2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

I did not see Monaco. I did see all the Indy 500, but how I did was not ideal. There was stuff that I suppose to help dad with outside, but his bad knees really were acting up so bad that he can't do anything outside despite the weather.

The Indy 500 was very good race. The Coca cola 600 was a good race.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I found out that something Dale Jr's health on Twitter. Dale Jr claimed the other day that he found out that he had Costochondritis after complaining about really bad chest pains. Costochondritis is inflammation of the ribs and sternum.

Apparently Dale Jr. got broken ribs and sternum at some point his racing career without knowing it and he think it came from one of his wrecks. I'm guessing he didn't know because he suffered a concussion. Dale Jr. did have a good amount of concussions in his NASCAR career.

What I do know is NASCAR did not have a race with safer barriers before the 2002 Brickyard 400. NASCAR did not install the safer barrier for all their tracks till around 2005. The other thing is NASCAR did not have a safer after Dale Sr.'s death before some 2007 season races. This does raise the question of even about his cup racing career in terms of how much did injuries and concussions affected his career. I know concussions did affect him in 2002 with that Auto club wreck.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I found out that something Dale Jr's health on Twitter. Dale Jr claimed the other day that he found out that he had Costochondritis after complaining about really bad chest pains. Costochondritis is inflammation of the ribs and sternum.

Apparently Dale Jr. got broken ribs and sternum at some point his racing career without knowing it and he think it came from one of his wrecks. I'm guessing he didn't know because he suffered a concussion. Dale Jr. did have a good amount of concussions in his NASCAR career.

What I do know is NASCAR did not have a race with safer barriers before the 2002 Brickyard 400. NASCAR did not install the safer barrier for all their tracks till around 2005. The other thing is NASCAR did not have a safer after Dale Sr.'s death before some 2007 season races. This does raise the question of even about his cup racing career in terms of how much did injuries and concussions affected his career. I know concussions did affect him in 2002 with that Auto club wreck.

Well, glad to hear his diagnosis wasn't worse. Costochondritis mimics heart attack symptoms. I had Costochondritis about 10 years ago, so I know. It eventually went away on it's own. (I did consult with a doctor at the time--wasn't going to "chance" or "wait and see" with those types of symptoms.) Hope Dale will feel better soon.

wdwfan4ver

I did read some very important information on the financial status for Chip Ganassi Racing what DC Solar shutdown caused.

Kurt Busch and Kyle Larson had some of their money deferred to be paid later on as a result of the DC Solar Shutdown. While Chip was able have sponsors step up, I'm Guessing the money is not as strong as Chip had although Kurt bringing Monster has helped. I think it is safe to safe Chip needed the 1 million dollars Kyle Larson won at the all star race.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

There is an update on Former NASCAR CEO Brian France concerning his court case. Brian France plead guilty to DUI last week. What is happening is Brian gets 100 days of community service and has to complete an alcohol education course before June 5, 2020. If Brian does those two things, prosecutors will allow him to withdraw his guilty plea and reduce the charge to a traffic violation.

wdwfan4ver

Big new came out. Nationwide Insurance is leaving Hendrick Motorsports after this season by using an early out clause in contract due through several significant changes to its business .

It sounds like they are not going to another team. Nationwide is still going to do some racing hospitality for NASCAR.

Last edited:

artvandelay

Big new came out. Nationwide Insurance is leaving Hendrick Motorsports after this season by using an early out clause in contract due through several significant changes to its business .

It sounds like they are not going to another team. Nationwide is still going to do some racing hospitality for NASCAR.
I’m trying to remember the last good news that came out of NASCAR, and I can’t.

I am looking forward to Sonoma. It’s one of my favorite races of the year.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I read some information about the 2020 Fox Booth. According to the Foxsports Ceo, Darrell Waltrip is not getting replaced. That means NASCAR races for Fox will have a 2 man booth.

That's interesting. Budget decision to not have 3 in the booth anymore? As it is, it's hard to follow what network has the races on, for any particular week, since they're on so many different channels now.

Due to this, I'm half wondering (probably wrong, just my opinion) that maybe Fox isn't going to shell out the money for a 3rd person, if not many of the races will be on that network.

wdwfan4ver

I got some good for the Charlotte Roval race from a racing standpoint. Charlotte Motor speedway announced the Chicane layout at its widest point will be 54 feet instead of 32 feet for hopes of more passing. There also will be more additional runoffs.

They also announced the Xfinity series race at the Roval will have 67 laps instead of 55 laps.

wdwfan4ver

There is interesting news. Christopher Bell has signed a new contract with Joe Gibbs Racing for 2020. It is unknown if its for Cup series or Xfinity series. I feel Christopher Bell is ready for the cup series, but has Toyota does not have enough cup seats open with NASCAR only allowing organizations to have up to 4 teams

The only options for the cup series for Christopher Bell is Joe Gibbs Racing and Leavine Family Racing. Leavine Family Racing does get equipment from Joe Gibbs Racing. They are a single car and that means a possible 2 car or Matt Dibenedetto gets replaced by Bell.

If there is a driving getting the boot from JGR, I'm guessing Erik Jones since his contract is up after this season.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
images(9).jpg

wdwfan4ver

Well earned win.

Great race after the rain, lightning, and very high winds left the racetrack. Alex was due for this win based on his 3 straight 2nd place finishes earlier this year.

This win also came at a great time since his sponsor Nationwide is leaving after this season. I hope this wins attracts someone to sponsor him next season.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced changes in laps for the 3 stages for Coke Zero Sugar 400. The 1st stage is now 50 laps instead of 40 laps. The 2nd stage would be 50 laps instead of 40 laps. The final stage would be 60 laps instead of 80 laps. NASCAR's site said they did that because they want less of a chance of the Coke Zero Sugar 400 to be fuel mileage race.

wdwfan4ver

Justin Haley's win is really up there with fluke wins for NASCAR. The thing is every team on the lead lap knew there was a chance that the race was not going to restart. The 77 team took a gamble and it paid off. Gambles like the 77 team did is part of racing and I have no problem with it.

I am sure Kurt Busch is not happy since they when they were given the one lap to restart sign when he pitted, only to see NASCAR waved it off due to lightning.

Florida is known for Lightning and having the race delayed multiples by lightning is not a shock.

I do think this is going to alter the 77 car's fate in the future. The 77 team is brand new operation this year and I'm sure this win means something money wise and they are now able to be in next year's all star race. I'm waiting to see how Spire Motorsports handles next year since this year has Spire Motorsports using multiple drivers to race the entire season.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Since the cup season is partly done now. I'm now doing a take on the teams and some stuff as a result.

I'm starting with Spire Motorsports. Things are going like I thought for this new organization. There are growing pains for this organization, but I have to tip my hat to the crew chief for taking a gamble at Daytona. I don't expect a lot of highlights in the 2nd have of the season season since they have old equipment and plate racing is their best hope. This team at this point has a lot to do for building up the organization. I think this organization needs to decide on a driver after this season that they can build on instead of doing driver by committee.

I'm now going into my thoughts on Stewart-Haas. This organization is weaker this year and Daniel Suarez is step down from Kurt Busch. It is more than behind the wheel that Stewart-Haas is missing. Kurt is always been a great talent, but his information is up there like his younger brother. Teammates have depended on Kurt's information in the past. I do think they are not as good with the new Ford as Penske. Right now I think Clint or Daniel Suarez is not going to make the chase with a chance of neither making it. Part of the problem with Stewart-Haas not having a win is Kevin Harvick at times is strong, but something happens. Kevin's pit crew at times is extremely bad like not able to do a 2 tire pit stop properly.

I'm finishing this post off Richard Childress Racing. Austin Dillon to me is a stop done from what they were doing later in the year last season. Austin to me has the problem is qualifying way better than where he finishes. Daniel Hemric is finishing better than he did early in the year. I'm waiting to see how he is for the 2nd half of the season. I don't expect either driver to make the chase since Daytona was their best hope.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I'm doing more organizations now.

Roush Fenway Racing - Stenhouse does not have a good chance for making the chase. Ryan Newman has a shot making the chase due to the 2 Stewart-Haas cars. Ryan is having a steady season. Roush is a little better this year than last year and that is caused by Newman being an upgrade from Bayne. The only reason Newman has a shot is due to Larson being worse this year, Clint Bowyer is doing worse, and Daniel Suarez is extremely streaky.

Penske Racing - Team has more speed this year than last year as a whole. The entire organization should make the chase. The only concern is Ryan Blaney has problems closing the deal for winning races. The thing to watch is if this organization peaked too soon.

Wood Brothers - Paul Menard is doing what I expect out of him with him going to miss the chase.

Star Com Racing - they are doing what I expect. Too bad they pit at Daytona. Star Com needed that win since Derrike Cope wants to improve the organization.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Joe Gibbs Racing - 3 of the 4 drivers are in the chase. Kyle Busch is having typical season out of him. Martin Truex Jr. has warmed up and is already won 4 races. Denny is having a very solid season. If Erik Jones misses the chase, it is due to not being very bad at getting stage points. Jones races better than he starts and is streaky. The only concern is this organization might have peak too soon and I think that will be answered later in on the season. Jones to me is only the hot seat since his contract is up with JGR resigning Christopher Bell.

Front Row Racing - David Ragan and Michael Micheal Mcdowell are qualifying slightly better, but are not doing as well on the track. Matt Tift as not doing well as his teammates. Tift is a rookie, but the fact he qualifies much worse than his teammates by 7 or 8 spot on average per race. I don't know how much of that is caused by him being a rookie, or the talent level of him. I said talent level because Tift underachieved in JGR's xfinity program and he had way less top 5's last year then his RCR Xfinity series teammate Daniel Hemric did also.

Go Fas Racing - don't expect this team to make the chase. Corey Lajoie with the 32 car is very similar to what Matt DiBenedetto did for the team. Corey is a capable driver for this underfunded team and the organization is on a pace to have its best average finish ever.

Richard Petty Motorsports - This team is struggling extremely bad and I am sure they don't have the best budget best on the nature of their sponsors.

Germain Racing - Team really has improved. The thing is they do get equipment from RCR and Chevy in general is better this year than last year. I wouldn't be shocked if they could pull off a 1 or 2 more top 10s.

wdwfan4ver

Premium Motorsports - They are doing like people expect, but I wouldn't be shocked if Ross Chastain gets a better ride next year.

JTG Daugherty Racing - this organization is missing aj Allmendinger in the 47 car with the rule changes. There are races this year that the rule pack did work like it did for the 2018 all star race and I'm under the impression that Allmendinger would've been better than Preece. The problem with the 47 car is Ryan Preece is a rookie driver with not a lot of experience in stock cars outside of his 55 Xfinity series races before this season. Ryan's background is in racing modifies and I expect him to get better the 2nd time to some of the tracks . Chris Buescher is improving this season.

Chip Ganassi Racing - The organization to me has one car better than last season, but the other team declined. Kurt Busch is an upgrade over Jamie Mcmurray. Kyle Larson to me is hurt by this years rule package and had a rough stretch earlier this year. What I'm waiting to see is if this year is Kurt's last season as a cup driver and I'm waiting to see how this plays out.

Hendrick Motorsports - This organization really did start out slow to me and seemed to be more of 2018 in the beginning of the season. They are getting stronger. I'm waiting to see how this organization is going to be going into the chase.

I like William Byron's qualifying this year, but he does need to improve on finishing races in the top 5 that are not Daytona or Talladega. Alex Bowman really started out slow out of the gate, but he is doing better than I expected going into the season. Jimmie Johnson to me is not the Jimmie Johnson from the 2005 to 2015 time frame. He is good to enough to get a top 10. Chase Elliott to me is solid this year.

Leavine Family Racing - they had some bad luck early in the year like the wreck at Daytona and needing a new Battery at Phoenix while in the top 10. The question mark to me is the 2 top 10's too late for saving Matt Dibenedetto's job considering JGR did extended Christopher Bell's contract a year with it being an unknown if it is for a cup ride. I'm waiting to see how this team plays out for the 2nd half of the year. This race team does not have the money for a 2nd cup.

Rick Ware Racing - They are an organization with a driver by committee with 2 teams. I am not surprised how they are doing and I expect them to struggle in the 2nd half of the year.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom