2020 Election Thread

eliza61nyc

and now Giuliani is collapsing.

Giuliani admits to exaggerating claims of voter fraud after saying Detroit had more voters than citizens​

I giggled because it was filed under "entertainment", anyhoo he does immediately say he is "exaggerating a bit" but come on, you're trying to prove your case and you decide to go comedic??

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Premium Member
Advertisement

Trump fears Giuliani, other lawyers in Biden vote challenge are ‘fools that are making him look bad’​

And it only took Trump until the other day to realize this. Not bad, all things considered. I also think he’s selling himself short here; he’s done a pretty remarkable job making himself look bad for years, all on his own.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Premium Member
and now Giuliani is collapsing.

Giuliani admits to exaggerating claims of voter fraud after saying Detroit had more voters than citizens​

I giggled because it was filed under "entertainment", anyhoo he does immediately say he is "exaggerating a bit" but come on, you're trying to prove your case and you decide to go comedic??
So you’re saying that if he wanted to be taken seriously he shouldn’t have quoted My Cousin Vinny in that press conference? I’ve heard it all now...

Willmark

A little off topic
1) Communist scare. anyone besides me remember the bomb drills where you had to hide under the wooden desk? lol, like that was going to save your keister in a nuclear attack.
Likewise off topic (somewhat)

Its interesting to note that the end of the Cold War ushered in Americans fighting amongst themselves. Slowly at first but gathered steam as the years passed by.

With no external threat we’ve fallen upon ourselves. I’m of the opinion there is no going back and is going to get worse, much worse.

Willmark

It's a cult and just like Jim Jones, scientology, Qanon or Move ( a local religious cult in Philly), they aren't interested in facts or any thing else. their leader has spoken and they will go down with the ship.
Interestingly enough I agree with this statement. I also think that Obama also had a cult like rise as well. Note I’m not talking about either as people or their actions, I’m talking about people’s response to them.

Heppenheimer

A little off topic

So I've been around for a minute or two & in my lifetime these are some of the times we are supposedly "changing the country".

1) Communist scare. anyone besides me remember the bomb drills where you had to hide under the wooden desk? lol, like that was going to save your keister in a nuclear attack.
2) Civil rights movement. I remember a women asking my mom why Blacks needed to vote, that we were out to destroy the country.
3) free love counter culture. this one had folks really flipping out.
4) women's rights
5) gay rights

Personally I wish I had a couple of hundred bucks every time some one uttered this dire warning, I could move into that swanky community outside of wdw, forgot the name.

It's amassing how the US keeps chugging along in spite of all the dire warnings.
Off topic as well, but this is a pet peeve of mine. I know people laugh at "Duck and Cover" now, but in the event of a nuclear attack, this offered the most realistic option to save as many people as possible. It would not have helped everyone... those in the immediate vicinity of the blast would have been instantly incinerated. But the further away your position from ground zero, the more your chances of survival increased, moreso if you were able to find both overhead and lateral blast cover. Short of saturating populated regions with fallout shelters, shielding yourself from the flying debris caused by the concussion wave offered the best chance of immediate survival. It was not a fail-safe remedy and neither was it ever intended as such, but a matter of maximizing an individual's chance of seeing the light of another day.

seascape

I am completely shocked that Liberals here still think they won the election. Look at the results. The House of Representatives will be made up of 222 Democrats and 213 Republicans. Who won the competitive seats? The Republicans. Now look at the Senate. The Democrats were supposed to gained at least 4 and probably 5 seats. So far they won only one. Likely, Republicans will win both Georgia's seats but even in they only win 1, they will control the Senate.

Republican's won everywhere on Election day with the exception of the Presidency and so as many here keep pointing out, it has nothing to do with policies, only that Trump is a fool, something I have said all along but that his policies were better than the Democrats. Anyway, I would hope that even the biggest Trump haters, looking at the facts, would realise the only reason Biden won was Covid19 and if it weren't for that Trump would have easily won.

Lilofan

I am completely shocked that Liberals here still think they won the election. Look at the results. The House of Representatives will be made up of 222 Democrats and 213 Republicans. Who won the competitive seats? The Republicans. Now look at the Senate. The Democrats were supposed to gained at least 4 and probably 5 seats. So far they won only one. Likely, Republicans will win both Georgia's seats but even in they only win 1, they will control the Senate.

Republican's won everywhere on Election day with the exception of the Presidency and so as many here keep pointing out, it has nothing to do with policies, only that Trump is a fool, something I have said all along but that his policies were better than the Democrats. Anyway, I would hope that even the biggest Trump haters, looking at the facts, would realise the only reason Biden won was Covid19 and if it weren't for that Trump would have easily won.
Before the Republicans start celebrating let's see the results of the GA runoff elections on Jan 5. Warnock and Osloff won more of the popular vote so let's see if there is a stronger than ever GA African American vote on 1/5. President elect Biden is coming to visit GA in the future. If both Democratic candidates win, there will be a lot of crying Republicans out there.

And on GREAT news, Wall Street is reacting to a Biden presidency, vaccines coming in the future and breaking today the 30,000 point barrier for the first time in history! Trump was dead wrong when he forecasted the Dow Jones would collapse if he LOST, which he did. Anyone invested in the markets, 401K and it's a happy day!

Last edited:

Archie123

I do love your “spin” on things. Crazy but entertaining. Dems have the WH, control of the House and possibly the Senate as well. And I guess we will never know if Trump would have won a second term. Maybe if he didn’t screw ip so badly with his Covid response we would have known. Oh well...President Biden will most definitely do much better than his predecessor because ya know...he actually believes in science.

Lilofan

I do love your “spin” on things. Crazy but entertaining. Dems have the WH, control of the House and possibly the Senate as well. And I guess we will never know if Trump would have won a second term. Maybe if he didn’t screw ip so badly with his Covid response we would have known. Oh well...President Biden will most definitely do much better than his predecessor because ya know...he actually believes in science.
Agreed. Trump's disastrous covid response, him being so foolish to grant Bob Woodward famous for Watergate, the recorded interviews that would spell Trump's doom for re-election, suggesting injecting bleach and claiming later damage control as being "sarcastic" , among other things.

ParkerLoLs

The President lost. Don't worry, you'll have a few VERY POWERFUL news networks and a base of tens of millions not to mention a VERY POWERFUL former President Trump who will keep the fight going for the un-Christian "Christian" right. Don't be shocked and clutch your pearls, the hate spewing isn't ending anytime soon. You'll get to keep your hate going. Hell, you got the Supreme Court. My only question is, when abortion is no longer legal, what will be the next thing you go after?

Archie123

Agreed. Trump's disastrous covid response, him being so foolish to grant Bob Woodward famous for Watergate, the recorded interviews that would spell Trump's doom for re-election, suggesting injecting bleach and claiming later damage control as being "sarcastic" , among other things.

Trump was the architect of his own defeat. Presidents don’t get to choose whether they want a world crisis or not. They get to decide how we respond to it as a country and his response was lying and ultimately ignoring it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom