• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

2020 Candidates, Debates, Caucuses, and Primaries

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Having too many choices can create problems:

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/27/your-money/27shortcuts.html

Some research shows that when presented with too many choices, people often choose poorly. They might choose something - or someone- that stands out from the others, even if it is not in their best interest.
Starting the debates so early might weed some candidates out quicker than the 2016 Republican primaries. If candidates are consistently polling in the 2-5% range this year, they’ll probably drop out before the ballots are printed for New Hampshire (I still don’t really understand how the Iowa caucus works).

draybook

Advertisement
Booker, Harris and Warren? They better bring more heat than that to challenge the Republicans.

The Mom

Premium Member
Starting the debates so early might weed some candidates out quicker than the 2016 Republican primaries. If candidates are consistently polling in the 2-5% range this year, they’ll probably drop out before the ballots are printed for New Hampshire (I still don’t really understand how the Iowa caucus works).

I certainly hope so.

Jimmy Thick

Don't matter who the other candidate is Trump will win like it or not. The people who bash him are the same ones voting for him behind the curtain.

I won't be voting at all so I can criticize either way.

Willmark

Kirsten Gillibrand just announced last night she’s putting together an exploratory committee.
1547608425698.png

AEfx

I’ll be in for that when the time comes.

I can’t wait for the first debates it’s going to be glorious to watch the tomfoolery!

(Yes I went old school for that word).

It is going to be true popcorn time TV.

This will be the first set of large scale democratic debates in many years. There are going to be a dozen or more candidates on that stage.

They are going to fall all over themselves virtue signaling, which will be entertaining enough - but it will also force them to actually tell us what policies they are for and against, and will start to highlight just how fractured the party really is.

TRUMP IS EVIL! will only take them so far.

Disney Analyst

Has there ever been a President who chose to have only one term? Maybe Trump will be sick of it by then and the republicans can have a new candidate? :eek: Someone who isn’t on twitter as much?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom