2024 NASCAR

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Congratulations to the #24 Chevrolet -- William Byron, for his win yesterday at the Daytona 500! (Hendrick Motorsports)

1708431958704.png

Photo credit: USA TODAY Sports

wdwfan4ver

Derek Kraus is going to do a limited cup schedule with Kaulig Racing in the 16 car. The races Derek will be racing in 1st Las Vegas Motor Speedway race, 1st Phoenix Raceway race, 1st Darlington race, World Wide Technology Raceway, and 2nd Phoenix Raceway Race.

wdwfan4ver

The athletic is reporting that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is leaving NBC for Amazon and Warner Bros. Discovery for broadcasting in 2025 that including Dale Jr. being in the booth for 10 cup races.. As far as this year goes, it sounds like Dale Earnhardt Jr. is not going to be on NBC at all.

What caused Dale Earnhardt Jr to go to Amazon and Warner Bros. Discovery is the new Contract NASCAR has for multiple networks starting next year. That means there is a bidding war for existing tv talent if they are not under contract for this year of for 2025 and I know Dale Earnhardt Jr. had no contract with NBC this year. As for as Amazon and Warner Bros. Discovery goes, expect more announcements later this year or early part of 2025 for 2025 NASCAR coverage.

I mentioned the new TV deal during the off season and there would be networks/stations covering NASCAR starting in 2025 compared to now. NBC is one of NASCAR broadcasting partners for the new contract that starts new year and there is question about their tv booth now that I am sure that will be answered for the 2024 season.

wdwfan4ver

I found out that Rick will only be calling NASCAR Races for NBC through the Summer Olympics. Leigh Duffy is supposed to be calling some races for NBC later in the year.

I am very familiar with Leigh Duffy because he's in the booth for Indy Car races. Leigh does a very good job of announcing Indycar Races.

wdwfan4ver

A sinkhole unearthed a possible moonshine cave underneath North Wilkesboro Speedway's frontstretch Grandstands.

I do know North Wilkesboro Speedway first opened in 1947, but I didn't recalled reading anything about the grandstand concreate being replaced prior to to the sinkhole being discovered.

wdwfan4ver

As far as moonshine stuff underneath a part of a race track goes, it would not be the first time in the history of NASCAR.

Back in 1967 the federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives discovered a moonshine distillery under an underground bunker in turn 3 at Middle Georgia Raceway:jawdrop:. The thing is the race track was allowed to host more NASCAR cup races after that discovery till NASCAR decided not to schedule any cup races at the race for the 1972 season.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom