2020-Gaming discussion

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Games to dig into during an extended stay at home?

My recommendations:

Dragon Age Inquisition with all DLC
The Witcher 3 with all DLC
Assassin's Creed Odyssey with all DLC
Persona 5
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn

Personally I'm working on reading kanji and making emoji's for peoples Twitch streams while playing only Persona 5.

Be safe and healthy everyone!

Voxel

President of Progress City

My recommendations:

Persona 5
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn

Personally I'm working on reading kanji and making emoji's for peoples Twitch streams while playing only Persona 5.

I just started God of War. I can NOT believe that I waited this long to start this game. The story telling is amazing, heck my GF is constantly looking up from her own games to watch it.

Sadly I'm still 'essential' so I'm not getting a bunch of Video Game Time (which is sad with everything coming out in the next two months), but I'm still finding time for stuff.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes

My recommendations:

Persona 5
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn

Agree with all of these recommendations. I just beat Witcher 3 yesterday. I've played all of these except for AC: Odyssey.

Always buy physical when possible kids!

Be healthy and safe peeps!

That's what I try to do, but with this shutdown, it may be difficult to get physical games in every situation.

I just started God of War. I can NOT believe that I waited this long to start this game. The story telling is amazing, heck my GF is constantly looking up from her own games to watch it.

Sadly I'm still 'essential' so I'm not getting a bunch of Video Game Time (which is sad with everything coming out in the next two months), but I'm still finding time for stuff.

God of War is one of those games that just blows your face off.

WHAT?! If this is true.....Im gonna need a bigger SD card....

I'm in.

Mike S

Disney Maddux

WHAT?! If this is true.....Im gonna need a bigger SD card....
So this means HD remasters of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy (and hopefully Galaxy 2). Hopefully that would mean all the cut content is restored as well (which would mean 32 courses in 64 instead of 15, and 12 worlds in Sunshine instead of 7).

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes

The Last of Us 2 delayed... indefinitely. That one hurts.

Waiting for Final Fantasy 7 Remake and hoping it drops early somehow that I can get it before next Friday.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all dropped their spring sales at the same time and I dont know what else to buy. I've gotten AO Tennis for PS4 and Fast RMX for Switch so far.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Just finished Persona 5 and it was 117 hours with no level grinding and I didn't finish all the optional side quests. Best ending to a video game ever made bar none almost brought a tear to my eye. I feel stupid though because they just released the Royal version which many reviewers are saying adds another 30-40 hours and streamlines the original game, but I do not want to play through it again, I got my monies worth and feel satisfied. For now I suppose. But definitely a top five game of all time for me.

My son wanted the new Animal Crossing so I got it and I watched him play but I don't see the draw. I know the series is revered by its faithful and God bless them, but its just not for me. 9 out of 10 times Nintendo makes great games with value so hopefully my kiddo finds it.

Saw the final trailer for FF7 Remake and its going to be the big one for me even if its only the first of many parts. In fact it could be game of the year if more games keep getting pushed back. I think Square Enix is going to have a major hit with it. FF7 is such a huge game to a huge amount of people I highly doubt SE is going to drop the ball and release something bad.

One thing that recently hit me.

Ever notice how a lot of games recently released are actually really good? Most of them great and more and more being touted as the best ever made? I read about Witcher 3 being the greatest game of all time and sure enough it probably is. Persona 5 was getting called the greatest JRPG of all time and while I personally still love the original Phantasy Star I do have to say P5 could possibly beat it. Lets just hope the bar keeps getting raised.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Just finished Persona 5 and it was 117 hours with no level grinding and I didn't finish all the optional side quests. Best ending to a video game ever made bar none almost brought a tear to my eye. I feel stupid though because they just released the Royal version which many reviewers are saying adds another 30-40 hours and streamlines the original game, but I do not want to play through it again, I got my monies worth and feel satisfied. For now I suppose. But definitely a top five game of all time for me.

My son wanted the new Animal Crossing so I got it and I watched him play but I don't see the draw. I know the series is revered by its faithful and God bless them, but its just not for me. 9 out of 10 times Nintendo makes great games with value so hopefully my kiddo finds it.

Saw the final trailer for FF7 Remake and its going to be the big one for me even if its only the first of many parts. In fact it could be game of the year if more games keep getting pushed back. I think Square Enix is going to have a major hit with it. FF7 is such a huge game to a huge amount of people I highly doubt SE is going to drop the ball and release something bad.

Ever notice how a lot of games recently released are actually really good? Most of them great and more and more being touted as the best ever made? I read about Witcher 3 being the greatest game of all time and sure enough it probably is. Persona 5 was getting called the greatest JRPG of all time and while I personally still love the original Phantasy Star I do have to say P5 could possibly beat it. Lets just hope the bar keeps getting raised.

I played through P5 late last year and its such a great game. P5R is probably something I will grab later this year, hopefully at a discount. My goal is to play through my backlog this year. Started playing through the first of the Uncharted games.

Though first is FF7 Remake. Can’t wait. Less than a week and I couldn’t be more ready for it.

I want to grab AC but I feel like it’s really not for me. We shall see.

This is truly a golden era of games.

Voxel

President of Progress City

Just started Persona 5 Royal. So far I'm really enjoying it. Finding the balancing act of social skill, job, and personal stats a big difficult in the first few hours (I'm only 8 hours in), but I'm sure it will click. I really enjoy the chillness of the game, yet at the same time it's engaging and demands you to play more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom