2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Big news came out of Penske today. All 3 Penske cup teams have their crew chiefs, road crews and pit crews switched.

Joey Logano is getting the road and pit crew that Brad Keselowski had last year along with Brad's crew chief Paul Wolfe.

Ryan Blaney is getting the road and pit crew that Joey Logano had last year along with Joey's crew chief Todd Gordon.

Brad Keselowski is getting the road and pit crew that Ryan Blaney had last year along with Ryan's crew chief Jeremy Bullins

artvandelay

Big news came out of Penske today. All 3 Penske cup teams have their crew chiefs, road crews and pit crews switched.

Joey Logano is getting the road and pit crew that Brad Keselowski had last year along with Brad's crew chief Paul Wolfe.

Ryan Blaney is getting the road and pit crew that Joey Logano had last year along with Joey's crew chief Todd Gordon.

Brad Keselowski is getting the road and pit crew that Ryan Blaney had last year along with Ryan's crew chief Jeremy Bullins
This kind of shakeup worked well for HMS when they did it around 2011(?).

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced pit road changes for 4 Xfinity races and 3 Truck series races this years. That means most of the 2020 season, the Truck series and the Xfinity series have 2019 pit road rules.

Those races with the pit road changes does include road courses. 2 of the 4 Xfinity races with pit road changes are on Road courses. 1 out of the 3 Truck series races with pit road changes is a road course.

The rules for those races are you can not pit under green and it would be a 2 lap penalty if the team does. Teams are not allowed to take 4 tires and fuel on the same pit stop or you get a 2 lap penalty. If you perform 4 tires on 1 pit stop on an oval, you get a 2 lap penalty.

The road course rules for those 3 truck series and Xfinity series races combine forces a team to change tires for 1 pitstop and get fuel on the pitstop that you do not get tires.

Each series for those combined 7 races also will a maximum of 8 crew members per pit stop for each team.

wdwfan4ver

Adventhealth is going to be Kyle Larsons sponsor for 2 races in the 2020 season.

There is other news concerning Adventhealth and Chip Ganassi Racing. Spires Motorsports is getting lots of Chip Ganassi Racing support for the Daytona 500 and the Coca Cola 600 with Ross Chastain as the driver. Adventhealth is going to sponsor Ross Chastain for the Daytona 500 and the Coca Cola 600.

wdwfan4ver

I have some Daytona speedweek news.

David Ragan will be racing in the 36 car of Rick Ware Racing for the Dayton 500 with Select Blinds as the sponsor.

Kaulig Racing going to attempt the Daytona 500 with Justin Haley as the driver with Fraternal Order of Eagles as the primary sponsor.

wdwfan4ver

Front Row Motorsports announced they are starting up a trucks series team besides the 2 two cup series teams they own. I know the driver will be Todd Gilliland. What I'm waiting to see is if this affects the cup side since they are not a big organization.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced cup series rule changes for road courses, 1 miles tracks, and short tracks. NASCAR is cutter the spoiler from 8 inches to 2.75 inches for all the races I mentioned. The front splitter overhang on the cup car will be half an inch instead of two inches. The front splitter also will have 2 inch wings instead of 10.5 wings.

Radiator pan will not have vertical fencing, but the dimensions of the pan stays the same.

NASCAR mentioned they did these changes for getting a rid of down force for road courses, 1 mile tracks, and short tracks in the cup series.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced there will be 10 truck series teams in the chase instead of 8.

What that will do is round 2 of the truck series chase will have 8 drivers instead of 6. The final round for the truck series chase still will have 4 drivers.

wdwfan4ver

Matt Tifft posted a update on his health. He suffered a seizure on his honeymoon on December 12th. It caused him to get panic attacks and intense anxiety the fear of getting another seizure if he leaves his house. What caused it was he was conscious for a lot more of the seizure.

Matt mentioned that he seen improvements in the last few weeks going to therapy and rewire his brain.

wdwfan4ver

The DC Solar Ponzi Scheme scandal is done except for sentencing . The owners Jeff and Paulette Carpoff plead guilty. Jeff is facing up to 30 years in jail and the wife is facing up to 15 years in jail.

The owners gave up cash, winery, lots vehicles ranging from a 1969 Plymouth roadrunner to 2000 Porsche Boxer, all luxury real estate including private island. All 149 antique vehicles and boats the Carpoff's had already were sold. The government would be auctioning off 150 vehicles including the 1969 Plymouth roadrunner and 2000 Porsche Boxer in October.

It sounds like the government is hoping for getting lots of money from everything they got from the married couple. They are aiming for $120 Million dollars to investors and $500 million to be returned to the Treasury.

As far NASCAR goes in this DC Solar mess, it sounds like the race tracks and race teams will not be receiving the sponsorship money they were owed.

wdwfan4ver

Citgard will be John Hunter Nemechek's Primary sponsor for 5 races this year and an associate sponsor throughout the 2020 season. Citgard was with Front Front Motorsports last year for 3 races with David Ragan. The races races John Hunter Nemechek will have Citgard as a sponsor are Daytona 500, New Hampshire Motor speedway, August Michigan International Speedway race, September Bristol race, and the Charlotte Roval Race.

Citgard is a member of the CITGO Petroleum Corporation family of brands. As far as Cigo goes, they have a very long history in NASCAR. I remember when Citgo was with the Wood Brothers.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced 2 changes. NASCAR announced that a race is official when the race is halfway done instead of end of the 2nd stage.

The 2nd change is 16 cup races will have length of stages change. The races affected are Daytona 500, booth Talladega cup Races, Atlanta, booth Texas cup races, Southern 500, booth Phoenix cup races, New Hampshire race, booth Dover cup Races, booth Richmond cup races, and the 2 Pocono cup series races.

wdwfan4ver

Since I think the full time teams are done, I start to do 2020 team predictions.

Gaunt Brothers Racing- This is going to be a tough season for them besides not having charter. This team has a veteran driver in Daniel Suarez, but this was a part time team. There is going to be growing pains. To make matter worse, this team does not have JGR support despite getting Toyota Support. To top it off, Suarez has a reputation of being an underachiever in the cup series considering how the 41 team was under Kurt Busch and how the 19 team was under Truex Jr. The other question is if this is a one year deal and I won't be shocked if Daniel jumps ship to a better team for 2021. Going into this year, there are not many prospects ready for a cup jump. I expect a 30 to a top 36 points finish

Star Com Racing - Team made a mistake in the off season by having Quin Houff as a driver. Quin brings money, but he was extremely slow last year. Not having Landon Cassill will hurt this organization. I won't be shocked this organization will be dead last out of the full time cup teams due to the driver being known to be so off the pace. Quin's problem is you are dealing with a local short track driver with very limited regional and national stock car experience before to cup. I wouldn't be surprise if there will a driver change before the season ends or after the season.

Spire Motorsports - I'm under the impression they will be a full time organization, but they will have Chip Ganassi Racing support for Ross Chastain for Daytona 500 and Coca Cola 600. They will be competitive more than usually at those two races. This organization is going to be a long shot to win, but fluke wins can happen like winning a race by non stop lightning at Daytona. The fact is the Summer Daytona race is happening on August 29th at Night and I know how Florida is in late August for weather.

MBM Motorsports - Timmy Hill is their full time driver. The expectations are low for this underfunded race team. A top 20 is win for them. If they win a race, it would because by rain, or a lightning at Daytona or Talladega.

wdwfan4ver

Rick Ware Racing - They have multiple full time driver, but the owner is shady. The race fixing at Homestead was proof of that and NASCAR did fine them for that. To my understanding is there is a small amount of backer teams that actually make money in racing by not spending money on Improving teams and Rick Ware Racing is one of them and is willing to do anything to make money in NASCAR including Fixing races:banghead:. If they win, Daytona and Talladega are the only tracks.

Premium Motorsports - They were part of the backmarker homestead fixing race scandal.

They have Brennan Poole as a driver instead of Ross Chastain for the 15 car. Poole was a Xfinity series driver a few years ago, but had his ride taken away so Kyle Larson can have DC solar as as a Sponsor instead of Brennan Poole. I have no idea how Poole got a Ponzi scheme company as a sponsor. Poole raced in the truck series 13 out 23 races last year. Brennan Poole is raw and being part of an underfunded race team. Brennan is a down grade, but I know Ross is building his resume for a better cup ride in 2021 by doing full time in Xfinity series. The best the 15 car can do is top stay out of trouble and a top 20 would be possible for Daytona and Talladega. A win is a long shot, but fluke wins can happen considering the weather at Daytona In August.

Germain Racing - They were a top 25 team team with Ty Dillon last year. They can be competitive at times, but has problems. They has RCR equipment, but RCR equipment is bad in general and being a single car team isn't easy. Ty can be a threat at pack racing race like last year proved. Daytona and Talladega are the biggest chances them to win. Germain Racing is known to be good at Daytona and Talladega even back when they had Casey Mears fulltime. If they win outside of Daytona and Talladega, it is a fluke win by weather, or some strategy. As far as Ty Dillon goes, what is said about his brother about road courses is true about him also. The 13 car to me this year is borderline top 25 points team.

Richard Petty Motorsports- Team with Childress equipment with Bubba Wallace as the driver. Bubba regressed last year stat wise. Organization has struggled with sponsorship for the last 2 years. Bubba can surprised people with a great run once in a while like he did at the 2019 Brickyard 400. Finishing in the top 25 in is points should the teams goal. As far as where to win, that is more likely at Daytona or Talladega. They can steal a top 5 in weather affected races depending on how off the team was before the weather.

wdwfan4ver

Like it was mentioned in the Chit Chat Chit Chat thread, John Andretti died at the age of 56 of Colon Cancer. I heard of him for many years. I first heard of him in the 1980s.

While John was known for racing in NASCAR, he did racing other series also. John won an Indycar race in Australia, he won in Sportscars, and even won a round in a Top Fuel drag racer in the National Hot Rod Association. He won races in mediocre or bad equipment and people came to realize there was a lot of untapped potential that was not maxed out due to the team he was on.

John came from a very famous family, but he was known as once of the nicest people in Auto racing. He was known for putting others first, himself 2nd.

John was known for his Charity work including having Living Indy 500 drivers sign a car for a charity auction. John had Charity cart races for many years for raising money for Riley's Children's hospital, a Hospital that he had roots with back when he was a kid.

RIP to a well respected person in Auto Racing.

wdwfan4ver

While this is not NASCAR, Long time Indycar driver Tony Kanaan is retiring after this season at the age of 45. He will be racing in 5 races this year with them being on ovals including the 2020 Indy 500. Tony has raced in Cart/Indycar since 1998. He won 17 times including the 2013 Indy 500 and won the Indycar championship in 2004.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom