2020-Gaming discussion

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Also the problem I have is watching my fav Twitch streamers play a game then buying it but not getting round to playing it as I have been enjoying watching them play lol

The_Jobu

Nothing I had my eye on went on sale *shrug*

It was just the same 7 or so games that were on sale for $20 and everything else was normal.

Big let down actually.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Same problem. Heck I'm just now getting around to Assassins Creed Odyssey
I loved AC Odyssey, make sure you get the season pass for all the dlc because all of it is amazing, some of the best ever done.

So what did everyone get during the Black Friday deals?

Not much for me, just PS4 games that I waited on that were $10 like Persona 5. I was more into hardware bling for my PC like the Corsair light strips and their Crystal 680x case which was down to $200.

I was hoping for a high refresh 4k monitor but nothing on that front.

I did though get a free one month sub to EA Access which is their new subscription service. Pretty meh selection of games a lot of them they have given out for free when they had the on the house promo. They do have recent releases but you only get 10 hours with them. Played Madden 20 and realized I don’t need it. Going to try the new Need for Speed. You get a free sub if you set up your EA Origin account with two step authentication.

Hoping for a decent Cyber Monday.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I loved AC Odyssey, make sure you get the season pass for all the dlc because all of it is amazing, some of the best ever done.

Not much for me, just PS4 games that I waited on that were $10 like Persona 5. I was more into hardware bling for my PC like the Corsair light strips and their Crystal 680x case which was down to $200.

I was hoping for a high refresh 4k monitor but nothing on that front.

I did though get a free one month sub to EA Access which is their new subscription service. Pretty meh selection of games a lot of them they have given out for free when they had the on the house promo. They do have recent releases but you only get 10 hours with them. Played Madden 20 and realized I don’t need it. Going to try the new Need for Speed. You get a free sub if you set up your EA Origin account with two step authentication.

Hoping for a decent Cyber Monday.
I just got the DLC cause it has half off. I'm glad I'm finally getting the time to play it. I was a classical studies major in college so this is like a dream come true running though these areas though they aren't completely accurate.

Underdog

So what did everyone get during the Black Friday deals?

I was able to open my Stadia Founders edition and get some sessions in (busy week). My quick take - It works surprising well for me. No bad sessions, but one with a stutter or two in an hour, but my Chromecast was on my 2.4Ghz network, not the 5 Ghz. on 5Ghz, no issues. I'm in. With high 'data' turned on with HDR, Destiny can eat up some bandwidth quickly. While the destiny build they are using is not mastered in 4K, it looks good enough for me.

Picked up Killer Queen Black, KH III & a couple other deals on older games I wanted to jump in on.

Trying to decide if I want to jump in on a SteelCase Arctis 7 headset or the Pro+ with the DAC.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I picked up a Genesis Mini yesterday since it was on discount just for the novelty of it (I already have a real Genesis and Sega CD). It's a lot of fun lol

erasure fan1

Nothing I have too many games as it is they need starting lol
I feel the same way. Im pretty sure I'm getting red dead 2 and borderlands 3 for xmas, so I've been trying to knock a few games out before that. I just finished outer worlds this morning, so I think I'll try to finish kingdom come deliverance or subnautica before my January and February are completely taken. Lol

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I feel the same way. Im pretty sure I'm getting red dead 2 and borderlands 3 for xmas, so I've been trying to knock a few games out before that. I just finished outer worlds this morning, so I think I'll try to finish kingdom come deliverance or subnautica before my January and February are completely taken. Lol
Does Outer Worlds have an endpoint or is it one of those games that you could grind endlessly in?

erasure fan1

Does Outer Worlds have an endpoint or is it one of those games that you could grind endlessly in?
It does have a definitive end. It will warn you, like witcher 3, when the point of no return comes up. You could grind as long as you want before that point if you wanted, but there are only so many side quests so there isn't much point. The game seems like it was designed around multiple playthroghs rather than one big grind. There are a few achievements I missed. And when I went back to my save before the end, I realized I would need a 2nd play to get them because of some choices I made.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It does have a definitive end. It will warn you, like witcher 3, when the point of no return comes up. You could grind as long as you want before that point if you wanted, but there are only so many side quests so there isn't much point. The game seems like it was designed around multiple playthroghs rather than one big grind. There are a few achievements I missed. And when I went back to my save before the end, I realized I would need a 2nd play to get them because of some choices I made.
The one thing that is good/bad with Borderlands is it can become an endless grind to collect all of the items you want or to max out a character class.

I think I might go against the grain on BL3 and start a new character after I take my current one though the new DLC.

erasure fan1

The one thing that is good/bad with Borderlands is it can become an endless grind to collect all of the items you want or to max out a character class.

I think I might go against the grain on BL3 and start a new character after I take my current one though the new DLC.
With outer worlds, I found a couple guns I liked kind of early and kept them the whole game. You can mod the weapons and raise their level through workbenches, so I really didn't have a ton of reason to go and hunt down different ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom