News 2019 Fourth of July at Walt Disney World

wdwfan22

A look at the crowd prior to showtime

Crazydisneyfanluke

Just a fair warning for those who watching the fireworks from outside the park, the poly beach is extremely crowded. I've been going for 6 years and never seen it this bad. They closed of the beach by poly and GF for club 33. 15mins before the show start told cast members told those who have been waiting to leave as they expect "a couple hundred people" to show up. We went to the restroom, cam back and went back to our spot.

For the show, I noticed they cut some pyro, but also used a better select and added new effects to the castle.

The water pagent floats were not out this year, not sure if it was due to lightning in the area or not. Hopefully see everyone at EPCOT today!

Attachments

• 20190703_214400.jpg
    20190703_214400.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 20190703_214403(0).jpg
    20190703_214403(0).jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

TimeTrip

It feels super light here at the Studios for a 4th. I suspect everyone is at either Epcot or MK.

We waited about 70 minutes for slinky at around 1040. And it hasn't risen since.

peter11435

Not really...it would involve 1 big fat day off. And the target wdw are the “upper crust” that have this thing called “vacation”
You know what I meant. Holidays always see higher attendance when they fall on fridays or mondays and create long weekends. Yes many many people still make it a long weekend and many have vacation. That’s why the park is busy. But what day a holiday falls on does play a part in attendance.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a fair warning for those who watching the fireworks from outside the park, the poly beach is extremely crowded. I've been going for 6 years and never seen it this bad. They closed of the beach by poly and GF for club 33. 15mins before the show start told cast members told those who have been waiting to leave as they expect "a couple hundred people" to show up. We went to the restroom, cam back and went back to our spot.

For the show, I noticed they cut some pyro, but also used a better select and added new effects to the castle.

The water pagent floats were not out this year, not sure if it was due to lightning in the area or not. Hopefully see everyone at EPCOT today!
That seems very unlike Disney. When there is to be an event they normally close off the area hours before to avoid that exact situation you describe. How were people taking it being told to leave 15 mins before the show?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Uhh Burbank we have a problem?
The holiday fell on a Thursday. Hard to make a long weekend off a single day off.

Possibly, but last year was on a Wednesday and it seemed more crowded.

My guess is just a combination of less AP holders and less people willing to tolerate the potential crowds. Basically everything Disney wants??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom