2020 Election Thread

danlb_2000

Before the Republicans start celebrating let's see the results of the GA runoff elections on Jan 5. Warnock and Osloff won more of the popular vote so let's see if there is a stronger than ever GA African American vote on 1/5. President elect Biden is coming to visit GA in the future. If both Democratic candidates win, there will be a lot of crying Republicans out there.

And on GREAT news, Wall Street is reacting to a Biden presidency, vaccines coming in the future and breaking today the 30,000 point barrier for the first time in history! Trump was dead wrong when he forecasted the Dow Jones would collapse if he LOST, which he did. Anyone invested in the markets, 401K and it's a happy day!

The stock market is more likely reacting to the situation stabilizing then what candidate it actually is.

eliza61nyc

Advertisement
I am completely shocked that Liberals here still think they won the election. Look at the results. The House of Representatives will be made up of 222 Democrats and 213 Republicans. Who won the competitive seats? The Republicans. Now look at the Senate. The Democrats were supposed to gained at least 4 and probably 5 seats. So far they won only one. Likely, Republicans will win both Georgia's seats but even in they only win 1, they will control the Senate.

Republican's won everywhere on Election day with the exception of the Presidency and so as many here keep pointing out, it has nothing to do with policies, only that Trump is a fool, something I have said all along but that his policies were better than the Democrats. Anyway, I would hope that even the biggest Trump haters, looking at the facts, would realise the only reason Biden won was Covid19 and if it weren't for that Trump would have easily won.

ok so "almost" pretty much only works in horseshoes. We think we won the presidential election humm because we did?? Now I admit I did not pay attention to the senate elections because Pa senate elections were pretty predictable.

But of course anyone can spin any thing to fit whatever their agenda is. The fact that a Republican strong hold in the South even needs a runoff has the Democrats happy and ready to erect a statue to Stacey Abrams.

Most presidents win their second term (if they run, we have a number of one term presidents that did not run for various reason) just for the fact that we seem to hate changing horses in the middle of the stream so of course one could spin it that Trump was a gigantic cluster&% all the way around.

Not sure I agree with the last but again I'm in the northeast where the vast majority of folks hate Trump and not just because of Covid.

this all would have been done and over with if your parties leader had for one millisecond acted like an adult. so yeah we think we won the election because no matter how many recounts or how you want to spin it. Biden beat Trump.

my 100 year old aunt in Charleston sent this too me, pretty much sums it up
words to live by.jpg

I'm actually hoping now the President just stays on the golf course for the rest of his term

Last edited:

aw14

I am completely shocked that Liberals here still think they won the election. Look at the results. The House of Representatives will be made up of 222 Democrats and 213 Republicans. Who won the competitive seats? The Republicans. Now look at the Senate. The Democrats were supposed to gained at least 4 and probably 5 seats. So far they won only one. Likely, Republicans will win both Georgia's seats but even in they only win 1, they will control the Senate.

Republican's won everywhere on Election day with the exception of the Presidency and so as many here keep pointing out, it has nothing to do with policies, only that Trump is a fool, something I have said all along but that his policies were better than the Democrats. Anyway, I would hope that even the biggest Trump haters, looking at the facts, would realise the only reason Biden won was Covid19 and if it weren't for that Trump would have easily won.
It is an interesting way of viewing it.

The end result is the republicans had a good night, outside of president. That said, if the GOP maintains the senate, it was subpar for the democrats.

GOP are expected and predicted to lose 12-15 seats in the house, from conservative outlets. They end up gaining, and very likely, according to most recent polling, will maintain control of the senate under cocaine Mitch.

While I do believe that Biden will gt the cabinet positions he nominates, and rightfully so, there is going to need to be serious negotiations.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Premium Member
This is great:

This excerpt also sums up the despicable attempt by Republicans to subvert the outcome of the election:

“Petitioners would also be hard pressed to find a way to prejudice more people in a more significant manner. Since Act 77’s enactment, the Department has administered two elections in Pennsylvania pursuant to Act 77. Now, more than two weeks after millions of Pennsylvanians cast votes, Petitioners seek to disenfranchise every single voter who participated in the November 3, 2020 presidential election. See Pet. for Review at 24. Disenfranchising voters for no fault of their own is as prejudicial as it is antithetical to our democracy.”

What’s also interesting is that Mike Kelly, one of the petitioners in this case, actually won the very election he is trying to invalidate.

Last edited:

Willmark

Some general thoughts-
I’m curious, at this stage why would a Republican voter, vote Democrat ever again? At this stage the Democrats would literally just be using them for their vote to push policies they don’t endorse. I suppose the reverse is true as well. But there is no reason to respond across the aisle as it stands now.

Or put another way: if you’re Joe Average guy in Ohio whose job moved away years ago thanks to NAFTA, what do the Democrats offer them other than scorn, vilification and comments of “learn how to code”. “Cling to their guns and religion?”

This isn’t a commentary on supposed fragility or any of that other nonsense. What I see right now here and elsewhere from a number of people is revenge. In no way, shape or form does that end well for anyone.

I also suspect when the Democrats push to punish those who supported Trump or even ones that didn’t like Trump but don’t like the Democrats either? Don’t be surprised when the police, ATF, etc doesn’t automatically side with the Dems? Sound far-fetched? I don’t think it is. It will happen sooner rather than later.

Cooler heads need to prevail and I see here and elsewhere a lot of comments about “the last four years” in the context of revenge, all the while missing the bigger picture.

It’s my contention we’re in a cold Civil War already. And if it turns hot? This isn’t going to be like the 1860s with distant battles in the countryside, it’s going to be in major cities like NYC, Philly and LA.

As I’ve said numerous times: we could have a 9/11 type attack again and I’m unsure if half the population would condemn the act. That’s now, imagine four years from now how much worse it’s going to be. I don’t see any coming together anytime soon.

Trump wasn’t some aberration out of no where, he was an imperfect vessel for a lot of growing frustration in the US. It’s short sighted IMO to chalk this up to an -“ism”

Trump hasn’t helped any of this and now we’re going to get the Left doing the same but in the opposite direction.

And our hope that doesn’t somehow happen rests on a 78 YO politician that was elected (IMO) because of the desire to remove Trump, not because of any qualifications he has. I’ll leave it at that as I have a feeling my suspicions will be proven 100% correct.

“May you live in interesting times” certainly seems apt these days.

As always YMMV.

rowrbazzle

And that's just sad, because even without COVID, there exists such a gigantic mountain of damning acts from that thing that the election shouldn't have even been close. The fact that nearly half of this country so easily accepts racism, misogyny, ignorance, arrogance, science denying, cheating, and crime is mind boggling.

Tony Perkis

This is where the “let this all play out” crowd is wrong. We, as a country, should not be entertaining outright lies as part of the process. Giuliani should be disbarred.

DisneyDebRob

Some general thoughts-
I’m curious, at this stage why would a Republican voter, vote Democrat ever again? At this stage the Democrats would literally just be using them for their vote to push policies they don’t endorse. I suppose the reverse is true as well. But there is no reason to respond across the aisle as it stands now.

Or put another way: if you’re Joe Average guy in Ohio whose job moved away years ago thanks to NAFTA, what do the Democrats offer them other than scorn, vilification and comments of “learn how to code”. “Cling to their guns and religion?”

This isn’t a commentary on supposed fragility or any of that other nonsense. What I see right now here and elsewhere from a number of people is revenge. In no way, shape or form does that end well for anyone.

I also suspect when the Democrats push to punish those who supported Trump or even ones that didn’t like Trump but don’t like the Democrats either? Don’t be surprised when the police, ATF, etc doesn’t automatically side with the Dems? Sound far-fetched? I don’t think it is. It will happen sooner rather than later.

Cooler heads need to prevail and I see here and elsewhere a lot of comments about “the last four years” in the context of revenge, all the while missing the bigger picture.

It’s my contention we’re in a cold Civil War already. And if it turns hot? This isn’t going to be like the 1860s with distant battles in the countryside, it’s going to be in major cities like NYC, Philly and LA.

As I’ve said numerous times: we could have a 9/11 type attack again and I’m unsure if half the population would condemn the act. That’s now, imagine four years from now how much worse it’s going to be. I don’t see any coming together anytime soon.

Trump wasn’t some aberration out of no where, he was an imperfect vessel for a lot of growing frustration in the US. It’s short sighted IMO to chalk this up to an -“ism”

Trump hasn’t helped any of this and now we’re going to get the Left doing the same but in the opposite direction.

And our hope that doesn’t somehow happen rests on a 78 YO politician that was elected (IMO) because of the desire to remove Trump, not because of any qualifications he has. I’ll leave it at that as I have a feeling my suspicions will be proven 100% correct.

“May you live in interesting times” certainly seems apt these days.

As always YMMV.
We have been living in “ very interesting times’ for the last 4 years.
I’m not sure how old you are but I’m 58 and have never seen anything like the last 4 years. I love the way what has happened has been just normalized, as you put it” imperfect vessel of growing frustration “ in this country. Was the country that frustrated 4 years ago? I realize some don’t like some thing’s Obama did, that the way with any president, but frustrated to the point of electing someone with no idea on how to run a country? Just that I’m a businessman and I’ll straighten it out? It’s been a joke. He is incompetent in most areas of running the government and worse in others.
It was time for a change. You may be correct on Biden winning because most just wanted Trump out. I think people want normalcy again in the government. People just want to wake up in the morning and finally not hear about what the president tweeted and what celebrity he’s attacking. I can’t believe I’m actually typing this stuff. It’s unreal.
He’s still doing his own thing with delaying the briefings.. firing people who went against him etc.
We have 40,000,000 people facing eviction..the senate is on vacation..food lines are stretching for miles..no Covid relief..Americans dying in droves.. and he’s out playing golf. People are sick of it.

The Mom

Premium Member
Off topic as well, but this is a pet peeve of mine. I know people laugh at "Duck and Cover" now, but in the event of a nuclear attack, this offered the most realistic option to save as many people as possible. It would not have helped everyone... those in the immediate vicinity of the blast would have been instantly incinerated. But the further away your position from ground zero, the more your chances of survival increased, moreso if you were able to find both overhead and lateral blast cover. Short of saturating populated regions with fallout shelters, shielding yourself from the flying debris caused by the concussion wave offered the best chance of immediate survival. It was not a fail-safe remedy and neither was it ever intended as such, but a matter of maximizing an individual's chance of seeing the light of another day.
Duck and Cover was only to be used if there wasn't enough time to get to the fallout shelter located in the school's basement (my schools all had one). Or for those who lived in areas that did not have basements - like Florida. There were multiple shelters located throughout my town - they were marked with a sign. And we had a makeshift one in our basement. many people we knew had an actual one with reinforced walls and doors, shelves (stocked with food and supplies), cots, etc. How many of you learned that a sanitary napkin could also be used as a bandage?

seascape

We have been living in “ very interesting times’ for the last 4 years.
I’m not sure how old you are but I’m 58 and have never seen anything like the last 4 years. I love the way what has happened has been just normalized, as you put it” imperfect vessel of growing frustration “ in this country. Was the country that frustrated 4 years ago? I realize some don’t like some thing’s Obama did, that the way with any president, but frustrated to the point of electing someone with no idea on how to run a country? Just that I’m a businessman and I’ll straighten it out? It’s been a joke. He is incompetent in most areas of running the government and worse in others.
It was time for a change. You may be correct on Biden winning because most just wanted Trump out. I think people want normalcy again in the government. People just want to wake up in the morning and finally not hear about what the president tweeted and what celebrity he’s attacking. I can’t believe I’m actually typing this stuff. It’s unreal.
He’s still doing his own thing with delaying the briefings.. firing people who went against him etc.
We have 40,000,000 people facing eviction..the senate is on vacation..food lines are stretching for miles..no Covid relief..Americans dying in droves.. and he’s out playing golf. People are sick of it.
And who is to pay for it? Your numbers are exaggerated concerning the number of people facing evictions. But my question is who is to blame? The small landlord who can't pay their property taxes because their tenants were told by the Governor they can't be evicted. The landlord still has to pay property taxes, provide utility service, maintain the property and all that with no rent. Who is to blame? The people that closed the economy down!

No matter how anyone looks at it the government now has a debt to GDP percentage of 128.19%. And you want to add how much more? $3.2 billion in new stimulus, $3.0 trillion in student loan forgiveness and how much more? Who do you think will pay this off? Asking for bailout after bailout is crazy! I survived Covid19, my older sister survived it, so did her significant other, and we are both over 60.

Do you really believe their is no limit to the amount of debt we can afford? Please
give me a number that you think is affordable without destroying the future for our kids and grandchildren! The government still has to spend a fortune on the vaccines and its distribution. That is something they should pay but we never should have shut down the economy. They didn't in 1918 and they should've in 2020. It is only selfish adults who don't care about future generations that continue to demand more and more money from the government. We are just about out of the woods thanks to Operation Warp Speed, lets all tighten our own belts and stop asking our grandchildren to pay for our failures.

Matt_Black

Yeah- they don’t cover the negative in Trump. 🙄. Most reporting is over 90% negative.

"This is the day that Trump finally became President."
"Is Trump using a new tone?" (Narrator: No, it was the same tone.)
And then there were ALL the instances were Trump was blatantly lying, and the media refused to actually call it a lie.

And let's not forget four years of "trying to understand Trump supporters." There were no glowing fluff pieces in the New York Times about the people who voted for Hillary in 2016.

TiggerDad

And then there were ALL the instances were Trump was blatantly lying, and the media refused to actually call it a lie.

And let's not forget four years of "trying to understand Trump supporters." There were no glowing fluff pieces in the New York Times about the people who voted for Hillary in 2016.
There was a funny article in the Washington Post today asking if the Republicans were now going to spend the next four years trying to understand the Biden voters the same way all the media fell over themselves to try to understand Trump voters. Sadly it's behind a paywall, but you get the gist.

DisneyDebRob

And who is to pay for it? Your numbers are exaggerated concerning the number of people facing evictions. But my question is who is to blame? The small landlord who can't pay their property taxes because their tenants were told by the Governor they can't be evicted. The landlord still has to pay property taxes, provide utility service, maintain the property and all that with no rent. Who is to blame? The people that closed the economy down!

No matter how anyone looks at it the government now has a debt to GDP percentage of 128.19%. And you want to add how much more? $3.2 billion in new stimulus, $3.0 trillion in student loan forgiveness and how much more? Who do you think will pay this off? Asking for bailout after bailout is crazy! I survived Covid19, my older sister survived it, so did her significant other, and we are both over 60.

Do you really believe their is no limit to the amount of debt we can afford? Please
give me a number that you think is affordable without destroying the future for our kids and grandchildren! The government still has to spend a fortune on the vaccines and its distribution. That is something they should pay but we never should have shut down the economy. They didn't in 1918 and they should've in 2020. It is only selfish adults who don't care about future generations that continue to demand more and more money from the government. We are just about out of the woods thanks to Operation Warp Speed, lets all tighten our own belts and stop asking our grandchildren to pay for our failures.
Thank you for skipping over all I said about Trump. Finally maybe people are opening their eyes. As for the exaggeration of people possibly facing eviction:
A quick google search will show you many more, I just grabbed the first one.
We are almost the same age so you know with whatever president has been elected, we have been hearing how to try and not have our kids and grandkids pay for everything. Last 45 years that’s all I hear. Yet, every president has run up the debt, except for one. So that argument is a bit bogus because they run it up year in and year out.. Democrat or Republican. What needs to be done is to find the waste and we all know there’s tons of it.. stand up to the powerful interests that support our elected officials and find the money.
I don’t have all the answers but I think helping people not lose their house, combined with trying to save small businesses is a good way to spend the money.
As for the “ people that closed the economy down” statement. We all know we can’t have a healthy economy with a healthy people. There are millions contracted Covid.. isolating and can’t go to work. We have had over 250,000 thousand deaths and rising. Doesn’t sound like a way to get a economy going.
With saying all that I’m glad you got through the Covid along with your family. That’s good news! I have just be informed 2 days ago my aunt and uncle were rushed to the hospital and I’m hoping for the best. They can’t even get a room.. their are in the hallway so I’m hoping everything goes as well as you.
I think we derailed this thread enough.

Last edited:

seascape

Thank you for skipping over all I said about Trump. Finally maybe people are opening their eyes. As for the exaggeration of people possibly facing eviction:
A quick google search will show you many more, I just grabbed the first one.
We are almost the same age so you know with whatever president has been elected, we have been hearing how to try and not have our kids and grandkids pay for everything. Last 45 years that’s all I hear. Yet, every president has run up the debt, except for one. So that argument is a bit bogus because they run it up year in and year out.. Democrat or Republican. What needs to be done is to find the waste and we all know there’s tons of it.. stand up to the powerful interests that support our elected officials and find the money.
I don’t have all the answers but I think helping people not lose their house, combined with trying to save small businesses is a good way to spend the money.
As for the “ people that closed the economy down” statement. We all know we can’t have a healthy economy with a healthy people. There are millions contracted Covid.. isolating and can’t go to work. We have had over 250,000 thousand deaths and rising. Doesn’t sound like a way to get a economy going.
With saying all that I’m glad you got through the Covid along with your family. That’s good news! I have just be informed 2 days ago my aunt and uncle were rushed to the hospital and I’m hoping for the best. They can’t even get a room.. their are in the hallway so I’m hoping everything goes as well as you.
Now there is something we can agree on. Helping each other. Make contributions to good charities. The Cast Member Food Pantry in one of many good ones we should all support. We should also suppport those who need help, like my cleaning woman, who I have kept paying since March, even though I don't want anyone from the outside in my home. I care about her and her family. As for the government. they need to prioritize what they do and cut what is not needed and provide help where they can but they have to cut all unnecessary expenses and cut salaries of Governors and all elected officials. Maybe even open up the Mansions provided for those elected officials and take in some homeless. After all it is public housing.

aw14

This doesn’t address what I said, but ok

Tony Perkis

Fox News settles with the family of Seth Rich after the network falsely alleged Rich leaked the thousands of emails from the DNC, and even more egregiously, with evidence, pushed the conspiracy theory that the Clinton campaign and the DNC were involved in his death.

Last edited:

Lilofan

You survived covid however you stated you got it commuting to work . You are one of the lucky ones that could live to tell about it. A friend of mine who is a runner, got it, was in the hospital for 46 days, almost died but lived to tell about it too. Closing the economy is an option if the covid numbers don't improve. I don't want it to happen though because many more people will lose their jobs. Let's all just wear the @©π℅¶∆£ mask!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom