• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

2020 Candidates, Debates, Caucuses, and Primaries

Disney Analyst

Advertisement
Yes, James K Polk did. I am curious if Trump decides to run again. I believe he will, but one never knows

He must be so tired of it... go back to running your businesses poorly, sitting on gold toilets, and ignoring your wife. Win win for him and America, and quite frankly the Republican Party.

aw14

He must be so tired of it... go back to running your businesses poorly, sitting on gold toilets, and ignoring your wife. Win win for him and America, and quite frankly the Republican Party.
seems awfully wealthy for bad businesses. :greedy:

Disney Analyst

seems awfully wealthy for bad businesses. :greedy:

I mean money does not mean that they are necessarily run well... and lest we forget he hasn’t paid and scammed hundreds if not thousands of people.

I don’t think anyone can argue his businesses are kind of scummy.

Willmark

Back to the dem side if Kamala Harris is any indication the amount of purity tests a candidate is going to have to pass to get through the Democrat primaries is going to be near impossible. She’s getting raked over the coals for her time as a DA. Plus she really can’t point out Trump bring a d-bag about cheating on his wives when she’s got the Willie Brown past to deal with.

Sure someone will get nominated but with a field this big? Bernie only supporters who opted for Stein or left their votes blank are what did her in. Can you imagine the 2-5 candidates that make it to the near end and their supporters?

Then there is always the Possibility with this many candidates that no one gets a majority of the delegates in the primary.

EricsBiscuit

Has there ever been a President who chose to have only one term? Maybe Trump will be sick of it by then and the republicans can have a new candidate? :eek: Someone who isn’t on twitter as much?
Yes, James K Polk did. I am curious if Trump decides to run again. I believe he will, but one never knows
Let's not forget Silent Cal chose not to run for reelection despite winning a landslide in '24.

aw14

I agree with your point about Hillary, but I feel as though Bernie would do better this time around. The only other person I think would be a real threat to him in the primaries would be Joe Biden. It will definitely be interesting to watch.

I supported Bernie in 2016 and ultimately voted for Hillary. As much as I liked Bernie's ideas in 2016, I'm not convinced that I would support him this time around because of his age and my views are a bit different now. It would be tempting to vote for him if he won the nomination so I have a lot of thinking to do once everybody that wants to run has announced their candidacy. I'm not even sure I'm going to vote for a Democrat because I'm kind of closer to the middle now. I'm all over the place with this so I hope I can come to a conclusion at some point lol.
I appreciate your candor. It is interesting how as we age our opinions change frequently. I was far more to the left as I was younger. Now, at 42, I am more center right. My father always warned me that would happen. 😉

Willmark

I agree with your point about Hillary, but I feel as though Bernie would do better this time around. The only other person I think would be a real threat to him in the primaries would be Joe Biden. It will definitely be interesting to watch.

I supported Bernie in 2016 and ultimately voted for Hillary. As much as I liked Bernie's ideas in 2016, I'm not convinced that I would support him this time around because of his age and my views are a bit different now. It would be tempting to vote for him if he won the nomination so I have a lot of thinking to do once everybody that wants to run has announced their candidacy. I'm not even sure I'm going to vote for a Democrat because I'm kind of closer to the middle now. I'm all over the place with this so I hope I can come to a conclusion at some point lol.
I remain unconvinced that Bernie plays well to anywhere other than the coasts.

Disney Analyst

I don’t think we need to go from Trump, an extreme example of the right imo, to someone like Bernie who I see as an extreme left guy. We need to have someone from either party who is more in the middle, always. Alas I don’t think that will ever happen in America

Ugh. More centred politics is what everyone needs 😭

EricsBiscuit

I appreciate your candor. It is interesting how as we age our opinions change frequently. I was far more to the left as I was younger. Now, at 42, I am more center right. My father always warned me that would happen. 😉
Agreed. I was more of a moderate Republican but now I'm more libertarian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom