News 2019 Fourth of July at Walt Disney World

Crazydisneyfanluke

I just arrived at Epcot, and at least so far this is by far the lightest crowd I’ve seen here on July 4th in at least 15 years. It’s downright quiet in here.
I've been here since about 10:30. We have done everything we have wanted to besides SSE and ROE. We waited not even 20mins for Soarin (posted as 60mins) and about 10mins for TT...

Crazydisneyfanluke

That seems very unlike Disney. When there is to be an event they normally close off the area hours before to avoid that exact situation you describe. How were people taking it being told to leave 15 mins before the show?
The people were very fustrated at the CMs informing them, CMs gave up and the managers came in. People had cameras and blankets set up and told to move. The only thing I saw was a small poster that said "33 Private event"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You know what I meant. Holidays always see higher attendance when they fall on fridays or mondays and create long weekends. Yes many many people still make it a long weekend and many have vacation. That’s why the park is busy. But what day a holiday falls on does play a part in attendance.

I knew what you meant...
...and you know I’m messing with you

But you know the 4th influx is typically locals

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The people were very fustrated at the CMs informing them, CMs gave up and the managers came in. People had cameras and blankets set up and told to move. The only thing I saw was a small poster that said "33 Private event"
Did they eventually move or hold their ground?
Some moved, some held their ground and didn't budge. Couldn't blame them.

Currently hiding in O'Canada from the storm!

Are there even that many club 33 members around? I can’t imagine that there would be more than a couple of dozen?

Disone

I went to ploy beach via a walk from the grand. There was a club 33 private event sign at the wedding pavilion. I had no problem walking from Francs to luau cove and beyond. On my return trip afterwards I saw no signs of an event except the ones at the bridge. I assume due to the weather it did not use the electrical water pageant to pump the music to the poly shores. you could not hear the music. The only thing you really could hear was the Polynesian luau was in progress and did not pause the luau for the fireworks. The drumming was loud and strong. If the Club 33 members did indeed watch on this beach, all they really heard was the Polynesian luau poorly sync up to fireworks. 😆

Crazydisneyfanluke

I went to ploy beach via a walk from the grand. There was a club 33 private event sign at the wedding pavilion. I had no problem walking from Francs to luau cove and beyond. On my return trip afterwards I saw no signs of an event except the ones at the bridge. I assume due to the weather it did not use the electrical water pageant to pump the music to the poly shores. you could not hear the music. The only thing you really could hear was the Polynesian luau was in progress and did not pause the luau for the fireworks. The drumming was loud and strong. If the Club 33 members did indeed watch on this beach, all they really heard was the Polynesian luau poorly sync up to fireworks. 😆
I ended using youtube for the audio!

Current view of the sunset at Epcot!

Attachments

• 20190704_203300.jpg
    20190704_203300.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 93

HoldenC

Hope everyone at the World for tonight's festivities have a blast! The weather rained out the fireworks here this evening, tomorrow we will light up the night. 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom