2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

This going to be final predictions on organizations post. I'm only focusing on full time teams

Rick Ware Racing
This is an underfunded race organization running 2 full time times in the 51 and 52. Expectations should be very low. The team bought equipment from Leavine Family Racing and Front Row Motorsports.

The drivers are B.J. Mcleod and Cody Ware. Don't expect either team to make into the top 30 of owner's points. A good accomplishment is finishing a race in the top 20.

wdwfan4ver

The truck race last night was a demolition derby. It was tough to watch.
It was a demolition derby, but the Xfinity series race was worse. It was a parade around the race track that drivers really didn't try to pass for the lead by going to the bottom. The drivers were points racing. If a driver tried to go down to the bottom, other drivers would not draft with that driver at all. From my view, it looked like most of the teams didn't even try to race.

Current NASCAR CEO Jim France even basically said that the Xfinity series race at Daytona was terrible. It sounded like he was at the Daytona 500 driver's meeting and basically told the drivers to race aka not just being single file for all the race.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Final 10, and 21-car pileup . . .:jawdrop:

I've seen a number of Daytona 500 races, and it seems like all heck usually breaks loose in the final 10-20 laps.

Who could have predicted the outcome in this race with so much going on?

Thank goodness all drivers are o.k. Congratulations to Denny for his win in the # 11.

wdwfan4ver

I don't think you can get a good reading after this race in terms of the race package. I think Atlanta has the oldest surface or very close to it for the tracks the cup series go to.

The other thing is this package is down in horsepower, but it does not have the areo ducts that Vegas has.

What I got out of Atlanta is the cars are very aerodynamic sensitive based on fast cars get penalties, but has problems passing cars. What Atlanta race had to me was a great ending, and great restarts, but didn't see much a difference with the the package. The only difference during a run I saw not having a driver's trackbar actually made it difficult to hold the lead for an entire run.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I was only able to watch the 1st stage. Not a good day for any of the Hendrick cars.
Agree.

The odd thing is Chip Ganassi Racing and JTG-Daugherty Racing is using the same engines and cars as Hendrick. At the time Ryan Preece made a mistake, he was running the top 10 at Atlanta. Those 2 organizations did run good at Atlanta.

What I know is Hendrick was off on 1.5 mile tracks last year. Chase had a fluke win at Kansas last year. I can't make any conclusions though since the package for Vegas is different than Atlanta and Atlanta's surface is very worn out also.

I think Las Vegas is going to tell us more about Hendrick because the surface is newer and rule package at Atlanta did not have the areo ducts that Las Vegas is going to have. For rest of the season, we are dealing three packages.

Atlanta's rule package is the same one that going to be used at the 2 Pocono races, Darlington, and Homestead.

The Las Vegas Rules Package for the cars is the first of 16 cup points races for the season.

The third rule package is for 14 races this year that has 200 horsepower more than 22 cup points races will have this year. Those 14 races for short tracks, road courses and 1 mile tracks including New Hampshire.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Jimmie Johnson looked very slow. Did not finish on the lead lap.
I agree with Jimmie looking very slow. It is very early in the season, I really don't want comment. The rule package at Atlanta is not going to be used again till June.

Jimmie Johnson was very fast at the Las Vegas test on January 31st and February 1st. If he struggles at the next 5 races, there really needs to be a big concern since those races are dealing two different types of rule packages including the old 750 horsepower engines for Phoenix and Martinsville.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

After the test session, I was expecting/hoping for at least a top 10 finish. Started off good, but began to fade away after stage 2. Congrats to Joey on the win. He and Keselowski provided some good entertainment on the final lap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom