Trip Report 2019 "It's Been a Long, Long Time" Trip Report *COMPLETED*

My husband and I just got back from our week at WDW yesterday and I will be starting this trip report soon. To give everyone a reminder, we were there from April 27th to May 4th and were doing a split stay at three resorts - Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, and AKL Kidani Village. Also, every trip we hear one song more often than any other, which becomes our theme song for the trip, which strangely usually also coincides with something that happened in our trip - and this year was no different. I'll explain the title of this report in a later installment. I do have to say that I have mixed feelings about WDW after this trip and I'm not totally sure I can put those feelings into words. I still LOVE the resort and can't wait to go back but there was something different this trip that I can't quite figure out. We were focusing less on the parks and more on the resorts and other experiences so may be that had something to do with it. I'll try to explain during future entries. I did write my thoughts in a journal this time so that I didn't forget the small details. Did we accomplish everything we wanted to do and see? Was there any family drama this year? Stay tuned :)

Rista1313

I've been having issues with my gallbladder since I was about 16, when I had my first attack. The pain was so intense that I actually blacked out from it. Mom took me to ER but everything was fine and the doctors suggested that another issue was the cause. It wasn't. The early attacks had no rhyme or reason to them so the doctors never knew what was causing it. Finally, my PCP scheduled an ultrasound but by that time, the pain was gone and scan was normal. That happened off and on for years. Within the last year and a half, however, things changed for the worst. More frequent, longer lasting, pain was worse. Right before my WDW trip last year, I went to urgent care twice and ER once. But because the tests were fine, and they would push on it and no pain, they just brushed me off. When I went back to my PCP after the last ER visit, and I explained to him everything, he finally had a lightbulb moment. He was like if the gallbladder wasn't functioning properly, then all of the scans WOULD come back normal, and pushing on the gallbladder wouldn't cause pain because there was no inflammation. I was like "where the hell was this epiphany 20 years ago?!" 😂 But because I'm sensitive to most medications, he wants to postpone doing the official dye test because he's worried I'm going to have a similar reaction to what my Mom had - and she wasn't sensitive to medications etc. like I am. So before we even go that route and discuss removal, he wanted to see what diet changes would do. I added the ACV on my own after my body kept craving pickled beets. My husband asked me one day, "what if you're craving those beets because your body just wants the vinegar?" Then I had my own lightbulb moment. Once I added in the daily ACV, the cravings went away and pain got better. If only I can control the desire for creamy, dairy based sauces!!! Sometimes I just can't control the urge to have a good alfredo sauce :( I wouldn't be surprised if it has to be removed one day, especially since I've had issues with it for so long. Luckily though I don't have gallstones or blocked ducts. Then I would have no option. So fingers crossed the diet changes continue to help!

Any apple cider, apple juice, or acv will help your gall bladder. It sounds like you are getting stones in the ducts which wouldn’t be detected on a scan either. The hidascan which your doc is afraid to give you, will tell you what percentage your gallbladder is working. (Went through all of this). When I get pain I start drinking apple juice and it breaks down the stone so it’ll pass.

LeighM

Original Poster
Any apple cider, apple juice, or acv will help your gall bladder. It sounds like you are getting stones in the ducts which wouldn’t be detected on a scan either. The hidascan which your doc is afraid to give you, will tell you what percentage your gallbladder is working. (Went through all of this). When I get pain I start drinking apple juice and it breaks down the stone so it’ll pass.

I've had ultrasounds, MRI, and something else and nothing shows any type of stone, which is why my doctor is leaning towards it's not functioning properly. Both of us are extremely happy that changing the diet has made such a drastic improvement. Sometimes, I think him more than me LOL. I can't drink apple juice, or apple cider, because there's something about it that makes me sick. Which is a shame because I grew up drinking apple cider and it's one of my favorite things in the fall months. Now all I have left are memories....

LeighM

Original Poster
Our goals when going back to AKL were to visit Maharajah Trail (which we missed earlier in the day), ride the safari at dusk, and see Pandora at night and ride FoP standby.

I just love the details and landscaping in this theme park!

IMG_20190429_185253.jpg

We stopped to take a quick picture of this sculpture made from trash collected in the ocean

IMG_20190429_185405.jpg

We started to make our way back to the trail but got stuck behind a slow moving family walking 4 across holding hands, which completely prevented us from passing them because the park was still busy at that point. Saying "excuse me" didn't do any good. They were totally oblivious to everything around them. When we finally got there, they had recently closed the path just 5 minutes earlier. Darn you obnoxious family for stealing my chance to view one of my favorite things :mad: I had plenty of time to get there until we got stuck behind them.

With that option taken away from me, we decided to get in line for the safari but the wait was 55 minutes. We were going to wait, thinking the line would move, but we were there for 15 minutes without moving. It was getting stuffy and I thought maybe another animal was blocking the path. So we left and made our way to Pandora hoping to eat dinner at Satuli Canteen, one of my favorite places. But we got there and the crowds were insane. No way did I have patience at this point to deal with that. So instead I got a Pongu Lumpia (I think it's called) and split it with the husband. Sorry no pictures - I started to eat it too fast. I liked it more than he did but because it was fried and full of cream cheese, I couldn't have all of it. But it was very tasty. It was this point that I remembered we had the extra FP, so we went back to the safari to use one there. The wait time was shown to be 25 minutes so we used our pass. Only to get in line and realize it was a walk on LOL. Total waste of a FP :rolleyes: Not many of the animals were active except the giraffes. I did get to see the fake sunset effect, which I thought was really cool.

IMG_20190429_201113.jpg

It was dark by the time we got off the ride so we made our way back to Pandora and took a lot of pictures.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190429203632312_COVER.jpg

IMG_20190429_203402.jpg

IMG_20190429_204245.jpg

I love this picture of R. He tried to take one of me in a different location but he didn't know how to use the camera on my phone and it didn't turn out too well.

IMG_20190429_203454.jpg

This picture was taken on the path in the FoP standby line. I know some people don't like Pandora but I love it when it's dark.

IMG_20190429_205059.jpg

We watched the drummers for a bit. Totally forgot about Rivers of Light and the light show on Tree of Life so I'll need to do that the next trip as well as watching the dancers in Asia, which we also missed earlier in the day. The park closed at 9PM and at 8:45 the wait for FoP was still 110 minutes. R really wanted to do the standby line and ride it again so I made him get in line (I went with him) because it would be our last chance this year.

We waited about 45 minutes but the cave area was getting extremely hot and humid, with no air movement and I was wishing I had my water bottle. I took a lot of pictures in the line because I knew that I wasn't going to be seeing that again for a while. I'm content with FP only. The line did start moving quicker when they had finally filtered all of the FP riders through.

IMG_20190429_211839.jpg

He really enjoyed the ride (again!). When we exited the park was closed by nearly as empty as I thought it would be. Tree of Life at park closing.

IMG_20190429_220733.jpg

When we got to CSR bus stop, there were only a few other people in line but the line for CBR was packed!!!! We talked to an older couple that was sitting across from us on the bus. When she found out where I was from, she started asking a lot of questions because they were thinking of retiring there. My husband gave her my cell number so that she could contact me in the future with any other questions she might have about the area. We got back to the resort at 10:30PM and quickly got ready for bed since we had plans at Epcot the next day :) We were having perfect sunny weather and there was rain scheduled for Thursday (MK day) and Friday (resort day). We couldn't believe our good luck with weather up to this point and were glad to see that it wasn't supposed to rain while we were in Epcot so we could fully enjoy the Festival.

Tomorrow - Epcot and Flower and Garden Festival. Many pictures of food will be posted :)

Last edited:

Rista1313

I've had ultrasounds, MRI, and something else and nothing shows any type of stone, which is why my doctor is leaning towards it's not functioning properly. Both of us are extremely happy that changing the diet has made such a drastic improvement. Sometimes, I think him more than me LOL. I can't drink apple juice, or apple cider, because there's something about it that makes me sick. Which is a shame because I grew up drinking apple cider and it's one of my favorite things in the fall months. Now all I have left are memories....
That's the thing about stones, when they are stuck in the duct you can't see them! But they cause pain, and your digestion slows down and doesn't work right...

LeighM

Original Poster
Tuesday, April 30th

After such a late night at AK, we decided to sleep in until 9AM and arrive at Epcot for the World Showcase opening. We were on the bus at 10:30 and I wondered to R whether my finger scan would work this time at the turnstiles. The lines through security were still horrible so since R had the f*n*y pack (or are they called bum bags now??) I told him to go through the bag check while I got in line to enter the park and he could meet up with me. I was almost to the front when he joined me. He said security was being obnoxious and so many people weren't ready when they got there. Glad he got to me in time. Did my fingerprint work? Nope! There's just something about Epcot. So they had to call someone over, take my picture, and reset everything. The woman working the turnstile kept telling me to not push down on the scanner. I kept telling her that I wasn't!! It was an irritating start to the day but I was focused on the food and didn't let it bring me down.

Soon I was staring at this. Can you really start your day at Epcot without taking a picture of it :)

IMG_20190430_104931.jpg

I could not get a good picture of the fountain this morning because people kept getting in front of me to take a picture. I guess I had turned invisible or something 😂 I had to take this one too close to get a good shot while trying to avoid the sun.

IMG_20190430_105439.jpg

R and I split up so he could go to Club Cool and fill up the bottle with Bibo (shhhh don't tell anybody lol) while I went to the pin traders to purchase the scavenger hunt map

IMG_20190430_105448.jpg

Spike wasn't very hidden this time like he was last year. I think between the two scavenger hunts I've done, I prefer the Easter eggs because they really made you explore the area. We did see some of them that were still out but we didn't go looking for them. And I just realized that I forgot to take a picture of the patches we got after we finished.

IMG_20190430_110021.jpg

We really wanted to take things slow today and really enjoy the World Showcase. It was another very hot, sunny day and we weren't sure how much we would be able to eat. We skipped over the butterfly garden because it was too crowded for me. I had to go see the Figment topiary being a big fan of Figment.

IMG_20190430_110234.jpg

IMG_20190430_110502.jpg

Some of the pictures will be out of order because I want to put all of the food pictures in one post, if possible. I also wanted to go to the new location for merchandise and to check out the building because I've never been in it before. I purchased the Festival cookbook (to join the other Disney ones I had), I said no to the spirit jersey and ears, and I found a mug for our wonderful realtor.

IMG_20190430_105928.jpg

Up next, pictures from around World Showcase

LeighM

Original Poster
R and I can't pass by Mexico Pavilion without laughing. During our first ever adult trip in 2012, we walked right by it thinking it was just a pyramid for show. No clue anything was actually inside :facepalm: That trip was very last minute and I hadn't done any kind of research but I did get some ADRs. When I got back home, I was hooked and started reading more about it. When I saw pictures, and showed R, both of our minds were blown. So when we went back in 2014, the first thing we did in World Showcase was explore Mexico. And that was the last time we rode the Three Caballeros, because 2015 and 2016 were during Food and Wine Festival and it was just too crowded for us. We didn't spend much time in the World Showcase in 2018 with the inlaws so we skipped over it then too. My husband actually had no memory of this ride.

It was still crowded this day but it was manageable.

IMG_20190430_120426.jpg

I had no clue this parrot was an animatronic until it moved!

IMG_20190430_120503.jpg

Close up of the temple from the ride

IMG_20190430_121113.jpg

Close up of the volcano. I never realized how good this was with perspective until today. See the huts at the base?

IMG_20190430_121130.jpg

IMG_20190430_121219.jpg

I'm a goober and totally enjoyed the fireworks scene in the ride. And if I'm to be honest, I didn't remember this part either :joyfull:

IMG_20190430_121544.jpg

Donald is my favorite after all

IMG_20190430_121607.jpg

IMG_20190430_121616.jpg

I have this song on CD that I sometimes listen to in the car. And it will pop into my head at random times during the day and I can't get it out of my head.

IMG_20190430_121627.jpg

LeighM

Original Poster
Our FP for Frozen Ever After was ready so we went to Norway. I think this is another ride we haven't done since 2016 although I might be mistaken. We looked through the Stave Church Gallery and I took a bunch of pictures here. Since Thor is tied #1 as my favorite Avenger/Revenger and we had just watched Endgame and all.

IMG_20190430_122349.jpg

IMG_20190430_122428.jpg

IMG_20190430_122527.jpg

IMG_20190430_122542.jpg

Pictures from the ride

IMG_20190430_123912.jpg

R still loves Olaf so he had a big grin on his face during the Olaf scenes :)

IMG_20190430_124014.jpg

IMG_20190430_124053.jpg

IMG_20190430_124201.jpg

IMG_20190430_124219.jpg

As cute as this ride is, I still miss Maelstrom and sad I only got to ride it once. After the ride, we went into the bakery so I could get my Troll Horn, diet be darned. They didn't have it on the menu at the temporary kiosk in 2018 and I missed it greatly. No picture of it because it was literally inhaled. Those things are soooo good! We also asked for a free cup of ice water. I always thought QS gave out the mini cups for free water but we received the large cups at every quick service location! I didn't realize it would be such a hit with others throughout the day that asked me where I got it from. I took a picture of it while sitting in the AC at Innoventions later in the day. I didn't realize it was going to be a "thing" LOL. Also, let me just mention before I forget it that I received a horrible sunburn in Epcot, that was not even at all, despite wearing 70 SPF sunscreen.

Picture of the famous free, iced water. Free water definitely got is through Epcot today with the heat! Staying hydrated definitely helped. Now I know there's no need to bring in a water bottle. Although it would be nice if R got his own free cup of water and stopped drinking from mine....

IMG_20190430_153142.jpg

LeighM

Original Poster
Random pictures from throughout World Showcase. I do miss how the Festival used to be when I first went to it in 2014. I'm a gardener and I love flowers and wildlife. I loved the educational sessions and always wanted to try to bring new ideas back home. The education seems to be taking a backseat to the food. And, on one level, I'm fine with that, I'm still sad that the learning facts seem to be scattered throughout World Showcase with signs in each garden.

My husband loves bonsai so he always enjoys this section in Japan Pavilion. This tree is 100 years old

IMG_1408.JPG

and this one is 36 years old. He's tried making his own before but he just doesn't have any luck with them.

IMG_1410.JPG

We also made time to visit the Kawaii exhibit. I was a big fan of Hello Kitty! when I was young.

IMG_20190430_135750.jpg

I think this garden path was near the America Pavilion but I could be wrong

IMG_20190430_111118.jpg

One of my favorites in Honey Bee-stro. While on this trip, I made the mistake of reading social media and saw an article where someone had set fire to, and killed, millions of honey bees. I can't share my thoughts about this on this forum because it isn't family friendly.

IMG_20190430_112433.jpg

Loving the photo op this trip. I had the violet lemonade last trip and really enjoyed it. I meant to get another this trip but forgot about it in the heat. And I have to admit, that I was very thankful to be wearing such a light and airy shirt because this day was HOT! And this was pre-sunburn. A few hours after this was take, my skin matched my shirt :) Oh! I forgot to mention earlier that I bought myself a baseball hat with Spike on it. Glad I did because it helped to protect my face. And the Saucony shoes I was wearing for the first time was like walking on clouds. I need to find more of those because they were A+!

There's a little Spike. Had to take a picture of this one because I hate artichokes.

IMG_20190430_132142.jpg

IMG_20190430_145153.jpg

IMG_20190430_144601.jpg

Seeing the Kermit topiary made me happy because of an inside joke between me and R

IMG_20190430_144522.jpg

Last edited:

aliceismad

I also love the bonsai! There's a wonderful small garden shop here that has starter bonsai and hosts bonsai classes/club from time to time. I'd love to devote some more time to that. Perhaps your husband can find a class?

Last edited:

LeighM

Original Poster
Now onto the food!!! I did have to alter my plans to limit my intake of gluten and sugar. Not that you would've guessed with the way I ate that troll horn but I really did try hard so I avoided a lot of the sweets and would occasionally take bite (or two) of what R was eating. There were a lot of foods that I wanted to try that I decided just wasn't worth the risk this early in the trip. If I had planned Epcot later in the trip, I would've gone for it. Plus, I still had 'Ohana planned for Thursday so I really had to be careful because that was our #1 dinner.

First stop was Flavor Full Kitchen. I had the Roasted Beets, Cashew Cheese, Micro Herb, and Lemon Oil Dressing with the Blood Orange Aqua Fresca. This dish wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing either. It was beets. Kinda hard to mess or or make exciting. But I love beets and I felt like I was getting a serving of veggies that I had been lacking up to this point. I absolutely LOVE blood orange so this drink was made for me. I wanted to go back and get another before leaving the park but never did. Like I said earlier, the sun was baking my brain at this point.

IMG_20190430_110814.jpg

Then we were off to The Honey Bee-stro, which was my favorite last year, and was my #1 again this year. We had the Roasted Cauliflower with buckwheat honey carrot puree, wild rice pilaf, asparagus, honey blistered grapes, sunflower brittle and coriander flowers. The Honey Tandoori Chicken Flatbread with white cheddar cheese, charred veggies, clover honey sour cream, and micro citrus greens. And the Wildflower Honey Marscapone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses and Petite Lavendar Shoots. Everything was fantastic!! R loved the flatbread and it turned into one his favorite food items all trip. I just love everything about this outdoor kitchen.

IMG_20190430_111444.jpg

Next we went to the Citrus Blossom for the Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and Grilled Lemon. Unfortunately, there is no picture because apparently I ate it before taking a picture of it. But the lobster was cooked perfectly and wasn't over done. It had the Meyer Lemon flavor without overpowering the flavor of the lobster. This is another one that I would have again. In fact, we both wanted to come back for seconds but by the end of the day we needed a break from the sun and never did.

We went to La Isla Fresca, so I could get the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with steamed rice and coconut lime sauce. I loved this last year and it was still good this year.

IMG_20190430_113727.jpg

There were a few kiosks we had to skip, that R originally wanted to try, because it was just too hot to enjoy some of the food. Next time we go to this event, we will make sure it's in early March so it's not too hot. We really wanted to focus more on the food but the weather prevented that. Our best trip so far was still early March 2014 and that was because the weather was perfect for us.

We went to Primavera Kitchen because I had heard it was better this year than previous years. We had the Pizza Toscana a rustic Italian flatbread with sweet sausage, caramelized onion, mozzarella, asiago, and Parmesan cheeses. And the Zeppole, ricotta cheese fritters, powdered sugar, raspberry sauce, and chocolate hazelnut drizzle.

IMG_20190430_132605.jpg

I thought this flatbread was better than the one at Honey Bee-stro but R disagreed. I wish I wasn't on a diet because I would want this all for myself. This was one stop that was seriously tempting my willpower. I had a few bites of the flatbread and about 3 of the zeppole because R was getting full and I didn't want them to be thrown away. At least that was the justification I used because, after all, I do hate wasting food :) Blame it on living with my Grandma who grew up during the Great Depression - some lessons just stick.

I wanted Key Lime everything - tart, funnel cake - but was doing my best to limit sugar so I did manage to control that at least. But it was hard.

Then we went to Hanami, because I wanted R to try to famous Frushi, fresh pineapple, strawberry and melon rolled with coconut rice, sprinkled with toasted coconut, whipped cream with raspberry sauce. He loved it!!! He said it was the perfect thing to eat on a hot, summer's day.

IMG_20190430_140648.jpg

We took a short break from the Festival because I was determined to do something I've wanted to do for many years. Go to Tangierine Cafe. I ordered the Chicken Shawarma as a salute to Tony Stark (Avengers 1 reference) and it was amazingly good.

IMG_20190430_141847.jpg

I loved everything about this! The chicken had great flavor and wasn't dry at all. R actually liked it enough that even he ate some - and helped himself to most of the bread because I wasn't supposed to have it. Said he was doing me a favor -ha! Yet again, him eating my food LOL. We also scored a table inside in the AC so that was very enjoyable. I will definitely be doing this again.

My last must do item was at Northern Bloom for the seared scallop with French green beans, butter potatoes, brown butter vinaigrette, and applewood smoked bacon. So good. Scallops cooked perfectly.

IMG_20190430_150535.jpg

My only regret is that I did this during the hottest part of the day because this actually did me in. Even though I had multiple large cups of free ice water, I had to go back to the resort. R said he was fine and could spend more time at the Festival, I think even he appreciated going back to the resort to nap in the AC. I think the burns were also affecting me because I saw how bad some of them were when I got back to the room mainly on the back of my legs and shoulders. This is when I wish I had a bath tub because I would've soaked in that Aveeno oatmeal bath that I brought with me!

LeighM

Original Poster
But before leaving Epcot for the resort, we rode Living with the Land (a must do of mine) and Nemo (it aquarium was crowded with people escaping the heat so skipped it and never did get to go back). Disney time goes by in sonic speed.

This quote never gets old to my environmentalist heart

IMG_20190430_160224.jpg

Had to take a picture of the millet because millet bread is gluten free but I can't find it anywhere back home. Driving me crazy! I have yet to find a tasty gluten free bread. They are all mini sized pieces of bread that tastes like dry dog biscuit.

IMG_20190430_161534.jpg

IMG_20190430_163304.jpg

IMG_20190430_163341.jpg

IMG_20190430_163614.jpg

Something about this ride made my heart very happy this trip. Don't know what it was but it was nice to experience before we went back to the resort. We got back to our room about 6PM. We were going to go back to Epcot for Illuminations and their nighttime EMH, since the parks at night are my favorite. We took a long nap and I took some extra strength Aleve. I wanted to eat dinner at an Epcot restaurant but R wasn't hungry enough and just wanted something quick from the resort. Here was my first truly bad decision. R got the cheesesteak sandwich (he said it was just okay but how good can a cheesesteak be at a resort quick service?) and I got the plant based burger with gluten free bread (can't remember whether it was the Beyond or Impossible burger).

IMG_20190430_192143.jpg

Because mine was in the system as an allergy they had to cook it separately in the back and it took FOREVER!!!

IMG_20190430_192116.jpg

It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. My mistake was forgetting about the fat content. This might be vegetarian and gluten free but it had too much fat for my gallbladder and I definitely felt it later that night. So now I know that if I'm going to eat a burger, I might as well have a lower fat beef or turkey burger. At least have the taste if I'm going to have the pain. After dinner, we caught a bus back to Epcot and we arrived several before 9PM - perfect timing.

LeighM

Original Poster
The heat of the day had dissipated and we were left with breezy, perfect weather for the fireworks. The flag was waving as we entered and it was so pretty against the blue sky. I also noticed a lot of people copying me and taking pictures after they saw me do it. :rolleyes:

IMG_20190430_203628.jpg

It never gets old!

IMG_20190430_203816.jpg

Why have I never noticed these before? I knew about the glittering ones but these designs were new to me

IMG_20190430_205103.jpg

Have I mentioned how much I love the parks at night????

IMG_20190430_205127.jpg

R and I discussed plans and where we should watch the fireworks. We tried to watch in Canada but the smoke was coming my way and it was triggering my asthma. Since I didn't have my inhaler with me (left it back in the room) I moved on to find another spot. I found a great view along the wall in UK pavilion and called R to tell him to meet up with me but he refused to leave his spot. When I saw the spot I did have he was a tad bit jealous.

IMG_20190430_210951.jpg

IMG_20190430_211102.jpg

IMG_20190430_211230.jpg

After the fireworks, I went inside one of the UK stores to try to get away from the smoke while R was making his way to me. I met a very nice local couple who was looking at the Dr. Who merchandise so we got into a very nerdy discussion over the newest season with the new Doctor, which neither of us really liked because the writing was so bad on the new season compared to past ones. I won brownie points with the man when I mentioned the bad writing LOL. R had joined me at this point, and since he doesn't like the show, the couple and I said our goodbyes. I left with a big smile on my face after finally being able to discuss the show with a fellow fan. One thing R wanted to try was macarons so we stopped by the French bakery while all the crowds were leaving. Found a table while he got the macrons and creme brulee. All the goodies were calling my name, especially the lobster bisque, but I was already having pain from the stupid fake burger so I knew there was no way I could have the lobster bisque without making myself very sick. I may have shed a few tears.

IMG_20190430_214509.jpg

R was glad he tried them but I don't think he would order them again. They were a little bit too sweet for our taste buds. The raspberry was by far our favorite and wish they sold packs with just that flavor. After R had his sugary snack, we walked around World Showcase.

IMG_20190430_220252.jpg

We wanted to ride Frozen Ever After again but the line at 10:25 was still 35 minutes and wasn't budging. So we left the line because I wanted to ride Figment once this trip. We passed by a familiar face but by the time I placed the face with the name/location it was too late to go back and say hello. So hello @dclfan - wish I had been able to say hello to you and your husband.

We got to Figment and I remembered when my friend and her family were on it and they stopped during "One Little Spark" how much she now hates that song :)

IMG_20190430_222958.jpg

We made our way to the buses. We decided to cancel our breakfast reservation at Trail's End because R wanted to sleep in instead. We also cancelled the dinner I had booked at Morimoto Asia because R wanted to try the wagyu beef sliders at the Brown Derby Lounge for comparison purposes. So the plans for Wednesday were to sleep in, eat breakfast at the resort, visit Wilderness Lodge (for DVC research purposes), visit Fort Wilderness because I wanted to see Tri Circle D ranch and then at 7PM we were going to After Hours at Hollywood Studios and I was so frickin excited about it.

Last edited:

LeighM

Original Poster
Aww I wish you would have said hello @LeighM I would have loved to meet you. Next time for sure. 💕Magic meetups are awesome.

I was like "those people look really familiar" LOL. By the time I realized why it was too late and I didn't want to chase you down and look like a weirdo. Not that I was capable of a chase at that point but still....

dclfan

I was like "those people look really familiar" LOL. By the time I realized why it was too late and I didn't want to chase you down and look like a weirdo. Not that I was capable of a chase at that point but still....

Haha people always recognize the beard before they recognize me. I’m not gonna lie we were a little tipsy. We had just come from ESPN Zone watching the bruins game. I’ll let this on ride photo speak for itself. Hopefully we can cross paths next time your in the world.

Attachments

• 0AFD2875-B03C-4275-A1E2-5E97A00ED7A6.jpeg
    0AFD2875-B03C-4275-A1E2-5E97A00ED7A6.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 247

Janir

More stories of this type of behavior will be showing up in future entries. It was so common so I'm only going to mention the truly standout instances of bad behavior. Mostly from adults that are old enough to know better. I did have a couple of great encounters but they were few and far between - I'll also be talking about them. I don't know if it was the heat and time of the year but it really made me question whether I want to go back during the same time of year. My next trip won't be until 2021 (next year is supposed to be a Disney cruise) so I have some time to figure out when I want to go back once they start releasing info for their 50th celebrations.
MORE stories of rude behavior? So sorry to hear. I really hope that it didn't spoil your trip overall.

LeighM

Original Poster
MORE stories of rude behavior? So sorry to hear. I really hope that it didn't spoil your trip overall.

I try not to let anything ruin my Disney trips. The only thing that has the power to do that is petty family drama :)

LeighM

Original Poster
Haha people always recognize the beard before they recognize me. I’m not gonna lie we were a little tipsy. We had just come from ESPN Zone watching the bruins game. I’ll let this on ride photo speak for itself. Hopefully we can cross paths next time your in the world.

Fantastic on ride photo LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom