2019 Contests

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's that time of year again! Over the next few weeks I will be going back through the contests from this year to determine which ones will stay and which will be going on a sabbatical. While I'm working on that, I want to hear from you!

What contest themes would you like to see next year?
What would you like to do differently?
What can we do to encourage participation?

Please reply here or if you would prefer you can send me a message as well. I'm looking forward to next year's contests and hope to hear some great ideas to make them even better than this year!

I try to get the new calendar up in time for anyone that may be making a Holiday trip to a Disney Park, so I hope to post the new calendar around 12/14. Please have your suggestions in before then so I can work on it. Thanks!

Tony the Tigger

I have often thought, to increase participation, remove this part from the rules:

Please do not attach the photo to your post. Upload it to your own personal site and link the photo. You are responsible to ensure the photo is viewable at all times (and not subject to bandwidth limitations).

Don’t most folks just attach it to the post? Having “extra work” makes me less likely to enter. Maybe this was a rule that was relevant at some point but not so much anymore?

Just a suggestion. Thanks.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Original Poster
I have often thought, to increase participation, remove this part from the rules:

Don’t most folks just attach it to the post? Having “extra work” makes me less likely to enter. Maybe this was a rule that was relevant at some point but not so much anymore?

Just a suggestion. Thanks.

This is mostly for accessibility. There has been several times that I can’t access the photo to post it in the poll. If I can get to it, it doesn’t matter how it’s posted. But if I can’t include it I usually end up with an upset participant. So I have to put something in the rules about what I know will work.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Amber, just a few random thoughts --

I was thinking about the water parks. I know you did a general "water" theme at one point last year, but I don't think you've done a photo contest about the 2 water parks.

Another idea would be photos related to WDW swimming pools, from any of the resorts.

Zipadeelady

One thing I noticed is that to access this thread you have to be on just the home page. If I was in Trip reports then decided to go to another Forum, photography contests isn't there. I have to know where to go to get here. Is there a way to be added to the forum drop down?

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Original Poster
One thing I noticed is that to access this thread you have to be on just the home page. If I was in Trip reports then decided to go to another Forum, photography contests isn't there. I have to know where to go to get here. Is there a way to be added to the forum drop down?

Hmmmmm.....paging @wdwmagic :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom