2018 NCAA Football Thread

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
My hopes for the rest of the season-

OSU wins out, beats Michigan. Watches the playoffs from home and lights a fire for next year.

I feel like I’m talking about the Bengals. :hilarious:

Oh, and I really want to see Bama lose.
That’s beginning to seem like a broken record for tOSU.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
The S&P+ (computer ranking) score difference between Alabama and Florida is about what it was between OSU & Purdue. I don't know if that encourages or discourages me.
Win out......if you wan the easiest path to the CFP you want Kentucky to win the East

You'll be 1 loss Team, and least #7 in the CFP as you would pass Georgia by beating them, and Oklahoma or Texas. Could mova to #5 if Bama wins out (LSU, Kentucky loss in Bama's oath)....the you only need OSU to beat Michigan, and OSU to pick up another loss

Long shot but not impossible!!

You REALLY need Kentucky to lose an SEC Game....as soon as they do your playoffs begin as you'll control your destiny

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
CFP Scenarios for each Top 25 (consolidated to 14):

Win out and you're in
1. Alabama (8-0) -
2. Clemson (7-0)
3. Notre Dame (7-0)
4. LSU (7-1)
7. Georgia (6-1)
12. Kentucky (6-1)

Win out with 1 small caveat:
5. Michigan (7-1) - you're nightmare scenario is BAMA finishing with 1 loss by losing to LSU close. If Bama is undefeated you're in for sure

Win out + Need a little help:
6. Texas (6-1) - need Michigan to lose, AND Bama be undefeated. You still would need OSU not to finish strong
8. Oklahoma (6-1) - Same scenario as Texas
9. Florida (6-1) - 2 scenarios - 1st scenario - Win out + Kentucky SEC Loss

Win out + Need More help:
9. Florida (6-1) - 2nd scenario - Win out + Kentucky wins out + Big 12 and Big 10 Champ has two losses
11. Ohio State (7-1) - Win out and Big 12 Champ is NOT a strong finishing Oklahoma or Texas
13. West Virginia (5-1) - Win out, Big 10 Champ has 2 losses, Florida has 2 losses, and Bama is undefeated,
14. Washington State (6-1) - Big 12 and Big 10 Champ has two losses, Florida has 2 losses, and Bama is undefeated,

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
My hopes for the rest of the season-

OSU wins out, beats Michigan. Watches the playoffs from home and lights a fire for next year.

I feel like I’m talking about the Bengals. :hilarious:

Oh, and I really want to see Bama lose.
Bama REALLY want to play you......at least Clemson came back and defended their championship and gave Bama the chance for revenge

AND, you have to know you're winning out with the schedule you have
That’s beginning to seem like a broken record for tOSU.
You know you want them in.....

winstongator

Win out......if you wan the easiest path to the CFP you want Kentucky to win the East

You'll be 1 loss Team, and least #7 in the CFP as you would pass Georgia by beating them, and Oklahoma or Texas. Could mova to #5 if Bama wins out (LSU, Kentucky loss in Bama's oath)....the you only need OSU to beat Michigan, and OSU to pick up another loss

Long shot but not impossible!!

You REALLY need Kentucky to lose an SEC Game....as soon as they do your playoffs begin as you'll control your destiny
Winning Saturday is more important (and tougher) than Kentucky losing again in conference. Huge game!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Notable this last weekend before the 1st CFP Rankings:

Top 25 Match-ups
#7 UGA vs #9 Florida in Jacksonville
#14 Washington State @ #24 Stanford
#17 Penn State @ #18 Iowa ....Iowa has only 1 loss

Other games with Top 25 Teams
#2 Clemson at Florida State
#13 West Virginia vs. Baylor
#15 Washington @ Cal
#16 Texas A&M @ Mississippi State
#19 Oregon @ Arizona
#20 Wisconsin @ Northwestern
#22 NC State @ Syracuse

#3 Notre Dame vs Navy at San Diego
#8 Oklahoma @ Kansas State
#23 Utah @ UCLA

Captain Barbossa

Great game last homecoming weekend against NC State! Sure wasn’t expecting a blowout. Offensively, no doubt the best passing performance so far. Trevor was very accurate and made some really good throws. Running game was kind of sluggish in terms of yards, but we were able to score 4 TDs on the ground. That’s now 3 games in a row that Etienne has scored 3 TDs. (looking to make it 4) Defense played very well and did a great job shutting down NC State’s passing game. Overall, great division win and the Textile Bowl trophy stays in Clemson for the 7th year in a row.

Nothing like homecoming in the Valley!!
704DA84A-ADCE-4DF2-B96A-49BE078FB9D4.jpeg
E14F0D19-AD7D-4D4A-9C07-384D72CC4124.jpeg
AF295F50-9DBE-4992-BDF3-1127E2F46C5D.jpeg
Can’t get enough of these Clemson sunsets.
29867821-E18C-449B-81FE-EBA9F5D0D08F.jpeg
0680A860-1EB8-4ECB-A4FC-3FE0FC29FC71.jpeg

C82E8DE4-C16E-48D4-AFA6-E9F22B3852E0.jpeg
5A36A7D2-E1AF-4BAB-82E3-EDB6EAFB0583.jpeg
3D45FBA0-1308-4F52-AD80-70924BA0C945.jpeg
3633E5D5-97FC-4C71-A425-F6F685DE4B84.jpeg
F0901F8C-CC54-4EFF-A3E7-6E4E92313BE9.jpeg

Should be a good one tomorrow. No matter their record, FSU always gives us their best. Haven’t won back to back in Tallahassee in a long time. Hopefully that will change tomorrow. Just need to stay focused and take care of business.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Updates/projections after today's games:

1-4
Bama
Clemson
Notre Dame
LSU

5 - Michigan

Then what?

Georgia/Oklahoma??

How high does Kentucky Jump? Washington State? How far does Florida Drop?

Teams still in the hunt:
Bama
Clemson
Notre Dame
LSU
Michigan
Georgia
Oklahoma
Kentucky
Ohio State
West Virginia
Washington State

Bye bye to Florida and Texas as the dream is over

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Everything is coming into focus now. November is a lovely month.
Isn't though!

And dude, did you see the BOTTOM of the Top 25?

21 - Miss State
22 - Virginia
23 - Syracuse
24 - Boston College
25 - Texas A& M

Gee wilikers! Syracuse and A & M have already played Clemson, Boston College plays them in 2 weeks, and Virginia is the probable opponent for the ACC Championship!! So....Clemson's strength of schedule gets an artificial boost.....

Another note....Kentucky didn't move in to Top 10 ahead of their showdown with Georgia!!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
SEC Saturday next weekend....

#1 Bama vs #4 LSU - LSU must win or their out...winner controls SEC West
#6 Georgia vs #11 Kentucky - loser is out, winner controls the SEC East

Other Notables

#14 Penn State a vs #5 Michigan
#12 West Virginia vs #15 Texas

Captain Barbossa

Look, I know FSU is bad, but 59-10?! I’m not complaining at all, but I definitely wasn’t expecting that. With it being a division rivalry game, I thought they might put up a little more of a fight. Anyways, good game! It always warms my heart to watch FSU suffer. The offense played very well, led by Trevor’s record breaking performance. The defense played good too. How many yards did FSU run for? Oh yeah, -21! Overall, good division win.

It should be a good one tomorrow in the Valley. Things might get ugly pretty early. Let’s open up a can of butt whooping on Petrino!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Look, I know FSU is bad, but 59-10?! I’m not complaining at all, but I definitely wasn’t expecting that. With it being a division rivalry game, I thought they might put up a little more of a fight. Anyways, good game! It always warms my heart to watch FSU suffer. The offense played very well, led by Trevor’s record breaking performance. The defense played good too. How many yards did FSU run for? Oh yeah, -21! Overall, good division win.

It should be a good one tomorrow in the Valley. Things might get ugly pretty early. Let’s open up a can of butt whooping on Petrino!
My how things have changed in the last year.....remember when he FSU/Clemson game and Iron Bowl were National Quarter Final Games?

The 5 Five Championships:
BCS (Last BCS Championship Game)
2013 - FSU vs Auburn - Winner of Clemson/FSU and Iron Bowl Played in Championship Game

CFP
2014 - Alabama, Oregon, FSU, Ohio State - Winner of Clemson/FSU and Iron Bowl made CFP
2015 - Clemson, Alabama, Michigan State, Oklahoma - Winner of Clemson/FSU and Iron Bowl made CFP and Play in Championship Game
2016 - Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Washington - Winner of Clemson/FSU and Iron Bowl made CFP and Play in Championship Game
2017 - Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama - Alabama Loses the Iron Bowl but still goes

Basically the Clemson/FSU and Iron Bowl matchups have produced HALF of the CFP each year

Just thought I'd throw you this bone - Do you realize what you did in 2016? You beat Auburn early in the season, FSU later in the season, and Ohio State and Bama in the CFP that year? THAT WAS THE LAST 7 National Champions all defeated in one season!!

2015 Alabama CFP
2014 Ohio State CFP
2013 Florida State BCS
2012 Alabama BCS
2011 Alabama BCS
2010 Auburn BCS
2009 Alabama BCS

Good luck against Lou LOU....this were supposed to be decent this year, and then their star shined on to the NFL

Captain Barbossa

Good division win last Saturday against Louisville. Was hoping we’d break 80, but I’ll take 77. :joyfull: Offensively, it was a very balanced and explosive game. Good mixture of run and pass. We just kept scoring no matter who we put out on the field. The O line played very well too. Defense played good and was able to force some turnovers. Just want to point out that Louisville’s 2 TDs was against our 3rd and 4th team D. Overall, good win.

9C76994D-2E9E-4A68-AE9D-32E24C9016B9.jpeg
7D2F3AFE-D917-457D-A6CF-32955C71E72A.jpeg
512A0F49-9C9E-4C3D-A6E8-7CBB0D83944B.jpeg
C8ACDDDE-C121-4449-AF12-3B9B58FB6BD1.jpeg
A79A328D-C4EB-418C-96D1-02F6F0672D42.jpeg
DC58D74A-EA97-41C2-BA40-847A6F5F1594.jpeg

Should be a good one Saturday night. BC is a physical team and always play their best against us. Got a chance to clinch the Atlantic division title. Just need to focus and take care of business.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Here we go for tomorrow:

#10 Ohio State @ #18 Michigan State - Ohio State still controls there own destiny
#16 Miss State @ #1 Bama - will this even be close?
#2 Clemson @ #17 BC
#24 Auburn @ #5 Georgia
FSU @ #3 Notre Dame - wow...what this used to mean.....

Here is the remaining hopefuls:

Win out and in:
Bama
Clemson
Notre Dame*
Michigan*
Georgia
Ohio State*
*If Bama loses to Georgia, this could throw a wrench into everything

Win out and need some help:
Oklahoma (Would be Big 12 Champ) - need Michigan AND Ohio State to have 2 losses
West Virginia (Would be Big 12 Champ) - need Michigan AND Ohio State to have 2 losses
Washington State - Need Oklahoma, West Virginia, Michigan AND Ohio State to have 2 losses

Win out and need too much to mention
LSU

Can lose and STILL GO:
Bama - 1st scenario- Lose Regular Season Game and win SEC Championship, 2nd Scenario - Lose SEC Championship and Michigan does not win Big 10
Clemson - lose REGULAR Season game and win ACC Championship

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom