2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Matt Tifft is out for the remainder of the year and John Hunter Nemechek is the replacement driver.

What happened was Matt Tifft blacked out on Saturday in the Team's hauler and suffered a seizure. Matt himself came and said it earlier today on a video on social media based on what I read. Front Row Racing said Tifft is consulting with doctors and NASCAR medical staff in hopes of ultimately returning to competition.

wdwfan4ver

Go Fas Racing announced they signed a technical alliance with Stewart-Haas Racing for the 2020 season.

I do know Go Fas Racing has not announced a driver for the 32 car yet. The owner of Go Fas Racing mentioned according to the media that Cole Custer is not a candidate for the 32 car or in their organization for that matter. It sounds like they want Corey Lajoie back.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

There is big auto racing news. Penske bought Indianapolis Motor speedway and the NTT Indycar Series. What I know is the Hulman family approached Roger Penske to buy the track.

I do know Roger Penske used to own race tracks in the past with them being Rockingham, Auto Club Speedway,Michigan International Speedway and Nazareth Speedway.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Kyle Busch will be racing in the Rolex 24 at Daytona. He will being racing in a Lexus RCF GT3s in the GT Daytona class for Vassar Sullivan. Vassar Sullivan has 2 cars, but each car will have multiple drivers for the 24 hour endurance road race at Daytona International Speedway.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR has announced Bubba Wallace $50,000 and 50 driver points for intentionally bringing out a caution at Texas Motor Speedway. Bubba Wallace and Richard Petty Motorsports are not appealing the penalty. This international during green flag pit stops caused some drivers to loose their track position during the race as a result and never quite got back were they were before green flag pit stops including drivers in the chase.

NASCAR did this because Bubba Wallace came out and said he internationally caused a caution and actually called out NASCAR and basically daring NASCAR to penalize him:jawdrop::facepalm:🍿. Bubba Wallace actually affected Kyle Larson in a negative way by him bring out a caution on purpose with it happening after Kyle Larson pitted. Kyle Larson is a chase driver and it Bubba's actions actually made it tougher for him to be one of the final 4 drivers at Homestead.

NASCAR's Senior Vice President of Competition Scott Miller explained to the media that NASCAR did not have enough evidence with the data to view spin as intentional until Bubba Wallace publicly admitted he did it.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

My thoughts on NASCAR's actions on Bubba Wallace is, I'm disappointed in NASCAR for not suspended Bubba Wallace.

My reasoning is Bubba Wallace actually admitting to spinning out on purpose to bring out a and also said publicly that NASCAR can't penalize me. To top it off, Bubba affected more the Texas race with his action of spinning on purpose during green flag pitstops. Bubba's action caused Kyle Larson to finish 13th instead of a possible top 5. That meant Bubba Wallace was affecting who could make it to Homestead to be the 2019 cup champion.

I am waiting to see how Richard Petty is going to handle Bubba and how the sponsors of the 43 will react towards Bubba's actions.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It was announced Matt Tifft and Front Row Motorsports part ways. It sounded like it was a mutual decision with Matt focusing on his health.

Gosh, he's only 23. I read a bit about a brain tumor (a few years ago?). I hope there are no complications from that and that he'll be o.k.

wdwfan4ver

Gosh, he's only 23. I read a bit about a brain tumor (a few years ago?). I hope there are no complications from that and that he'll be o.k.
I known Matt Claimed there was no complications from the brain tumor when he first announced had a seizure at Martinsville. The thing that got me is he claimed that seizure was his first ever.

wdwfan4ver

What happened tonight for the truck series show NASCAR has problem with their playoff elimination format. Ryan Newman almost exposed it in 2014 in the cup series and it finally happened tonight:rolleyes:.

Matt Crafton won the Truck Series Championship this year with zero wins, 7 top 5's and 18 top 10's. Matt also only led 44 laps this year. Before tonights race, Crafton did not have a top 5 since June 7th at Texas with only being the 9th race of the year at the time. Matt had 13 straight races without a top 5. This is almost bad as Ryan Newman's 2014 seasons that he finished 2nd in the playoffs despite having no wins and only 5 top's all year long.

The big problem is if the Elimination format did not exist is the truck series, Crafton would have been 4th in points without a playoff system. The other 3 drivers in the truck series had a combined 10 truck series wins this year.

Brian France created the chase in the cup series for multiple reasons including he did not want a driver with 1 cup in a single season to win a championship. Brian wanted to create drama for the final race of the season.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom