2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Ryan Newman announced that he will not be returning to RCR new year, but will be racing in cup full time. He didn't announce what team yet.

patch553

reports saying kurt has signed with ganassi for 2019, not confirmed but I think its prob a good move,whats the chances of newman going back to stewart hass?

wdwfan4ver

reports saying kurt has signed with ganassi for 2019, not confirmed but I think its prob a good move,whats the chances of newman going back to stewart hass?
Not that high. I read that Gene Haas said no driver sticked out. Gene did mention he talked to Daniel Suarez. I think Roush is courting Newman due to Kenseth not wanting to do a full time cup season.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Daniel Hemeric is the leader to get the 95 and the 31 rides. I don't know what the backup drivers drivers for the rides. I don't know Ty could get the 31 car since he's in a contract with the 13 car. The 95 car is a unknown if Daniel Suarez somehow lands the 41 car. I think Regan Smith and Matt DiBenedetto for the 95 if Daniel Suarez gets the 41 car.

There is finally a slight amount of information concerning Brian France. He plead not guilty to charges of aggravated driving while intoxicated and misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance. The next day in Court is October 5th. He is facing up to a year on each charge.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

JTG-Daugherty announce AJ allmendinger will not be back next year. People are expecting Ryan Preece to be the replacement.

There is big news in the Xfinity series. Truck Series driver Noah Gragson has signed for Jr. Motorsports for 2 years with him taking Elliott Sadler's Ride. This is a big deal because I though he's one of Toyota's development driver and Trevor Bayne was one of the names thrown around for this ride. I don't know what happens to Bayne now.

This also could mean Noah could be the potential replacement of Jimmie Johnson. Jimmie's contract is up after 2020.

If Preece goes to the 47 cup car, I don't know how is going to race the 18 car in the Xfinity series next year. The truth is Todd Gilliland is not ready for the Xfinity series and really lacks experience on 1.5 mile tracks and restrictor plate tracks. Todd is 18 years old and didn't race all the races in trucks this year due to him being 17 years old before May 15th. NASCAR does not allow drivers under the age of 18 to race at all ovals over a mile in the truck series.

wdwfan4ver

Two cup team announcements today.

The first one is Ryan Preece is replacing Aj Allmendinger next year. JTG-Daugherty also will be using Hendrick Engines next year.

The 2nd announcement is Daniel Hermic going to 31 car next year.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I read reports of Daniel Suarez going to Stewart-Haas, but nothing official yet. What I know is RCR and Stewart-Haas were after Daniel Suarez, but RCR pulled out. What happened is the funding for Suarez was unclear for RCR and RCR decided promote Hemeric within the organization as a result.

I don't know what is happening with the 95 car driver standpoint. What I do know is Toyota wants a team to replace Furniture Row Racing and that points to the 95 car.

wdwfan4ver

There is road course information. Sonoma next year is going back to its classic Carousel layout for NASCAR races. Sonoma uses the Carousel for Indycar races, but didn't use that part of the track since 1998 for NASCAR.

NASCAR did a change to the roval. Turn 12 wall is now angled off. NASCAR made the change since it would cause more room for drivers exiting the backstretch chicane. That wall on 12 before was at a bad spot that I seen plenty of wrecks yesterday.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I read that the pace car actually span out during practice at the roval.

Wait a moment . . . did you say the pace car spun out?! :jawdrop: My knowledge of racing is limited, but don't the pace cars always go much slower (intentionally) than the actual racing cars? They guide the racers around the track for a few laps to hold them back, and then drive off once the race is ready to start. So how did the pace car spin out?

wdwfan4ver

Wait a moment . . . did you say the pace car spun out?! :jawdrop: My knowledge of racing is limited, but don't the pace cars always go much slower (intentionally) than the actual racing cars? They guide the racers around the track for a few laps to hold them back, and then drive off once the race is ready to start. So how did the pace car spin out?
Pace cars are supposed to go slower than actually race cars. What happened was since Brett Bodine didn't have any race experience or pace car experience on the Charlotte roval, he needed practice of driving the pace for the Xfinity race early today. Youtube didn't the entire video of it, but it looks like Brett made a driver error.

Brett Bodine is NASCAR's Pace car driver and was a NASCAR driver in the 1980s, 1990s and early 2000. He was a journeyman driver on the cup level. The lucky thing for Brett Bodine is he didn't hit the wall with the pace car.

I said Pace Cars are supposed to go slower than race cars because there was a pace car wreck on Detroit street course in Indy Cars early this year. The pace car wrecked before taking the green due to driver of pace car was driving faster than race car:jawdrop::facepalm:.

wdwfan4ver

Here a youtube video of what happened to the pace car at Detroit:

The driver of that pace car in Detroit actually is the EVP of Product Development at GM the time he wrecked the pace car:jawdrop:. I'm pretty sure GM wasn't thrilled with him wrecking as a pace car driver before the official start of the race since he wrecked a GM brand pace car.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

That was a wild final segment of the race.

I did predict Jimmie was going to be out of the playoffs, but not like this. 2 out of the 3 cup chases races were wild in this round. Las Vegas was extremely wild with extremely hot weather that good year couldn't make good tires. I didn't expect Ryan Blaney to win at the Charlotte Roval due to his track record on road courses and he only had 34th and a 11th place finish in the first 2. What happened to Ryan was he took advantage of all the spins and wrecks front of him.

Austin Dillon was done in by his road course finishes. Austin never had a top 15 Road course finish and Dillon's problems today didn't surprise me.

I was surprised that Erik Jones and Denny Hamlin didn't do better than they did in this round. I was off on Bowman and Almirola for not being likely to make it out of the 1st round.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Talladega is the wild card. Dover and Kansas are the other 2 races.

I don't see Bowman making out of this round. Hendrick is not strong at 1.5 mile tracks this season. Bowman is weaker than Chase Elliott is out of hendrick. It is not going to be easy for Chase to get out round 2 despite the 9 team being stronger than 8 time due to Kansas and it is uncertain about Talladega. Talladega is a crap shot and drivers need to be stronger than getting 10th place at 1.5 mile track to the next round.

Aric Almirola is the weakest of the Stewart-Haas drivers I see him being out after the 2nd unless he wins talladega.

Ryan Blaney is 50/50 for making it out of this round. While Ryan won the roval by inheriting the lead, you don't know what to get out of him one week to the next. What I mean by that is he's been uneven in performance.

I like Kyle Larson's odds in this round unlike Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney. While Kyle Larson is not strong at Talladega, he's the only Chevy that can get a top 5 at 1.5 mile track. Dover also is a very good track for Kyle Larson due to his past history there in the cup series with 7 top 10s and 4 top 5's in 9 starts.

wdwfan4ver

Clint Bower to me is a 50/50 due to he doesn't have a great track record for Kansas and that is important due Talladega happening the week prior. Clint is a 2 time Talladega winner, but the last time Clint had a top 5 there was the fall 2014 race there.

I really don't know about Kurt Busch and a 50/50 chance making it out of this round. Kurt has the best record at Talladega without a cup win there, but I am bit concern about the 41 team. Before the Charlotte roval, Kurt's first two finishes in the first round was a 21st and a 18th. I don't know if the silly season taking about Kurt leaving the team is affecting them.

Brad Keslowski or Joey Logano is going to win Talladega. Both of them are going to the 3rd round.

I am not concerned with Truex, Harvick, Kyle Bush in this round.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom