2020-Gaming discussion

erasure fan1

Anyone playing bloodstained ritual of the night? If you like old school castlevania games like symphony of the night, or the GBA castlevanias, it's a winner. I doubt Konami will venture back into this style castlevania, so this is the next best thing.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Overwatch 2
Diablo 4
World of Warcraft Shadowlands.

Just one of those would have made a Blizzcon for Blizzard to announce all three they have to be feeling the backlash for being douches the past couple years.

Jahona

Everything but Overwatch 2 is great. With how they made Overwatch 1 and it's content updates, a sequel doesn't feel right. I guess lootbox sales weren't high enough.

Mike S

Everything but Overwatch 2 is great. With how they made Overwatch 1 and it's content updates, a sequel doesn't feel right. I guess lootbox sales weren't high enough.
Funny because Fortnite, the “live service” I play since that’s what friends and family play, just gave us “Chapter 2” for free and the Battle Royale mode doesn’t have loot boxes either.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Well that's because Fornite was a F2P game lol, it wouldnt make sense to start charging full price for a game that was previously free.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster

Everyone is a day one buy for me, if Overwatch 2 has strong PvE and strong Blizz storytelling I'll deal with the uninspired graphic update.

Diablo 4 will be huge, I love the dark look to it. I never realized D3 sold 30 million copies...

WoW, I'll get it just for nostalgia and give it a month, if it don't pull me in oh well.

I thought overall it was an incredible first day Blizzcon but they revealed I feel 2 Blizzcon's worth of material. D4 and the new WoW x-pack would have been enough. I think they went a little overboard with the apologies for the China/ Hong Kong fiasco and should have just kept it about the games but all in all its probably the best Blizzcon ever.

Thank God for some odd reason I got a free virtual ticket from Blizz, I never would have paid for it lol.

erasure fan1

Anyone playing outer world? I'm about 7 or 8hrs in and it's pretty cool. If fallout 76 left a bad taste in your mouth, this is a must play. The new vegas team did a great job so far. I'm hoping it continues to be great.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anyone playing outer world? I'm about 7 or 8hrs in and it's pretty cool. If fallout 76 left a bad taste in your mouth, this is a must play. The new vegas team did a great job so far. I'm hoping it continues to be great.
It is on my list if I can ever get done with Borderlands and Metro: Exodus.

erasure fan1

It is on my list if I can ever get done with Borderlands and Metro: Exodus.
I can't wait to start borderlands 3. How is exodus? It's on gamdpass like outer worlds so that was on my radar as well. The nice thing about outer worlds, it's not a 65hr plus adventure. From what I've seen it's more like 20/30hrs. So much more manageable from a dedication standpoint.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can't wait to start borderlands 3. How is exodus? It's on gamdpass like outer worlds so that was on my radar as well. The nice thing about outer worlds, it's not a 65hr plus adventure. From what I've seen it's more like 20/30hrs. So much more manageable from a dedication standpoint.
If you liked the first one you will like Exodus. The gameplay is basically the same with improved graphics, improved crafting, and a new open-world element. There were some technical issues at first causing game freezes, but I think those have been patched.

The only really hard part I have had with the game is switching from something like Borderlands where you can basically be a bullet sponge with unlimited ammo to a game where ammo is scarce and one shot can end you.

BL3 is awesome. It is basically more of the same thing you had in BL1, 2 and the pre-sequel, but with different planets added to the mix and more of everything else (eg more guns, vehicles, etc). About the only thing I wish they would add is a crafting system that would at minimum allow you to level up your guns and items. Nothing sucks more than getting a gun or a mod you really like at level 8 and having it be near worthless by level 12.

erasure fan1

About the only thing I wish they would add is a crafting system that would at minimum allow you to level up your guns and items. Nothing sucks more than getting a gun or a mod you really like at level 8 and having it be near worthless by level 12.
That has been my one complaint with the borderlands series from the start. Outer worlds has a system to upgrade weapons so I'm digging that. I get why borderlands doesn't have it as that is the point of loot and shoot. Keep looking for that next cool weapon.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That has been my one complaint with the borderlands series from the start. Outer worlds has a system to upgrade weapons so I'm digging that. I get why borderlands doesn't have it as that is the point of loot and shoot. Keep looking for that next cool weapon.
It is the one thing I miss about playing BL on PC. While technically a cheat, it is easy to level up your items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom