2024 NASCAR

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
images(6).jpg

wdwfan4ver

It was announced Tony Stewart will be racing at the Indianapolis Motor speedway road course for the Xfinity Indy series race on July 4th and its going to be Tony first NASCAR race since he retired from cup racing after the 2016 season.

Lilofan

The NASCAR drivers have to be in top physical condition when they race each weekend and have a good diet. Does anyone know what kind of exercise they do during the season. Work out at local gyms near the track? Does the track have gym and cardio equipment in an enclosed area?

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The NASCAR drivers have to be in top physical condition when they race each weekend and have a good diet. Does anyone know what kind of exercise they do during the season. Work out at local gyms near the track? Does the track have gym and cardio equipment in an enclosed area?

Although I can't answer that specifically, I can share that Jimmy Johnson is a triathalon runner. He's always worked out and is quite the athlete.

I've also read that all the drivers have to keep their weight down, so I guess each one has his own exercise regimen. My guess is that ome of them probably run laps around the race courses in the morning.

@wdwfan4ver , do you have any information about the exercise routines of the drivers?

Lilofan

Although I can't answer that specifically, I can share that Jimmy Johnson is a triathalon runner. He's always worked out and is quite the athlete.

I've also read that all the drivers have to keep their weight down, so I guess each one has his own exercise regimen. My guess is that ome of them probably run laps around the race courses in the morning.

@wdwfan4ver , do you have any information about the exercise routines of the drivers?
The smoke from the barbeque grills would be tempting.. Didn't some race teams get jealous when Danica started racing saying her petite frame ( approx 100lbs) would make the race car go faster?

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I have no idea the local where the drivers work out on race weekend. I've seen picture of some of them working out on race day before.

I know not all drivers actually work out as late as 2015 or 2016, but it might be true to this day. I know Tony Stewart usually did not and Tony event admitted that during his NASCAR Hall of Fame speech. At the same time, that could be one of the facts why Stewart was in decline in 2013 before before breaking his tibia and Fibula bones. Stewart as a driver did not eat or drink properly at all.

What I do know is some drivers outside of gym varies on the driver. Some of the drivers are not gym people do stuff like biking, running, playing basketball, martial arts, and do out door activities for keeping in shape.

wdwfan4ver

I did mention some without mentioning names. The problem is the information I got didn't mention everything each driver did because I think there is more information than it is known. I know one of the things Kevin Harvick does is martial arts. Denny Hamlin is known for playing basketball and one of the things he does for keeping himself in shape.

I do have details on the oldest cup driver ever that reached 10 in points points at season end. Morgan Shepherd finished 6th in points at the age of 53 back in 1994. Morgan Shepherd at the time got himself in racing shape by roller skating. He even roller skated on pit road.

Mark Martin in his era was known for his workouts and it involved a lot of time in the gym.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I have no idea the local where the drivers work out on race weekend. I've seen picture of some of them working out on race day before.

I know not all drivers actually work out as late as 2015 or 2016, but it might be true to this day. I know Tony Stewart usually did not and Tony event admitted that during his NASCAR Hall of Fame speech. At the same time, that could be one of the facts why Stewart was in decline in 2013 before before breaking his tibia and Fibula bones. Stewart as a driver did not eat or drink properly at all.

What I do know is some drivers outside of gym varies on the driver. Some of the drivers are not gym people do stuff like biking, running, playing basketball, martial arts, and do out door activities for keeping in shape.
Wow, I would have thought these drivers would be gym rats to prepare themselves for the grueling season and during the season in addition to a healthy diet.

wdwfan4ver

Brian France is suing the owner of a parody twitter account. The parody twitter account in question is called Drunk Brian France. The lawsuit is for falsely impersonating Brian France and causing damage to him. The thing is that Parody account has been around since February of 2014 with it being way before Brian France got arrest in New York resulting him no longer being the CEO of NASCAR.

I heard of the Drunk Brian France account in the past. I never took his rumors seriously because he did not have the credibility of other people besides being a parody account He made stuff up that some people took seriously such as making up Kyle Busch had an affair with a Monster Energy girl.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

It is announced that Ryan Newman will have an interview on Wednesday on NBC's Today show. I don't know the time Ryan Newman will be having this interview. The today show lasts for 4 hours and I doubt Ryan's Interview will take that long.

The show lasts 7 A.M Eastern to 11 a.m Eastern.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I found out the time Ryan Newman will be on the Today show.

The segment featuring Newman is supposed to air Wednesday morning at 7:40 AM Eastern Time.

I didn't get to see the show this morning, but a while ago, I looked on the Today Show web site. The interview is posted. If interested, I pasted it below.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced at track changes to the Coronavirus.

The driver crew chief meetings will be held in open air locations across all series and attendance will be restricted to drivers, crew chiefs, team owners and select officials and dignitaries.

There also has been changes for driver at track media availabilities, track service meetings, team haulers, driver appearances, driver autographs, pre-race/post race activities, advanced in market appearances, and at track evaluation process due to the Coronavirus. These changes are supposed to remain in effect indefinitely.

What I can tell about driver autograph changes is drivers only can use their own sharpies, and hero cards should be the primary form for all autographs. That is different than what I'm used to seeing. My younger brother and I went to plenty of NASCAR races at the Milwaukee Mile and seen stuff like tires, shirts, and hats being signed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom