2019 NCAA Football Thread - College Gameday is Live from Mainstreet Train Station!!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I just went back and double checked the schedules in case I missed something. Nope. Alabama has the weakest schedule of the top 5.

Exciting times though.. now they’ll eat each other alive. I don’t want to be too overconfident about November. I need my Bucks to win against Penn State.

I love college football. Strange rankings and all..
One more Wisconsin loss = Texas A&M....then you have only Cincy to hand your hat

One more thing-

To the Ohio State haters here.. maybe now you’ll pay attention to them. You might just be impressed. :)
Haters abound for Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State.......Let PSU or LSU win one and see hate return.....they've both shown flashes of late, but always fizzle.....can either finally beat their rival this year?

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I definitely think Clemson should round out the top 4, in 4th. Their schedule is weaker than LSU OSU & PSU, but they have a played a couple of tougher opponents than Alabama has.

Alabama has a good offense. I want to see how that plays out when they play a team with a strong defense, and a strong offense.
People always see Bama's offense and overlook Bama's suspect defense........that will be what kills Bama. Clemson showed the big play with doom the Tide.........Redzone defense gives Bama has a shot

21stamps

One more Wisconsin loss = Texas A&M....then you have Cincy to hand your hat

Haters abound for Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State.......Let PSU or LSU win one and see hate return.....they've both shown flashes of late, but always fizzle.....can either finally beat their rival this year?

I need Wisconsin and Cincinnati to win out.lol

I don’t know if it’s a side effect of being a Bengals fan, or that even OSU has let me down the past few years... but I do not think that we have a lock on the PSU game, even though we should. I’m not negative, just not overly confident.

I think LSU will win their match for sure.

21stamps

People always see Bama's offense and overlook Bama's suspect defense........that will be what kills Bama. Clemson showed the big play with doom the Tide.........Redzone defense gives Bama has a shot

Who are the top ranked defense teams right now? I haven’t checked.
I don’t think Alabama has faced anyone with a defense capable of combatting their offense, but that’s because they don’t have the schedule to do so.. they will soon though I would think.

Wisconsin has obviously fallen out of the top.

Captain Barbossa

Intial CFP is out; here are the tams with a shot to make the final:
1) OSU
2) LSU
3) Bama
4) PSU
5) Clemson
6) Georgia
7) Oregon
8) Utah
9) Oklahoma
12) Baylor
17) Minnesota

Keep in mind it was to create drama
85A8309C-C06D-4D25-B160-B6738DA75E78.jpeg
2F044B69-63EC-41BD-8EEE-80C2CA72842F.png

(yawn)

Win out and we’re in. Couldn’t be any more simple.

Tony Perkis

Fairly safe rankings.

1-3 make sense. I would have had LSU at 1, given they’ve looked better against a significantly better schedule, but whatever.

Putting Penn State at 4 makes sense. The Big 10 will solve itself, because either one or none are coming out of that conference unscathed. And whoever loses the head-to-head gives Clemson the easy way back in. And if no undefeated team comes out of that conference, they’re effectively out of the CFP running, since that conference is largely trash. And whoever loses the head-to-head gives Clemson the easy way back in.

The important question is whether Alabama loses vs. LSU without Tua. It will give them an easy argument (while complete nonsense) that their loss doesn’t matter. And under no circumstance should a one-loss team that doesn’t even play in their conference championship be given the nod to play over another one-loss conference champion.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
That should never matter. If they’re trash, they’re trash
Agreed...you're making my point for me as LSU benefited from scheduling Texas, and Texas is trash.....

And Oregon benefited from scheduling, and losing to a now 2-loss Auburn.....and Auburn could easily end up with 4 losses (Georgia and Bama loom)

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Fairly safe rankings.

1-3 make sense. I would have had LSU at 1, given they’ve looked better against a significantly better schedule, but whatever.

Putting Penn State at 4 makes sense. The Big 10 will solve itself, because either one or none are coming out of that conference unscathed. And whoever loses the head-to-head gives Clemson the easy way back in. And if no undefeated team comes out of that conference, they’re effectively out of the CFP running, since that conference is largely trash. And whoever loses the head-to-head gives Clemson the easy way back in.

The important question is whether Alabama loses vs. LSU without Tua. It will give them an easy argument (while complete nonsense) that their loss doesn’t matter. And under no circumstance should a one-loss team that doesn’t even play in their conference championship be given the nod to play over another one-loss conference champion.
So who would get the 4th slot?

1-3 seems obvious with Clemson, SEC Champ, and B1G Champ.

Sp #4? You'd take 21-1 Pac 12 Champ Oregon over 1 Loss LSU, Bama, PSU or Ohio State?

Tony Perkis

Agreed...you're making my point for me as LSU benefited from scheduling Texas, and Texas is trash.....

And Oregon benefited from scheduling, and losing to a now 2-loss Auburn.....and Auburn could easily end up with 4 losses (Georgia and Bama loom)
LSU is getting the benefit of the doubt due to wins vs. 2 top 15 teams, compared to the relatively weak schedules of the teams around them. I don’t believe their win over Texas factored much into their #2 ranking.

Tony Perkis

So who would get the 4th slot?

1-3 seems obvious with Clemson, SEC Champ, and B1G Champ.

Sp #4? You'd take 21-1 Pac 12 Champ Oregon over 1 Loss LSU, Bama, PSU or Ohio State?
Clemson
SEC Champ
B1G Champ

If the final decision comes down to a 1 loss PAC 12 champ, a 1 loss Oklahoma Big 12 Champ, or a second SEC team (which we know just means Alabama), I’d think logic would dictate the B12 champ, but the committee will overrule that and reward Bama yet again.

21stamps

Georgia and Ohio State to play in 2030.

I love it. Sounds like forever from now.. but I felt the same when the Notre Dame games were announced, and they’re almost here.

21stamps

Alabama is favored at around 75% over LSU.

Ohio State is favored 80% to win against Penn State.

Whew. I’m not placing any bets just yet.

Captain Barbossa

Good game last Saturday against Wofford. Trevor and the offense got off to a fast start and played very well. Etienne had a very good game and broke the school record for all-time rushing TDs. Defense also played well and was able to force some turnovers. Wofford ended up running a lot more of the triple option than I expected, and I’m not going to lie, we didn’t do our best at defending it. But, we still played well defensively. Overall, good game and a good win.

Should be a good one tomorrow night in Raleigh. I don’t care what NC State’s record is, night games in Carter-Finley always make me nervous. The last 2 games there have been high scoring shootouts. Hopefully the offense can get off to another fast start and the defense can shutdown the Wolfpack early. We just need to stay focused and take care of business and hopefully the Textile Bowl trophy will remain in Clemson.

Also, we have a chance to clinch the Atlantic tomorrow if Wake falls to VT. Will be keeping an eye on that game.

21stamps

Btw, I’m mildly freaking out over Chase Young.. waiting impatiently to find out how many games he will miss. We need him for PSU and Michigan, for sure.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I see Alabama took a page out of the Patriots playbook by playing a team actually worth playing this season and losing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom