race postponements through May 3rd. Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega, and Dover are the cup races that are postponed through May 3rd besides Atlanta and Homestead.

wdwfan4ver

Truck series driver Brett Moffitt had Motorcross Bike Accident on Saturday. It happened on the same day as the truck series was supposed to be racing at Atlanta if the race was not postponed.

Brett Moffitt fractured both of his legs from the Motorcross bike accident and he is now out 6 to 8 weeks.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR and Iracing has announced the formation of eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series, an exhibition esports series featuring many of the sports most talented and popular drivers. The competitors in the series will be from cup series, Xfinity series, Truck series and NASCAR dignitaries.

The names known for being this iracing seriees is Dale Jr., Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Clint Bowyer, Kyle Larson, and Christopher Bell.

wdwfan4ver

The first eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series will be at virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway at 1:30 p.m. eastern time.

There is no coverage details yet on this.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
NASCAR announced they are banning all testing until further notice.

Can you please explain what that means? Is it that none of the racing cars can test their speed on the tracks for the time being? Or does it mean that NASCAR officials are holding off inspecting race cars (since races are cancelled)?

wdwfan4ver

Can you please explain what that means? Is it that none of the racing cars can test their speed on the tracks for the time being? Or does it mean that NASCAR officials are holding off inspecting race cars (since races are cancelled)?
They are referring to private tests teams due with there race car. It is deeper than that. NASCAR teams also testing that does not involved being on the race track and NASCAR has that banned also.

The testing that does not involve being on race tracks that got banned are wind tunnels, Climatic tunnels, 7/8 posters- I have no idea on that is, K&C rigs (static and dynamic), and driver simulators.

I'm guessing 7/8 posters is a term for something else than you and I think of, I don't know what though. Climatic tunnels testing basically is a similar to the original version of Epcot's Test track. I am referring to the weather section of Disney's original Test ride. Race teams use it for night settings, hot settings, cooler temperature in terms of how their race cars would react.

K&C rigs are tuning everything else in the suspension, beyond the dampers. The typical goals are to optimize the loaded and unloaded suspension. This is for testing the race cars suspension.

What I a mean by driver simulators is not Iracing. I'm guessing there is programs the teams have that simulate the weather conditions and the handling of the race cars for each track that drivers can test without going to a race track in person.

wdwfan4ver

IT has been announced that Foxsports 1 and the Foxsports app will be covering the first ever eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series race with it being 1:30 p.m. Eastern.

Jeff Gordon, Mike Joy and Larry McReynolds will be calling the action from the he action from the iRacing virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway. Clint Bowyer will the in-car analyst besides competing in an iRacing simulator in the FOX NASCAR Charlotte studio.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The the iRacing virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway race will have 35 competitors. There are more named known besides Dale Jr., Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Clint Bowyer, Kyle Larson, and Christopher Bell.

The additional named mentioned at this time are Austin Dillon, 2000 Cup Champion Bobby Labonte, Brad Keslowski, Joey Logano, Chase Elliott, Bubba Wallace, Chris Buescher, William Byron, Matt DiBenedetto, Austin Dillon, Ty Dillon, Timmy Hill, Michael McDowell, John Hunter Nemechek, Ryan Preece, Garrett Smithley, Erik Jones, Ross Chastain, Parker Kligerman, Landon Cassill and Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

More names will be mentioned on Sunday with them being Xfinity series and Truck series competitors.

wdwfan4ver

Fox has this weekend's NASCAR schedule up.
Tonight at 6:30 eastern is the 2016 Sonoma race on Foxsports 1.

Tomorrow at 1:30 pm. eastern is the IRacing pro invitational series on Foxsports 1.

Fox tomorrow at 3:00 p.m eastern will be showing the 1986 cup series Richmond race.

There is a note that the Fox cup series race 1986 race may not be showed in every market based on the comments I read so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom