2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Big rumor in the cup series. There is a rumor going on that the seller of Furniture Racing working on a deal to sell his team to Gallagher Motor Sports. This rumor has Truex jr .staying with the 78 car with Allegiant Airlines as a sponsor. This would make sense because Barney Visser is going to 70 years old and suffered a heart attack near the end of last year.

I don't know how this would affect the driver search for the 41 car. The only thing with the 41 car is while Cole Custer is a Candidate, I am going by what Stewart said last year. He wanted to see more out of Cole before giving him a full time ride.

Custer this year is having a very good year, but I don't if he wants him to win races. I don't know who Stewart would after for th 41 if Truex stays with the 78 team and if Cole Custer isn't picked. The biggest names for Stewart would be AJ Allmendinger?, Jamie Mcmurray, and if Chris Buescher is going to be replaced in the 37 car. I'm under the impression Mcmurray isn't going to be back next year for Chip with Kurt taking his place.

Last edited:

patch553

lataest rumour has gragson to take sadlers ride in the xfinity series ? I have mixed feelings on this, yes he has a huge amount of talent but if the rumours of Bayne possibly going there I think he could be more of an instant success

MinnieM123

Premium Member
what do y-all think bout furniture row news? what next for Martin ?

I was reading an article about this (ESPN). Always knew there was big money involved to keep a team running in the big leagues, but wow, I was stunned.

As for Martin, I'll bet another team will pick him up for 2019 I don't think his career is even close to ending at this point in time. I wish him well.

patch553

soooo much change,rumours yes but lots of them have martin and cole pearn to the 19, now feeling for suarez, he may end up in the 95 with gibbs affiliation? now kahnes gonna miss indy maybe more and di benidetto leaving his ride:banghead:

wdwfan4ver

what do y-all think bout furniture row news? what next for Martin ?
I am not a bit surprised about furniture Row. I remembered reading a few years ago that one of the teams got around 30 million dollars worth of sponsorship and the owner is going to be 70 years old.

Team owners getting out of NASCAR after winning a cup championship isn't new, but the reason behind this is different. This is caused by JGR being Jealous of Truex won a cup championship.

I am calling this different because Furniture Row for many years ran the team without Sponsorship money, but is forced out due to Joe Gibbs Racing not wanting to offer technical support to Furniture Row Racing after this year. There had been rumors over a month that JGR was going to cut ties with Furniture Row Racing for technical support. There also was hints that JGR was raising costs to Furniture Row for Technical support and Furniture Row doesn't have the Sponsors for keeping the technical support after 5 hour Energy leaves after this year.

wdwfan4ver

It is confirmed that Jamie Mcmurray is not returning to Chip Ganassi Racing full time as driver next year and it was announced by Chip Ganassi himself. Chip is offering him a deal for the Daytona 500 and a Management role in the organization. I'm guessing Kurt Busch is taking that ride like Rumors mentioned

wdwfan4ver

Here is my take on the chase for the first round. The only concern I have is hurricane Florance for Richmond. While NASCAR wouldn't have race in Richmond before next week Friday for the Xfinity race, we don't know the nature of the damage yet since it is expected to hit landfall in Central Virginia on Friday

If Richmond's date is move, it would be after the homestead race. It would have a on Thanksgiving weekend if NASCAR makes Richmond a nighttime race on Thanksgiving weekend with the average temperature being in the 40s at nights.

I think the first round of Las Vegas, Richmond, and Charlotte roval would be interesting. Charlotte Roval is a huge wild card since it is part road course and the cup drivers experience on the roval is only by testing. Las Vegas is going to interesting since it is predicated to be 100 degrees outside on race day and that means a hot, slick surface that handling is going to play a huge role like Chicagoland was.

Here is my thoughts from drivers that NASCAR ranked 16 to 13 in the first round of the chase.

Jimmie Johnson - The 48 team is on the decline and may not even make it out of this round. Hendrick is not exactly strong on 1.5 mile tracks this year as a whole. Charlotte Roval could hurt his odds since he is not know for his road course abilities and the roval is part road course.

Alex Bowman - He might be out in this round. Alex's problem is he only has 2 top 5's this year and that is a concern going into the chase although he has 9 top 10s. I don't have a good reading on him for Richmond since he did well in the non Richmond races before the chase. Roval is a wildcard for him since he could do a top 10 or a top 15 .

Aric Almirola - he really is a big threat not making it out of the first round. Aric has been slipping lately with only 1 top 10 in the last 6 races. I don't know what to expect out of him at Charlotte Roval.

Denny Hamlin - he is going to make it out of the first round. Denny did good at Chicagoland in extremely hot weather with a top 10 and that will help him here. Denny did win at Watkin's Glen and he could be one of the dark horses for the Charlotte Roval and he's always one of the favorites for Richmond.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I am doing from drivers from the chase from 12th to 9th in points going into the chase.

Kyle Larson - He is going to make it out of this round. I expect to finish in points higher than 12 when the season ends. I like him for Richmond and Las Vegas. Las Vegas is going to be 100 degrees on race day and that is playing into one of Kyle Larson's strengths as a driver. He did extremely well at Chicagoland as a hot, slick, track.

Austin Dillon - he is not going to make out this round. He's only in the chase due to his Daytona 500 and his teammate Ryan Newman has more top 10's than he does. While Austin does have as many top 10's this year as he did all of last year, his team will need to be very aggressive in the chase.

Austin is a bad road course driver and having a Roval in the chase isn't going to help him. Austin Dillon never finished higher than 16th on a road course in his cup career.

Erik Jones - I like him going into the chase with 9 top 10's in 11 races. I think he has very good odds for making it into the chase. The only concern as the roval although he finished in the top 10 in both road courses this year.

Ryan Blaney - he should make it past the first round. Ryan shows more pure speed than his two teammates at Penske, but he does not close the deal. I live Ryan for Vegas and Richmond. The concern is at the Charlotte roval due him only having 2 top 10 finishes in 6 road course in the cup series. What makes that stat a concern is he didn't get a top this year that track at Penske.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I'm doing cup drivers 8th through 5th in points.

Chase Elliott - I like him at Richmond and at the Charlotte Roval and should make it out of this round. Hendrick hasn't gotten their act together on a 1.5 mile track this year and that concerns me about Las Vegas. Chase was great at Sonoma and a win at Watkin's Glen means he's one of the favorites at the Charlotte Roval.

Joey Logano -He is going to make it out this round despite not having pure speed as Ryan Blaney. The only concern is the roval due to Ryan not getting a top 15 this year on a road course.

Kurt Busch - I like him this round. My concern with is distractions with it looking like he's going to leave Stewart-Haas after this year and only having 4 top 5's this year going into the chase. Kurt has 8 straight top 10s. He has no weakness as a driver in this round with him being very steady.

Clint Bowyer - I like him in this round. I usually don't of Clint as a top 5 finisher at 1.5 mile tracks, but he did at Chicagoland. Chiagoland was extremely hot and that is good for him for Las Vegas. Clint is a nice short track driver and is a dark horse at the Charlotte Roval.

wdwfan4ver

I'm doing 4 to 1 going in the chase.

Brad Keselowski - Brad won the last 2 races, but the only way he could is by strategy in this round. He's going to make it past this round. The problem with Brad's wins is the fact it is at tracks that aren't similar to any tracks in the chase.

Martin Truex Jr. - He's very likely to be past this round due to possible win at Charlotte Roval. The concern with him is going to be future rounds and how his teammate going to handle being gone after this year ends. My concern this round for Truex is the fact the 78 team only has 1 top 10 in the last 6 races going into the chase.

Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch - they are going make the first 3 rounds for sure due to amount of bonus points. They are favorites for the first two races in the chase. The Charlotte roval is a wild card although Kevin and Kyle did good this year on road courses.

wdwfan4ver

Kasey Kahne is out for the next 3 races with Regan Smith as the replacement.

Information came out that Kasey was having problems in races medically before the Darlington race. Kasey has been having problems the last 2 years medically concerning severe dehydration issues and actually has problems finishes races before the Darlington race.

patch553

I kinda agree with most of your chase picks, obviously the big 3 are all but confirmed, brad is hitting form at the right time but I have a feeling chase could make homestead;)

wdwfan4ver

I kinda agree with most of your chase picks, obviously the big 3 are all but confirmed, brad is hitting form at the right time but I have a feeling chase could make homestead;)
I didn't do my picks for the whole chase, but for round 1 only.

I don't know about final 4 for Brad. While Brad won at Darlington and Indy, he didn't have the fastest car. Brad and his crew chief did a great call at indy by where they last pit compare to Hamlin and the crash Jeffery Earnhardt was in clinched it for him.

Darlington was due to faster pit stop than Larson after Jeffrey Earnhardt brought out caught.

I like Brad through the first 2 rounds. Brad having Talladega in the 2nd round is huge for him. Him and Logano are the favorites for Talladega next round. Brad and Joey combined won 6 of the last 8 Talladega races.

wdwfan4ver

There are rumors about Ryan Newman. He is either staying at RCR or going to the 6 ride at Roush for next year. What is happening is the 31 car needs sponsorship outside Caterpillar next year and Newman is a free agent after this year.

Caterpillar wants Newman to stay at RCR, but they only sponsor 25 percent of all the cup races. Roush is in better shape for sponsors for the 6 next year.

wdwfan4ver

Nascar announced Daniel Suarez's team loses 10 driver points and 10 owner's points for failing cup inspection 4 times :jawdrop:. All I know is they failed 4 times for Parts Failing to Meet Specification. I don't know how the 19 team pulled that one off 4 times. I understand trying to push the envelope, but to not that extent with Brickyard 400 being their only chance for making the chase.

patch553

There are rumors about Ryan Newman. He is either staying at RCR or going to the 6 ride at Roush for next year. What is happening is the 31 car needs sponsorship outside Caterpillar next year and Newman is a free agent after this year.

Caterpillar wants Newman to stay at RCR, but they only sponsor 25 percent of all the cup races. Roush is in better shape for sponsors for the 6 next year.
I guess grainger isn't committed to them then? whilst I don't see newman to the 6 a good move for newman it would prob be a great opportunity for maybe Hemric in the 31? but if the ride is available surely RCR would be trying to get kurt and monster onboard? as for the 6 and roush theres issues throughout the organisation id heard whispers mcmurray but maybe bringing buescher back would a better option

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom