2020-Gaming discussion

KBLovedDisney

It's been many years since I got really into a video game, or rather even played a game. Recently got an Oculus Quest and have gotten hooked on a few games. Anyone else here have an Oculus?

Mike S

Well that's because Fornite was a F2P game lol, it wouldnt make sense to start charging full price for a game that was previously free.
And Overwatch was a game that was priced at $60, started the whole loot box craze, and made a ton of money on randomly given out skins which I bet won’t carry over to #2 since that’s how all these “live services” seem to work so they can fleece money and then wipe the slate clean for more. IMO it’s robbery, especially in annualized games.

If skins carry over from 1 it’ll be a miracle but I’m not holding my breath for the fans who’ve built up their collection. I feel sorry for them honestly.

erasure fan1

Just found out about this and it’s absolute gold lol

Search “Falloutfirst.com” and thank me later ;)

Language warning btw.
Good ole fallout 76. When I heard about this subscription, I was absolutely floored. I will say, Bethesda has some marbles to say hey, we know our game was a turd, so how does another hundred bucks a year sound! Personally I'm about done with fallout. I've got outerworlds now, wasteland 3 and then outerworlds 2 to look forward to. Obsidian and inxile are out fallouting fallout.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is probably the best action game I've played all year, I'm blown away. I know a lot of people don't like EA and deservingly so, but this is their best game in a long time.

And I didn't play it on a top of the line PC, I'm taking mine apart for upgrades so I played it on a:

Ryzen 1600x overclocked to 4.0 ghz on all cores.
GTX 1080ti overclocked 750mhz over stock.
32 GB DDR4 3000k ram.

Played this at 1080p and never went below 120 fps.

Completed in just under 25 hours, 92% complete. And its really an amazing game, with lots of fan service touches and without spoiling anything some great moments for fanboi's.

9/10 would play again in 4k.

Mike S

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is probably the best action game I've played all year, I'm blown away. I know a lot of people don't like EA and deservingly so, but this is their best game in a long time.

And I didn't play it on a top of the line PC, I'm taking mine apart for upgrades so I played it on a:

Ryzen 1600x overclocked to 4.0 ghz on all cores.
GTX 1080ti overclocked 750mhz over stock.
32 GB DDR4 3000k ram.

Played this at 1080p and never went below 120 fps.

Completed in just under 25 hours, 92% complete. And its really an amazing game, with lots of fan service touches and without spoiling anything some great moments for fanboi's.

9/10 would play again in 4k.
The reasons people don’t like EA aren’t present in this game AFAIK so it shouldn’t be too bad. I remember there was some worry of the game looking repetitive around E3 so I guess that worry is gone?

I’m hoping for a Switch version but I won’t hold my breath. It’s EA after all. It’s on Unreal 4 which makes it much easier to port than their Frostbite games.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Just got my Epic games store code for Shenmue 3 but you have to use it twice to unlock the game when it releases Tuesday. Or something like that the email is pretty confusing but I’m excited to finally get back to that world.

Mike S

Just saw that a new Half Life game has apparently leaked.

A VR game.

I’m sure this will go over amazingly well and not cause one bit of backlash 🤦‍♂️

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just saw that a new Half Life game has apparently leaked.

A VR game.

I’m sure this will go over amazingly well and not cause one bit of backlash 🤦‍♂️
Half Life is one of my favorite games of all time. Hell, my office at home is painted to look like a Portal Test chamber complete with a crowbar, Gravity Gun, Portal gun and GlaDos as a potato. There are even the insane scribblings of Doug Rattmann in the back of the closet.

In spite of all of this, even the completion of this story will not get me to drop 4 figures on a Valve VR setup.

Mike S

Half Life is one of my favorite games of all time. Hell, my office at home is painted to look like a Portal Test chamber complete with a crowbar, Gravity Gun, Portal gun and GlaDos as a potato. There are even the insane scribblings of Doug Rattmann in the back of the closet.

In spite of all of this, even the completion of this story will not get me to drop 4 figures on a Valve VR setup.
That sounds pretty cool. Got pictures of your office to share? I’d understand if you’d prefer not to. I’m guessing there’s a bunch of Star Wars stuff too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom