2020 Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliza61nyc

Keep going, Lindsey.

A little off topic

So I've been around for a minute or two & in my lifetime these are some of the times we are supposedly "changing the country".

1) Communist scare. anyone besides me remember the bomb drills where you had to hide under the wooden desk? lol, like that was going to save your keister in a nuclear attack.
2) Civil rights movement. I remember a women asking my mom why Blacks needed to vote, that we were out to destroy the country.
3) free love counter culture. this one had folks really flipping out.
4) women's rights
5) gay rights

Personally I wish I had a couple of hundred bucks every time some one uttered this dire warning, I could move into that swanky community outside of wdw, forgot the name.

It's amassing how the US keeps chugging along in spite of all the dire warnings.

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
Advertisement
A little off topic

So I've been around for a minute or two & in my lifetime these are some of the times we are supposedly "changing the country".

1) Communist scare. anyone besides me remember the bomb drills where you had to hide under the wooden desk? lol, like that was going to save your keister in a nuclear attack.
2) Civil rights movement. I remember a women asking my mom why Blacks needed to vote, that we were out to destroy the country.
3) free love counter culture. this one had folks really flipping out.
4) women's rights
5) gay rights

Personally I wish I had a couple of hundred bucks every time some one uttered this dire warning, I could move into that swanky community outside of wdw, forgot the name.

It's amassing how the US keeps chugging along in spite of all the dire warnings.

CELEBRATION.....and that is what I am doing, at least in my mind.....:p
1606219893847.png
1606227340221.png

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

What's so interesting about this read @LittleBuford is the woman Candy admits that she gets most of her 'news" from facebook even in the face of the BBC giving her proof.

It's a cult and just like Jim Jones, scientology, Qanon or Move ( a local religious cult in Philly), they aren't interested in facts or any thing else. their leader has spoken and they will go down with the ship.

Archie123

Election is over minus a few temper tantrums so this thread should be over

Well Trump hasn’t conceded, there are multiple lawsuits still active, and recounts are still happening so the election isn’t technically over yet. I mean it is over but One Term Trump and his court jester, The Amazing Rudy, still are persistent like no other.

Archie123

Trump supporters:

If Barack Obama had summoned Michigan election officials to the White House after Trump apparently won the 2016 election, what would you have said at the time? Be honest.

What did you say when Trump did it?

You can’t play that game with them. They have different standards then most Democrats as they don’t care how they win just as long as they do. Most dems actually care about the person and their morals rather than the party as a whole. The good news is that Trump lost and now we can have a president who will take his job with the seriousness and dignity that is required by someone sitting in the Oval Office.

Heppenheimer

What's so interesting about this read @LittleBuford is the woman Candy admits that she gets most of her 'news" from facebook even in the face of the BBC giving her proof.

It's a cult and just like Jim Jones, scientology, Qanon or Move ( a local religious cult in Philly), they aren't interested in facts or any thing else. their leader has spoken and they will go down with the ship.
MOVE still exists? I thought they basically broke up after Wilson Goode firebombed their headquarters in west Philadelphia.

eliza61nyc

MOVE still exists? I thought they basically broke up after Wilson Goode firebombed their headquarters in west Philadelphia.
Yep, although not as strong, every once in a while Romona Africa will pop up. She now says she's an "actress" :rolleyes: She basically goes around North Philly talking move, the bombing and trying to "recruit".

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
Opinion | Trump’s dam finally breaks. But we cannot go through this again. - The Washington Post

I agree, we now need to implement something to prevent this lag from happening in future.....:bored:

"Unfortunately, every day lost to the delayed ascertainment was a missed opportunity for the outgoing administration to help President-elect Joe Biden prepare to meet our country’s greatest challenges. The good news is that the president-elect and his team are the most prepared and best equipped of any incoming administration in recent memory.” The statement continued: "Moving forward, we must pursue statutory remedies to ensure that a transition is never again upheld for arbitrary or political purposes. A clearer standard and a low bar for triggering access to transition resources are crucial to protecting the apolitical nature of presidential transitions.”

Nubs70

Opinion | Trump’s dam finally breaks. But we cannot go through this again. - The Washington Post

I agree, we now need to implement something to prevent this lag from happening in future.....:bored:

"Unfortunately, every day lost to the delayed ascertainment was a missed opportunity for the outgoing administration to help President-elect Joe Biden prepare to meet our country’s greatest challenges. The good news is that the president-elect and his team are the most prepared and best equipped of any incoming administration in recent memory.” The statement continued: "Moving forward, we must pursue statutory remedies to ensure that a transition is never again upheld for arbitrary or political purposes. A clearer standard and a low bar for triggering access to transition resources are crucial to protecting the apolitical nature of presidential transitions.”
Who defines arbitrary or political??

The process worked in 2000 and again in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom