2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

There is information that I was not aware of. Brad Keselowski did not have say in the crew chief swap with Logano getting Paul Wolfe. Brad's contract is up after this season also.

If Brad leaves Penske, Penske already has a driver as a replacement for Brad. Penske has Austin Cindric. Austin Cindric is the son of Penske President Tim Cindric.

Based on last year, Austin is a step down from Brad. He did show great improvements from 2018 to 2019 in the Xfinity series. 14 top 5's and 24 top 10's in the Xfinity series last year was a great stat, but the laps led were not what you expect with 205.

Austin Cindric background in racing before NASCAR is Sportscar racing and rallycross. Road Racers trying to pull off NASCAR is not easy from an oval standpoint. The best I've seen in that is Montoya.

Austin is a natural at road courses and showed in the Xfinity series last year. Austin from a talent standpoint is not on the same level as Cole Custer, Christopher Bell, or Tyler Reddick in terms of ovals. This year is not going to be a good reading on Austin Cindric because the talent level in the Xfinity series is down.

Last edited:

artvandelay

There is information that I was not aware of. Brad Keselowski did not have say in the crew chief swap with Logano getting Paul Wolfe. Brad's contract is up after this season also.

If Brad leaves Penske, Penske already has a driver as a replacement for Brad. Penske has Austin Cindric. Austin Cindric is the son of Penske President Tim Cindric.

Based on last year, Austin is a step down from Brad. He did show great improvements from 2018 to 2019 in the Xfinity series. 14 top 5's and 24 top 10's in the Xfinity series last year was a great stat, but the laps led were not what you expect with 205.

Austin Cindric background in racing before NASCAR is Sportscar racing and rallycross. Road Racers trying to pull off NASCAR is not easy from an oval standpoint. The best I've seen in that is Montoya.

Austin is a natural at road courses and showed in the Xfinity series last year. Austin from a talent standpoint is not on the same level as Cole Custer, Christopher Bell, or Tyler Reddick in terms of ovals. This year is not going to be a good reading on Austin Cindric because the talent level in the Xfinity series is down.
Brad did not seem too happy with Logano today.

Rick Hendrick said he would try to get Brad back to HMS one day. Maybe next year...

wdwfan4ver

Brad did not seem too happy with Logano today.

Rick Hendrick said he would try to get Brad back to HMS one day. Maybe next year...
I got the same impression between and Logano. I am not a bit surprised though.

As far Brad to Hendrick, I have to agree with you there. I know Corey Lajoie is a candidate due to Chase Elliott and Jimmie Johnson think highly of him and Corey did write a letter to him. The catch is I think Corey is a backup plan if Brad does not go to Hendrick.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR has confirmed that they are exploring a street race around a football stadium next year.

I'll be curious on what location are they looking at and if a race date is being taken away from a race track.

wdwfan4ver

I heard Trump might show up at the Daytona 500.
It is now confirmed he's showing up.

It is not as much of a surprise. I ready know Trump has showed up at NASCAR events before he was running for President plus he does show up at sporting events.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

There is a rumor to keep an eye on and this is according Adam Stern. NASCAR is considering implementing new attendance standards for tracks in 2021. The standard is race tracks have to reach at 70 percent capacity for a cup race or face some type of penalty.

I have no idea on the penalty. I'm guessing a fine or a cup race being taken away.

I have no idea what the penalty is if this happens. I do know this is going to affect Indianapolis Motor Speedway. My reasoning is this track's capacity is 350,000 and the Brickyard 400 has not been close to reach that percentage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom