2020 Election Thread

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
As we are now in the final days of the 2020 Election, thought it would be prudent to start an election thread to talk about the election! This is not designed to be a post-all for Trump/Biden conversations, but to focus in on the coverage of the election itself such as:
  • Polling
  • Early Voting
  • Electoral College
  • Demographics
  • Senate/House Races

I would like the all-encompassing political thread to be more focused on the general news of the day, memes, and other discussions while this one focuses more on the election.

Thus far, 61.2 million Americans have voted thus far, accounting for 44% of the vote in 2016.

1603734613847.png

And here are some of today's polling:

1603734657971.png

Texas polling is all over the place. I have no idea what to make of it.

ImperfectPixie

Add one to the "voted early" tally! Dropped off my ballot this afternoon and was somewhat surprised to see a line around 30-40 feet long for early in-person voting!

Driving through multiple more-populated neighborhoods today, saw 3 Biden/Harris signs, ZERO Trump signs, and a whole slew of local candidate signs.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That's encouraging to see this level of voting participation, so far.

It really is. The unknown is are we heading to record turnout not seen in 100 years or are we going to see little voting on Election Day. We will find out soon

Isn't everything political about the election right now? What's left for the other thread if you move that over here?

We are seeing record turnouts in early voting. We have Supreme Court cases about voting/ballots about to happen. We have polling. This is not a bash Biden/Trump thread. This is about voting and what’s going on at the polling locations.

Add one to the "voted early" tally! Dropped off my ballot this afternoon and was somewhat surprised to see a line around 30-40 feet long for early in-person voting!

Driving through multiple more-populated neighborhoods today, saw 3 Biden/Harris signs, ZERO Trump signs, and a whole slew of local candidate signs.

I had this conversation earlier today. It’s odd how fervent Trump supporters are about their candidate but that’s not equating in dollars. It’s odd how ‘meh’ people are about Biden and yet he’s breaking records. You’re seeing loud support in places like California and then you see AZ will probably turn blue. This election is hurting my head.

Mailed my ballot in as well

Nice! Harder to do that here in TX but went out to vote this past Friday.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I believe that's a national poll. on 538, if there's no state in the left most column, it means nationwide GE. I think...

Thanks! I think you're right now that I look at it. I had taken it to mean those were all of the polls done for TX. That makes much more sense because polling was all over the place.

Gomer

Premium Member
Thanks! I think you're right now that I look at it. I had taken it to mean those were all of the polls done for TX. That makes much more sense because polling was all over the place.
Yeah, I love 538's content. But they need some serious design work. Their forecasts and polling are sometimes not the easiest to read.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
NBC has moved Texas to toss-up.

@Laketravis - I know you don't trust polls, but what would you think if Texas went blue?

kong1802

@Laketravis - I know you don't trust polls, but what would you think if Texas went blue?

I don't think there is anyway Biden wins Texas.

They had my hopes up that Beto could win it. I'll never forgive them, lol

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I don't think there is anyway Biden wins Texas.

They had my hopes up that Beto could win it. I'll never forgive them, lol
I don't think so either and I live here. It is damn impressive though the turnout we are seeing and the polling.

Beto was close. But it takes time. Beto was what made people start believing something could be done. Texas is a historically low-turnout state.

kong1802

I don't think so either and I live here. It is damn impressive though the turnout we are seeing and the polling.

Beto was close. But it takes time. Beto was what made people start believing something could be done. Texas is a historically low-turnout state.

I'd love to see it, don't get me wrong.

I just have my doubts. Maybe I've become too cynical.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'd love to see it, don't get me wrong.

I just have my doubts. Maybe I've become too cynical.

When you have people attacking the institution itself, and doing everything they can to dismantle it, I understand why people are cynical.

I don't think Biden wins Texas. I need to put together some numbers though, because it's going to end up being a very close race.

Laketravis

I live in the middle of a blueberry patch. And it's been growing more blueberries every year.

What would I think if Texas went blue? All of these Ausfornians that moved here from California may think about moving somewhere else because, wow, all of a sudden Texas has become what they moved here to get away from.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I live in the middle of a blueberry patch. And it's been growing more blueberries every year.

What would I think if Texas went blue? All of these Ausfornians that moved here from California may think about moving somewhere else because, wow, all of a sudden Texas has become what they moved here to get away from.

I loooooooove Austin. Would move there in a heartbeat. Move there faster if you would take me out on your boat. Seriously been looking down there because there are so many jobs I get peppered with everyday that I would be interested in (Sony, Nintendo, EA, etc.) and it's the nicest part of Texas.

I don't think those who moved to Austin to get away from 'liberal' politics would move nearly as fast as you think (and plus, the state government would still be 'red'. That's never going to change). The attraction is the cheaper house prices and COL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom