2020-Gaming discussion

Twilight_Roxas

21stamps

Nintendo Switch owners-

Have you had an issue with the Joy Cons glitching?

Ours are really bad right now, almost impossible to use. We have the Pro controller as well, but the Joy Cons are used a lot.

21stamps

Are you experiencing drift or something else?

Yes. That’s exactly it. The left controller just bounces all over, the right one does it too, but less severe. Nintendo is not doing repairs or replacements due to coronavirus. We recalibrated the controllers, didn’t work.

I’m not thrilled with the idea of paying $80 to replace them when up until a few weeks ago, he rarely even played video games. I think Nintendo should have a better product. Apparently this is more common than I was aware of, I didn’t know of the issue at all.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes. That’s exactly it. The left controller just bounces all over, the right one does it too, but less severe. Nintendo is not doing repairs or replacements due to coronavirus. We recalibrated the controllers, didn’t work.

I’m not thrilled with the idea of paying $80 to replace them when up until a few weeks ago, he rarely even played video games. I think Nintendo should have a better product. Apparently this is more common than I was aware of, I didn’t know of the issue at all.
I have never been a big Nintendo guy, but many of my gamer friends that are have gone to third party controllers like the Nyko Dualies or the Kinvoca when the original controllers failed.

21stamps

I have never been a big Nintendo guy, but many of my gamer friends that are have gone to third party controllers like the Nyko Dualies or the Kinvoca when the original controllers failed.

Thank you for the recommendation!. I’ll look into these and get one until Nintendo opens back up. Sounds like they will fix or replace the Joy cons..so I’ll do a cheaper alternative in the meantime.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Nintendo Switch owners-

Have you had an issue with the Joy Cons glitching?

Ours are really bad right now, almost impossible to use. We have the Pro controller as well, but the Joy Cons are used a lot.

My left joy con drifts, but I have one of those offbrand wired controllers that I use the most.

Disney Maddux

Every single JoyCon has this issue, and many suspect it's put in intentionally to keep you buying new pairs.

I've sent them to have it repaired before, always came back even worse. I'm on my fifth pair now, and it's starting to drift again.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Every single JoyCon has this issue, and many suspect it's put in intentionally to keep you buying new pairs.

I've sent them to have it repaired before, always came back even worse. I'm on my fifth pair now, and it's starting to drift again.

Just get a wired or a pro controller. Thats what I ended up doing.

21stamps

That’s crazy! I’m not a gamer by any stretch, but I wouldn’t think a gaming system should require $80 controllers to be purchased repeatedly.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Microsoft's controllers are also 60 still, so Nintendo isnt the only one who still hikes the price.
The pedestrian MS controllers are only $60. ;)

Capture.JPG

21stamps

Another question... how do you play with headphone when the Switch is on the base?

Kiddo has been playing a lot of Fortnite with friends during quarantine. I finally gave in and bought a microphone, just because these circumstances are so out of the norm.. but, he always plays in portable mode, so the headset can connect. Now that the Joy Cons are glitching though, he’ll have to use on the tv.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I thought $70 for the Switch Pro controller was stupid, at least the Joy Cons can be used as 2 ... what could a $179.99 controller possibly do to be worth that much money?
It is not unlike a top of the line KitchenAid mixer vs a $30 Continental Electric Stand Mixer. It is one of those things that looks stupid at first, but you wonder how you lived without it after using it.

I have had the 1st generation for a little more than a year now and can't stand using a regular controller.

21stamps

It is not unlike a top of the line KitchenAid mixer vs a $30 Continental Electric Stand Mixer. It is one of those things that looks stupid at first, but you wonder how you lived without it after using it.

I have had the 1st generation for a little more than a year now and can't stand using a regular controller.

Fair enough

21stamps

While I’m in here hoping that I’ll get an answer on my headset/switch problem, I will ask your opinions on something else..

Why does EA not offer cross platform play?
And... do you think they will, soon?

The reason my kid is playing Fortnite so much is only because it’s the only game that all his friends can play on, no matter what system they have. He would love to play other games sometimes, especially FIFA20 or NBA2K19..I know other kids would like to do the same. I think EA is missing out by not offering that type of play.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom