2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

I did not see most of the Xfinity series race, but Tyler Reddick won the race and the championship. What happened with the Xfinity series is they had a great final 4 of driver compare to the truck series mess.

The Xfinity series had a final 4 that 3 of them will be cup rookies next year.

wdwfan4ver

My thought on the final NASCAR race of the season is this race was won by the crew that made the less mistakes between the 3 Gibbs teams. Kyle had a great final race. Denny's crew screwed up with the amount of tape they used with Denny being forced to pit an extra time under green due to car overheating with it being 375 degrees for water temperature:jawdrop:. Denny's car was getting better the later it was outside.

I though Martin Truex Jr. had a great car, but they had an off race at the worst time. What I'm referring to is the pit crew putting the left side tires on the right side of the care and the right side tires on the left side of the car:facepalm:. To top it off, Cole Pearn for the final pit left Truex out way too long after Kyle Busch pitted and explained why there was big gap at the end of the race between the two cars.

Kevin Harvick just didn't have the car for Homestead. He had a very good short run car, but there was not enough short runs today.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My thought on the final NASCAR race of the season is this race was won by the crew that made the less mistakes between the 3 Gibbs teams. Kyle had a great final race. Denny's crew screwed up with the amount of tape they used with Denny being forced to pit an extra time under green due to car overheating with it being 375 degrees for water temperature:jawdrop:. Denny's car was getting better the later it was outside.

I though Martin Truex Jr. had a great car, but they had an off race at the worst time. What I'm referring to is the pit crew putting the left side tires on the right side of the care and the right side tires on the left side of the car:facepalm:. To top it off, Cole Pearn for the final pit left Truex out way too long after Kyle Busch pitted and explained why there was big gap at the end of the race between the two cars.

Kevin Harvick just didn't have the car for Homestead. He had a very good short run car, but there was not enough short runs today.

Good race. Congrats to Kyle. :)

Now we head to the quiet break until the 500 in February. I know that the drivers and their families enjoy their home life during this time. It's nice that they all get to relax and enjoy Thanksgiving, Christmas (or other observance in December), and then New Year's.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Jimmie Johnson has announced 2020 is his final season in the cup series.

I was wondering how much longer he was going to hang in there. As Mr. Ferret said, I'd like to see him finish strong. Both Happy and Jimmie have been my favorites for a number of years now. After they all retire, I think Denny might be my new favorite. I'm looking forward to next season, to see how things go. :)

wdwfan4ver

I found out from why John Hunter Nemechek is at Front Row Motorsports. GMS racing announced yesterday they are closing down their Xfinity series team. They still have their truck series team and their ARCA series team.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR announced today that heavy fines to Premium Motorsports, Rick Ware Racing and Spire Motorsports for manipulating the results of the Homestead cup race. The 15,27, 52, and 77 teams were fined 50 points each and the teach owners got fined $50,000.

Scott Eggleston, the premium Motorsports competition director got a $25,000 and indefinite suspension. Kenneth Evans, the Competition Direction of Rick Ware Racing got a $25,000 and indefinite suspension.

What is known is NASCAR was asked to investigate this because the 15, 77 & 52 all parked before end, helping the 27 team finish one spot higher than the 96 in owner points. Those 3 teams did that because they wanted the 27 team to get more money at the end of the season. If the 27 team got more owner points than the 96 team, the 27 team was going to get an extra $700,000. The deal was the 96 ran less races than the 27 team, but was doing much better on the race track.

It sounds like the 96 team is the money instead of the 27 team.

What took NASCAR so long for this announcement was NASCAR was reviewing the race data, reviewing the driver and team communications, and interviewing competitors.

wdwfan4ver

StarCom Racing Announced Quin Houff will be racing the 00 car in 2020 and 2021. Star Com did say they have future plans with Landon Cassill despite him not racing the 00 car in 2020.

wdwfan4ver

Go fas Racing announced Cory Lajoie is back in the 32 next year. That is not the only Go Fas Racing news news.

Go Fas racing is getting a new crew chief new year. Randy has left the team. There is rumors of them getting a crew chief from Stewart-Haas.

There is information on the technical alliance Go Fas Racing is getting from Stewart-Haas. They are getting 4 cars from Stewart-Haas Racing. The cars are from 2018 and 2019. One of the 4 cars Go Fas is getting is the car that Kevin Harvick win a 2018 Phoenix Race with.

The only thing I don't know is the engines.

That is much younger than the 4 year old cars that they were getting from Roush and Front Row Motorsports.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Big news came out of Joe Gibbs Racing. Cole Pearn is leaving Joe Gibbs Racing.

Cole Pearn did offer a statement. He wanted to pursue opportunities outside of NASCAR. It sounded like he didn't want to spend time on the road and not able to spend as much time with his kids and family.

New Crew Chief for Truex will be announced at a later date.

wdwfan4ver

There is sad news in the racing world. Bill Simpson died at the age of 79 from a stroke. I heard of him years ago and the last I read about him was creating new American Football Helmet. Bill Simpson was one of the most important people in Auto racing. It is a shame how he was railroaded out of the sport for a year and had to leave the first company he founded. He had to sue NASCAR as a result. He was treated terrible by idiot fans for a time in 2001 also:(.

Bill Simpson was not a NASCAR driver, but he was known throughout motorsports for his safety equipment in different forms of racing. Bill Simpson raced, but mostly in drag racing. A drag racing accident he inwas responsible for him to create his own racing safety equipment company and make improvements in racing safety equipment. He wanted his follow racers to have access to the best safety equipment available to the time. There is no way no to give an exact amount on how many lives he saved to due to his safety equipment.

Bill was the founder of Simpson Performance Products and Impact! Racing.

His equipment has been used in NASCAR, Indycar, Drag Racing, F1 and other leagues and levels of racing including local levels. He had over 200 different types of safety equipment including seatbelts, helmets, racing gloves, Nomex underwear, firesuits, Parachutes for drag racing. A lot of people in different racing series knew Bill Simpson.

RIP to a great safety pioneer.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

What I am referring to with Bill Simpson being railroaded is caused by Dale Earnhardt's Sr. 2001 death at the 2001 Daytona 500. Bill Simpson sued NASCAR in 2003 and was settled out of court.

It is soon to be 19 years ago in February when the 2001 Daytona 500 happened, but Sterling Marlin and Bill Simpson were wrongfully blamed by fans that were doing criminal behavior to booth of them. Sterling and Bill received Death threats back in 2001. The case for Bill was worse for Dale's death. I said idiot fans because after the seat belt issue, people were shooting bullets in the house Bill lived and slashed his vehicles tires.

What happened at the time was NASCAR claimed Dale's Seat Belt was faulty and Bill Simpson was wrongfully blamed. It came out late the amount of G's hit on impact killed Dale and even with no problem with the seat belt according to independent reports.

Bill Simpson claimed the Seat Belt was installed wrong from the tests he did. Simpson was known to test his own products. He was the person who set himself on fire wearing the latest fire protection that drivers wear to prove how good and safe his product is.

I remembered hearing and reading stuff that came out how Dale liked his seat belts installed after he died. I am referring to competitors even knew Dale had his seat belts installed differently than they should be. There were not considered proper at the time even. What was known about the 7 time champ was he had a history of disregarding safety equipment. Dale did not wear full face helmets even going to 2001 despite a major of the drivers did. Dale did not believe in head and neck restraints.

Dale's death had 2 reports with the first from NASCAR and an independent report from Dr. Myers. Dr Myers had an independent report that stated the seat belt had nothing to do with the death due to the impact.

The two reports were different and another independent doctor supported Myers report. NASCAR's report did not have the same report as Dr. Myers and that did hurt Bill Simpson. That explains why Bill simpson sued NASCAR with it later settled out of court.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

New Crew Chief was announced for Martin Truex. James Small is the new Crew Chief. What I know is he only was a crew chief for 3 races in his career. He was the lead Engineer for Martin Truex Jr. for the last couple years.

wdwfan4ver

There is sad news. NASCAR legend Junior Johnson past away at the age of 88. He was known as the last American hero. He was moonshiner turned race car driver.

He was no different than the early NASCAR drivers. A lot of the early NASCAR drivers actually were moonshiners before they turned into race car drivers. They developed their racing skills by outrunning the police officers while delivering the moonshine. Junior Johnson was born into a moonshine family. That meant his parents making and delivering moonshine at the time he was born. His parents started the moonshine business before prohibition ended and continued it even after prohibition ended.

He drove before my time. When I was born, he already was a cup owner.

Junior Johnson was one of the biggest icons in NASCAR History. His body of work speak volumes as a driver and as an owner. He even won races as a crew chief for a time. To top it off, he was the person responsible for representatives of the R.J. Reynolds tobacco company to talk to Bill France Jr. for sponsoring NASCAR.

What I know about about him as a race car driver is he was a hard charger that won 50 races including the 1960 Daytona 500 despite retiring at the age of 35. He was responsible for discovering how to draft at Daytona.

He has the most wins of any cup driver without a cup championship. Junior got those 50 wins as a part time driver. He would have even won more races if he didn't spend 11 months in jail. He served 11 months in jail for the production and distribution of illegal alcohol despite never been caught for transporting moonshine. Junior Johnson did get a pardon from Ronald Reagan.

As Car owner, he won over 130 races and 6 cup championships. He was known for his cheated up race cars, but the inspectors very rarely found anything wrong with cars. The best way to put it is about all the top teams in his era as an owner were cheating also.

RIP to a racing legend.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

It was announced that ISM Raceway is now back being called Phoenix Raceway. What happened was Phoenix Raceway and ISM connect decided to end ISM Connect's naming rights to the race track.

As far as Daniel Suarez goes, I have no idea what is happening with him from a NASCAR standpoint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom