2020 Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinnmac000

Haines previously held top national security positions in the Obama administration. She served as deputy director of the CIA in 2013, the first woman to hold the position, and later served as Obama’s principal deputy national security adviser. From 2007 to 2008, she was deputy chief counsel to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee where Biden was chair. If confirmed, Haines will be the highest-ranking woman to serve in the intelligence community.
------------------------------------
Mayorkas, a Cuban American whose family fled the Fidel Castro-led revolution, served as deputy DHS secretary from 2013 to 2016. He’s also a former U.S. attorney in California and was director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services under the Obama administration.

“When I was very young, the United States provided my family and me a place of refuge. Now, I have been nominated to be the DHS Secretary and oversee the protection of all Americans and those who flee persecution in search of a better life for themselves and their loved ones,” Mayorkas tweeted Monday.

If Mayorkas is confirmed, he will be the first Latino to head the department charged with managing the country’s immigration policies.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Linda Thomas-Greenfield, a Black woman, to become U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations. She’s currently part of Biden’s transition team and is a longtime diplomat. She was a foreign service officer in administrations dating back to President Reagan.

Club34

mkt

Maleante Izquierdozo
Im old enough to remember how the left treated McCain and Romney, so the argument that its only "far right" nut jobs, is false. Specifically considering how beloved both have been by the dems the last few years.

So am I.

To be fair, I had nothing against McCain until he took Palin on as his running mate.

And I just don't like Romney after his background with Bain.

mkt

Maleante Izquierdozo
So can you describe for me what far-right means to you? What beliefs do you think the far-right have?

To me? When you go past normal conservatism (small government, fiscal responsibility - which the GOP has ignored for decades), and go into the realm of nationalism, nativism, and divisive rhetoric in which the division line are your own citizens.

aw14

So am I.

To be fair, I had nothing against McCain until he took Palin on as his running mate.

And I just don't like Romney after his background with Bain.
This proves the point. It’s not “far right nut jobs”. It’s basically anyone with an R next to their name

mkt

Maleante Izquierdozo
This proves the point. It’s not “far right nut jobs”. It’s basically anyone with an R next to their name
My hatred of Trump was the only reason I voted for Hillary in 2016.

Had it been literally anyone other than Trump or Ted Cruz, I'd likely have voted Republican.

Same for this year. Had it been almost any other republican vs Biden, I'd likely have voted GOP.

eliza61nyc

My hatred of Trump was the only reason I voted for Hillary in 2016.

Had it been literally anyone other than Trump or Ted Cruz, I'd likely have voted Republican.

Same for this year. Had it been almost any other republican vs Biden, I'd likely have voted GOP.
and that's what our system has boiled down to, it's not so much for voting for a great candidate but more of voting against an impossible horrible one..
so sad. we need a new system

mkt

Maleante Izquierdozo
Lobby your state for open primaries. I already live in a state with open primaries, and it is awesome. Absolutely love it.

The problem with Florida is that they'll attempt to hide something in in. They had a ballot measure last election which was sold as "open primaries", but once you read it, it was actually jungle primaries.

Had that been the case in 2018, we'd only have had two republican options for governors. One Rick Scott approved and one Donald Trump approved, but both trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom