2019 Walt Disney Company Meeting of Shareholders

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
The majority of Disney Studios films (the live action branch) fail to turn a profit in the theatrical window. But the two NT movies did. It's a wonder why they didn't try to extend this franchise when it's in the small minority of Disney movies that did well.
Nah, have live action Bambi instead.

Surferboy567

Hey guys...I was sarcastic about the whole 'Song of the South" I know what it is I've watched it...this made me think though their is a generation of ppl who really don't know what it is.

“Song of the South” is the film the story and characters of Splash Mountain come from. It has a very complicated history because of the film and the source material’s treatment of the post slavery south. The film has not been made available in the US since the early 80’s, but was available abroad as recently as the DVD era.
Some reading
It is so easy to find bootleg copies online, I know I saw it on YouTube once, it may still even be there. They should just release it and put a disclaimer in front of it if they feel too many people would be upset.

SSE

Hey guys...I was sarcastic about the whole 'Song of the South" I know what it is I've watched it...this made me think though their is a generation of ppl who really don't know what it is.

I saw your post as being sarcastic, I wasn't trying to argue with your post, sorry if it appeared that way. I was just trying to say I think it should be released and Disney should put a disclaimer if they really think people will be that offended by it, which wasn't directed at you.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wasn't able to listen, what was agenda item #5?

My apologies, it was #4...

5 Shareholder Agenda Items...

1. New board members voting-in.

2. Ratification of Price Waterhouse as their accountants.

3. Advisory vote on exec compensation proposal.

4. Shareholder proposal: Sr. Barbara Jennings... WRT comprehensive report on lobbying expenditures (politicals and industry groups). Disney is a member of trade organizations, and those organizations are into climate denial and anti-employee activities. This proposal doesn't stop lobbying and memberships, but, just to be transparent. Disney Board is against this.

5. Shareholder proposal: St. Janet ??... WRT cyber security and data privacy. These concerns should be considered for all senior executive compensation, not just those execs in charge of cyber. Disney Board is against this.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Coming to you from gorgeous St. Louis, Missouri (insert Walt Disney personal connection reference here), the 2019 Walt Disney Company meeting of shareholders!

The live stream will begin at 10AM Central Standard Time, 11AM EST or 16:00 GMT, at this link.

The 2019 Shareholder Proxy Statement

(A young Walt Disney moved to Kansas City with his Family at age 10. Elias purchased a Kansas City Star paper route, which Walt and his brothers worked on. He would see the 1916 silent film adaptation of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves” at the Kansas City Convention Hall, which inspired him to make “Snow White” as his full-length animated feature film.)
I remember getting the fox licensing signature, but I never got this invitation. What gives?

britain

I gotta believe that even though the question was about WDW's Tomorrowland, Iger must have answered with DL in mind. I mean, WDW is already getting revised as we speak! DL is the one that needs it desperately.

Notes from Neverland

I gotta believe that even though the question was about WDW's Tomorrowland, Iger must have answered with DL in mind. I mean, WDW is already getting revised as we speak! DL is the one that needs it desperately.

Officially, the TRON coaster is the only change coming to WDW's Tomorrowland. More changes aesthetically and to attractions (something for Stitch, overhaul of the theme of the Speedway) would make a lot of sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom