News 2019 Fourth of July at Walt Disney World

HoldenC

I'm sad to miss the fireworks this year, especially Heartbeat of Freedom, but a 4th of July by the lake sounded more enticing. Hope everyone going enjoys themselves and stays hydrated!! It will be very hot in Central FL this week!

iMax

I'm upset that Heartbeat of Freedom is ending, I guess along with all the other post Illuminations tags. But I guess I'll go get my ears blown off one last time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm upset that Heartbeat of Freedom is ending, I guess along with all the other post Illuminations tags. But I guess I'll go get my ears blown off one last time.
I was more upset about the ending of the original July 4 show that was a 15 minute tag, not a brief 5 minutes like Heartbeat of Freedom.

Hopefully we can see some all new special edition tags for future shows.

jrhwdw

I was more upset about the ending of the original July 4 show that was a 15 minute tag, not a brief 5 minutes like Heartbeat of Freedom.

Hopefully we can see some all new special edition tags for future shows.
15min tag????? When was that? Isn't Heartbeat Of Freedom the longest tag Epcot has done? I don't think Epcot Center's tag from the 90's with Sandi Patti was real long.

Surfin' Tuna

My understanding was this was the last year for Heartbeat of Freedom after Illuminations, since the latter is going away. I did not know they had already decided to scrap Heartbeat moving forward. If they do, I hope they replace it with something equally as good, but...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Looks good. (Wish I could go!) I think I'd particularly enjoy the Voices of Liberty a cappella group, performing the traditional Americana songs on the America Gardens Theatre stage. :)

For those attending the 4th events at WDW, enjoy!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
15min tag????? When was that? Isn't Heartbeat Of Freedom the longest tag Epcot has done? I don't think Epcot Center's tag from the 90's with Sandi Patti was real long.
Sorry, it was 10 minutes not 15.

But almost double Heartbeat of Freedom.

Here is an old video I shot of it - amazing show.

Disone

I am hearing mix reports on the tags. Many have said they were told the tags are ending, others see no reason why the tags (holiday, July 4th, and NYE) cannot be tagged with Epcot Forever. I recent was able to ask an Epcot Pyro Tech and he said he did not know. I cannot imagine Epcot not doing a NYE tag or a 4th of July tag. And the need to keep the barges for ability to do so will likely mean holiday tag sticks around too.

Time will tell.

iMax

I am hearing mix reports on the tags. Many have said they were told the tags are ending, others see no reason why the tags (holiday, July 4th, and NYE) cannot be tagged with Epcot Forever. I recent was able to ask an Epcot Pyro Tech and he said he did not know. I cannot imagine Epcot not doing a NYE tag or a 4th of July tag. And the need to keep the barges for ability to do so will likely mean holiday tag sticks around too.

Time will tell.

As far as I know they didn't announce a special holiday tag for Epcot Forever when they advertised Holidays Around The World for this year.

Surfin' Tuna

This is sad news, but it makes sense with the way things are run now. Why have a holiday tag at Epcot when they can just try to pack more people into MK. The thing is it saves so little money, I cannot imagine them not keeping it. I just worry when I use logic in an attempt to predict the TDO of today.

iMax

This is sad news, but it makes sense with the way things are run now. Why have a holiday tag at Epcot when they can just try to pack more people into MK. The thing is it saves so little money, I cannot imagine them not keeping it. I just worry when I use logic in an attempt to predict the TDO of today.

If they want to cut Epcot's tags to only do special fireworks in Magic Kingdom then we need a brand new 4th of July and New Year's Eve show for the park.

HoldenC

As far as I know they didn't announce a special holiday tag for Epcot Forever when they advertised Holidays Around The World for this year.
Disney didn't say anything in their holiday press. However they announced the new Very Merry show on a random day in the middle of the week, so who knows? I wouldn't be shocked to see the epcot tags go away forever.

Disone

Disney didn't say anything in their holiday press. However they announced the new Very Merry show on a random day in the middle of the week, so who knows? I wouldn't be shocked to see the epcot tags go away forever.
True enough. We shall see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom