2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

There is rumors going around that JTG Daugherty could be looking at getting one or two new drivers next year. Names being thrown around are Ryan Preece and Daniel Hamric.
JTG Daugherty has Chris Buescher under contract through 2019 and AJ Almindinger through 2020.

I think the drivers are scape goats here. The problem JTG Daugherty became less competitive after they became a 2 car team in 2017. The 47 team in 2016 had a career high as an organization in top 10s that year as a single car team with 9 top 10s.

The performance issue is due to the new Chevy car and what JTG Daugherty did during the offseason after last year along with spreading resources too thin. You can see the problem with the road race cars JTG Daugherty has.

JTG Daugherty made the mistake of getting HMS bodies, but continue using RCR engines. RCR engines for years were not the best Chevy engine at all and they need HMS engines. Out of anything they need to keep the two drivers Since NASCAR could be having more restrictor plate races next year depending on what is agreed up and who is running NASCAR.

As far as the two names being thrown around. Ryan Preece is a good Xfinity driver that has the problem of being with an organization with too many development drivers although there is question marks with him. I think JTG Daugherty is the best Pierce can get. The question mark with Preece is we don't know if JGR made him better than he is. JGR in the Xfinity series is notorious for cheating and they have multiple wins through the years that they flunked post race inspection no matter who the driver is.

I don't understand Daniel Hamric unless RCR would be borrowing him to there or they don't have plans of being a 3 car team again in cup.
What I can say about Daniel Hamic is he would be a bad fit for JTG Daugherty. JTG Daugherty has the problem spreading their resources and Daniel is an old school points racing driver that doesn't go for wins. Points Racing in mid pack equipment isn't going to get Daniel into the cup chase. Hamic also not the driver RCR needs on the cup level since there is an equipment issue there including the engines.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Rumors are starting with Fernando Alonso being interest in trying NASCAR in the future with it coming from online. While Alonso is retired from Formula 1, I really don't see him try NASCAR right now and if he every does, it would be a road course. The rumors I've read about and hear about him since earlier this year involves him going to Indy Car.

patch553

I've read rumors that Trevor Bayne would be the driver taking Elliott Sadler's ride. If it happens, I don't know if Matt Kenseth would be racing the 6 car full time next year.
id heard that too with advocare sticking with Trevor,whilst I think its a good move for Trevor I wonder how much One Main leaving has played its role in making Sadlers decision?

wdwfan4ver

id heard that too with advocare sticking with Trevor,whilst I think its a good move for Trevor I wonder how much One Main leaving has played its role in making Sadlers decision?
I think it had something to do with it. I do feel the wrong driver for DEI is leaving though. To me, Michael Annett needs to go, but Jr Motorsports resigned him due to him having a sponsor. Michael was bad last year compared to his teammates, but he's extremely bad this year with him not having a single top 10.

Michael Annett is one of the poster boys for what is wrong in NASCAR today. Michael only is at Jr Motorsports due to sponsor, not on performance. Annett hasn't been any good in NASCAR in a while. It seemed like the dislocated and fractured his sternum he had from his 2013 Daytona race in the what was the Nationwide series did something to him as a driver.

wdwfan4ver

I really can't answer what happening with the 95. In the past, there were rumors about Christopher Bell going to the 95 car. There is a catch Bob Packress claims Christopher Bell announced he will race for the Xfinity Series championship in 2019. Nate Ryan on the other head claims Bell is being coy and is the favorite for the 95 ride.

wdwfan4ver

Wow. Now Treux to the 41?
That does seem to be the leading rumor now, since the 78 car has sponsor problems for next year with the rumor of Toyota and Joe Gibbs racing not supporting them next year.

The catch with Truex is it seems like his crew chief Cole Pearn could be going with him. Based on what I've read online, a bunch of race teams want Cole Pearn as a crew chief based on what he did with the 78 car.

If Pearn goes to Stewart-Haas with Truex, Stewart-Haas is going to be even harder to beat.

wdwfan4ver

if bass pro go with him?
if that does happen,doesnt it make sense for gibbs to "loan" Bell to the 78?
In theory yes, but likely no. The problem is I read online that the 78 car JGR support contract ends after this year and explains why the 95 is moving to Toyota. Out of anything Bell could be getting some races in the 95. The rumor going around is 95 getting support from JGR.

At this point, Christopher Bell said he will be contending for the 2019 xfinity series championship. The catch is William Byron did something similar and ended up in cup.

patch553

That does seem to be the leading rumor now, since the 78 car has sponsor problems for next year with the rumor of Toyota and Joe Gibbs racing not supporting them next year.

The catch with Truex is it seems like his crew chief Cole Pearn could be going with him. Based on what I've read online, a bunch of race teams want Cole Pearn as a crew chief based on what he did with the 78 car.

If Pearn goes to Stewart-Haas with Truex, Stewart-Haas is going to be even harder to beat.[/QUOTE
yh theyd be the power house in the garage, one concern tho will be the change to the mustang looking at how the chevys have struggled this year it could be a stumbling block

patch553

In theory yes, but likely no. The problem is I read online that the 78 car JGR support contract ends after this year and explains why the 95 is moving to Toyota. Out of anything Bell could be getting some races in the 95. The rumor going around is 95 getting support from JGR.

At this point, Christopher Bell said he will be contending for the 2019 xfinity series championship. The catch is William Byron did something similar and ended up in cup.
personally I think its a wiser move to stay for another season in the xfinity but should he win the title this year I think itll be hard to keep him there v

wdwfan4ver

I expect Austin Dillon's team to get a penalty sometime next week.

Austin Dillon's car flunked Pre-race Inspection 3 times and is know starting last:jawdrop:.

I don't know what would motivate a cup team to really push the envelope on a race track that is not as areo sensitive as some of the tracks in the cup series.

wdwfan4ver

Front Row Motorsports has most of BK Racing assets with them spending . What Front Row got is most of the assets and a charter with 2.08 million dollars.

Obaika Racing is getting secondary assets at $265,000 dollars. I'm guessing they are going to start a cup team since they do race in lower nascar series.

Rick Ware Racing gets a Tractor Trailer for $35,000.

GMS was outbid by Front Row Motorsports.

Former BK racing owner Ron Devine tried to get all his old equipment back, but didn't have enough cash. Devine shouldn't be allowed to bid because he caused BK racing problems a first place like not paying drivers, and creditors.

All I know is the Trustees are disappointed in the money they got.

wdwfan4ver

There is huge news for the Xfinity series next year and I think it is very possible we may not see Brad Keslowski, and other cup regulars in that series next year.

What is happening is NASCAR announced owners can't get playoff points in the Xfinity series for each race a cup driver runs. The other thing announced is a cup driver winning an xfinity race means that race can't have an owner automatically be in the owner's championship chase.

This is a big deal since NASCAR basically wants Gibbs, Penke and Childress to use Non cup driver if they want to run for the Xfinity owner's championship.

The truck series has the same rules, but I think Kyle Busch is the only cup driver that runs that series outside of the dirt track race.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom