2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Ally financial announced they resigned a contract with Hendrick Motorsport with them being on the car through 2023. The catch is the new contract means nothing for Jimmie Johnson based on what I read. The nature of this sponsor contract is for just in case if Jimmie retires and makes sure the sponsor will not leave the team.

At later date, Jimmie Johnson will make an announcement on his future. All I know is Jimmie's contract runs through 2020. That announcement would be Jimmie signing a new contract with Hendrick, Race in 2020, or retire.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Smithfield and Aric Almirola are back with Stewart-Haas in 2020.

There is no new information Clint Bower yet outside of it being likely of him being back.

Daniel Suarez at Stewart-Haas really depends on finalizing a deal with Sponsorship based on what I read. If a deal is not reached with Suarez, Cole Custer will be in the 41 car in 2020.

wdwfan4ver

I read some ugly news for Talladega in terms of the Chevy meeting during the rain delay. Jim Campbell (vice president of performance and motorsports for Chevrolet) called the racing “choppy,” and at one point Chevy was three-wide for the lead. He reiterated he wants one single file line of Chevys. The source is Mary Snyder.

For those who don't know Jim Campbell. He is the same guy who wrecked the pace car at the Detroit race at Indycar.

That basically means Jim does not care about the drivers, teams, and sponsors of the chevy teams at all, all he cares about is Chevy winning the race. Based on Jim's actions, he does not care about race fans either. I thought NASCAR has rule against what Jim Campbell wants. After Spingate at Richmond, NASCAR created a 100 percent rule to prevent such behavior that Jim Campbell wants.

NASCAR also has fined people for detrimental to NASCAR before and what Jim Campbell is hurting NASCAR. What Jim Campbell wants is basically fixing/tampering a NASCAR race.

I am also given the impression that Jim Campbell is going to give consequences to drivers that don't follow his orders.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

My own take on Jim Campbell's actions is I've followed Auto Racing since the 1980s in CART. I've followed National Hot Rod Associations aka drag Racing series, NASCAR, and Indy car. I've seen F1 races before. I've heard car manufacturers trying to fix races at Daytona and Talladega before.

What Jim Campbell wants is basically team orders and I've seen it before in F1 and really has no place in auto racing in my opinion.

If I were in charge of NASCAR, I would have some special rules in case for bullcrap like Jim Campbell is pulling. If any team, or car manufacturer is having "secret meetings" to fix NASCAR races, you get very heavy fine. The reason I do this is the fact one of the major things that sells NASCAR to fans is the product itself on the race track and secret meeting hurts the product on the race track.

What I mean by a heavy fine is GM or any car manufacturer would be fined 5 million dollars for trying to fix a race and get 200 manufacturer points taken away from each private meeting they do for fixing NASCAR races including at Daytona and Talladega.

The fact is fixing NASCAR races robs fans of seeing drivers give all their effort to a race and out of anything, it turns off fans of NASCAR.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Didnt Ford "fix" one of the superspeedway races in the past. I seem to remember one manufacturer in a line at the front for the entire race ?

wdwfan4ver

Didnt Ford "fix" one of the superspeedway races in the past. I seem to remember one manufacturer in a line at the front for the entire race ?
I believe so. I remembered it being mentioned on air while I happened. I was not a fan of it either.

The good news is the fix that Chevy tried to pull backfired due to the amount of crashes today.

wdwfan4ver

I have a bit of JTG Daugherty Racing information concerning the 37 car. During the weekend, JTG Daugherty Racing was looking at Daniel Hemric, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Ross Chastain.

I think Ross is no longer a driver JTG Daugherty Racing is looking at for next season because it was announced to today that Ross will be racing for Kaulig Racing in the Xfinity series full time next season.

I am mentioning this because NASCAR forces drivers to decide what series that race for points in aka Trucks, Xfinity series, or cup and I am sure JTG Daugherty Racing wants a driver that could be eligible for the cup series chase.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR closed merger with ISC with it costing NASCAR 2 billion Dollars. ISC actually was founded by the France france and this was done as a way to privatize the company. What this does is changes to all three national touring schedules without having to answer to public shareholders or Wall Street. What this also does is the France Family got 2 billion dollars

The tracks ISC owns is Daytona, Talladega, Chicagoland, Kansas, Michigan, Homestead, Richmond, Martinsville, Phoenix, Darlington, Watkins Glen, and California Speedway. What I can you is the people that are running NASCAR prior are basically are the same people running the company after this merger.

wdwfan4ver

Matt Tiftf will not be racing on Sunday and Matt Crafton will be replacing him.

Matt Tifft before the first practice on Saturday had some type of a medical problem that he needed a stretcher was sent to a hospital in Martinsville. What is known that he was released from the hospital and was sent home. The hospital did evaluation and medical tests on him. Front Row Racing did not say the medical problem.

I do know Matt Tifft in 2016 had surgery for a brain tumor, but that is all of his medical past. Hopefully what happened today is nothing related to that tumor he had removed in 2016.

wdwfan4ver

Haven't been following NASCAR too often this season. But Denny Hamlin certainly seems to be having a good season with his 5th first place win (at Kansas over the weekend).
Denny to me is having his best season ever. Denny had more wins in 2010, but has a career high in top 5's already this year with 17.

My reasoning is Denny since he cut down on his speeding penalties and it resulted in more wins. Denny had a little bit of a down year last season. In 2016 and 2017, Denny had 2 straight seasons of 22 10's in a season, but had too many pit road mistakes that may have affected his win totals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom