2020-Gaming discussion

Indy_UK

After E3, in I'm 2 minds of what to do.

I sold my Xbox One about 2 years ago, still have my account with an extensive library of games. I really want to play Fallen Order and the new Lego Skywalker saga game next year.

I don't know whether to get an XBOX One X this year, get back into gaming especially for Fallen order or wait over a year for XBOX Scarlet?

Next gen games I would be able to play on the One X via streaming as I have the broadband and unlimited data to cover that, however, Scarlet will use a much faster SSD drive and tech which will make loading times of my current games non-existent....

So essentially, do I wait, pay an extra £150-£200 for faster loading.

Mike S

After E3, in I'm 2 minds of what to do.

I sold my Xbox One about 2 years ago, still have my account with an extensive library of games. I really want to play Fallen Order and the new Lego Skywalker saga game next year.

I don't know whether to get an XBOX One X this year, get back into gaming especially for Fallen order or wait over a year for XBOX Scarlet?

Next gen games I would be able to play on the One X via streaming as I have the broadband and unlimited data to cover that, however, Scarlet will use a much faster SSD drive and tech which will make loading times of my current games non-existent....

So essentially, do I wait, pay an extra £150-£200 for faster loading.
Wait. Next gen consoles are already confirmed to be backwards compatible. Plus Fallen Order will be much cheaper by then too. If you see yourself eventually getting the next console anyway just get it now and save by not also getting an X.

Indy_UK

That's what I'm also thinking.

Scarlet isn't likely to have tones of amazing launch games as most consoles don't but by the time it launches, Fallen order will probabaly be free and included in EA access. Lego Star Wars will probabaly had a drop too.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Finally got to start playing the new free DLC for Borderlands 2. Looks to be about 8 hours of typical Borderlands awesomeness.

My only gripe is all of my efforts to port over my level 72 Axton with a Bee Shield and every flavor Infinity pistol from PC to Xbox One X have failed.:(

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
3y5ud.png

Need more kart racers pls

wdwfan4ver

The entire Entire Turbografax 16 Mini lineup has been announced by Konami. This is only sold on Amazon. I only say the console itself on the Japanese version of the Amazon site, but I'm assuming it will be on the us Amazon site.

North America is getting 24 TG-16 games and 26 pc engine games. The only catch is some of the 26 pc engine games are Japanese versions of the 24 Tg-16 games. I see some wonderful gems for Pc Engine games including some expensive games and a couple Supergrafx games.

I'm guessing the Turbografx 16 mini costs $100.00, but it does not come with an AC adapter. What You get with the mini is a USB Power Cable (power Supply), 1 Controller, HDMI cable, and instruction Manuel. I said I'm guessing because in Japan the mini costs $100.00 if you convert yen to dollars.

An AC adapter sold separately costs $19.99 according to Amazon. Konami only has the mini with one controller. That means you have to buy a 2nd controller if you want want more than 1 person to play with with it costs $24.99. The Turbografx 16 Mini multi tap costs $29.99 according to Amazon.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The 50 games we get with the Turbrografx 16 mini are the following:

Turbografx
  • Air Zonk
  • Alien Crush
  • Blazing Lasers
  • Bomberman'93
  • Bonk's Revenge
  • Cadash
  • Chew-Man-Fu
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • J.J. and Jeff
  • Lords of Thunder
  • Military Madness (known as as Nectaris for Pc engine)
  • Moto Roader
  • Neutopia
  • Neutopia 2
  • New Adventure Island
  • Ninja Spirit
  • Parasol stars
  • Power Golf
  • Psychosis
  • R-type
  • Soldier Blade
  • Space Harrier
  • Victory Run
  • Y's Book I and II
Pc Engine games on Tubrografx Mini:
  • Akumajō Dracula X Chi No Rondo (know as Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, but this version uses Japanese text
  • Aldynes (Superfgrafx game)
  • Appare Gateball!
  • Bomberman'94
  • Bomberman Panic Bomber
  • Cho Aniki
  • Daimakaimura (Supergrafx version of Gouls "n" Ghosts
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire
  • Gradius
  • Gradius II - Gofer No Yabō
  • Jaseiken Necromancer (warning! text is not translated to English)
  • Nectaris (Military Madness)
  • Neutopia
  • Neutopia 2
  • Ninja Ryūkenden (Ninja Gaiden. but there is a code for making the Japanese Text into English)
  • PC-Genjin (Bonk's Adventure)
  • Salamander (Japanese version of Life Force)
  • Snatcher (Warning! Sounds like Konami didn't translate the text from Japanese to English)
  • Star Parodier (Fantasy Star Soldier)
  • Super Darius
  • Super Momotarō Dentetsu II
  • Super Star Soldier
  • The Kung Fu (China Warrior)
  • Ys I&II

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey and its an amazing game. I think I've seen the gold version go on sale for $20 and that's an incredible value. I finished with 160 hours logged and I did not do everything in the game, I have exactly 10% left for 100% clear.

My only gripe is to get the real ending to the game you have to purchase the DLC, in fact the main games story if I was left with that ending I would have been ed off. This is turning into a trend of late with Dragon Age Inquisition being the same way. Now to be fair, the DLC for both games, especially Odyssey was stellar, but being forced to buy DLC to get true game endings is getting a little absurd.

My current playlist:

Final Fantasy 14- The best MMO bar none on the market today.
Overwatch- Once I get out, it pulls me back in...
The Last Remnant- Moldy oldie from Square, playing on PC of course at 144 frames per second.
Grand Theft Auto V- Online is a hoot.
Wing Commander 5- Never finished this one, started a new game and amazed at the terrible acting. Shockingly the gameplay still holds up!

Just ordered a RTX 2080 Super for my son's PC and a new Ryzen 3900X just to mess around with. Got a great deal on Threadripper 2950X for $449 so I grabbed that as well. Don't know if I'll have time for all these PC builds but we will see. Hope I'm not becoming a tech hoarder.

Two hour flight for me to Orlando, decided to bring my Switch for the plane ride considering its been nothing but a paperweight lately due to the lack of quality games and was impressed with the battery life. Played Valkyria Chronicles 4 for almost the whole trip without charging once.

Come to think of it, most of my consoles have been sitting collecting dust lately. Not many interesting exclusives these days it seems. Just about everything is ported to PC now, ( Thanks Unreal Engine! ), I see no reason to play on consoles unless I just can't play it on PC. Who wants to play at 30-60 fps, when you can play at over 100?

Do we really need a next gen of consoles? Unless there are compelling exclusives I see no reason to think about them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom