2020-Gaming discussion

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Microsoft and Sony give away free games, Nintendo I know lets give them a Full game but they can only play it for a limited time....

Voxel

President of Progress City
Microsoft and Sony give away free games, Nintendo I know lets give them a Full game but they can only play it for a limited time....
I mean in all fairness you pay triple the price for Xbox/PS's online access so is it really "free".

Underdog

Not everyone can afford a high end PC nowadays and with them constantly needing upgrades to play the newest games, yes, there is a need for next gen consoles.

Microsoft CEO Says Sony Approached Them About Collaborative Partnership

Agreed - I stopped trying to keep up with PC hardware years ago. Overall investment, for the amount of time I had, didn’t match. I’ve kinda enjoyed the past few months of games on my PS4 Pro and my Switch.

I’m interested to see how streaming affects the gaming market over the next 3-5 years. The explosion of subscription services competing for consumer dollars could be an issue along with the things like user bandwidth limitations and companies that don’t inspire confidence they’ll support their product... like Google.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Agreed - I stopped trying to keep up with PC hardware years ago. Overall investment, for the amount of time I had, didn’t match. I’ve kinda enjoyed the past few months of games on my PS4 Pro and my Switch.

I’m interested to see how streaming affects the gaming market over the next 3-5 years. The explosion of subscription services competing for consumer dollars could be an issue along with the things like user bandwidth limitations and companies that don’t inspire confidence they’ll support their product... like Google.
Right there with you.

I switched from PC gaming to console about 2007ish due to frustration with a new gaming rig build. Every time I was ready to pull the trigger, news about a new this or that or a possible price drop next week on a particular component always had me hedging.

I finally gave up at purchased a 360 Elite and it has been a pretty happy gaming life since.

I did eventually purchase a gaming rig, but I use it almost soley for work. The last game I actively played on it was Borderlands 2.

Voxel

Right there with you.

I switched from PC gaming to console about 2007ish due to frustration with a new gaming rig build. Every time I was ready to pull the trigger, news about a new this or that or a possible price drop next week on a particular component always had me hedging.

I finally gave up at purchased a 360 Elite and it has been a pretty happy gaming life since.

I did eventually purchase a gaming rig, but I use it almost soley for work. The last game I actively played on it was Borderlands 2.
For me it depends on the types of games. I prefer PC gaming for City Builders, Simulation games, and anythign I plan on playing multiplayer with my Crew.

The Switch has become my primary console for the most part due to the portability and the quickness. I'm in a game before my Xbox even turns on. Plus with the switch my GF and I and swap who is playing. It just fits my lifestyle more. Now i just need more J-RPGS to come out on the switch.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For me it depends on the types of games. I prefer PC gaming for City Builders, Simulation games, and anythign I plan on playing multiplayer with my Crew.

The Switch has become my primary console for the most part due to the portability and the quickness. I'm in a game before my Xbox even turns on. Plus with the switch my GF and I and swap who is playing. It just fits my lifestyle more. Now i just need more J-RPGS to come out on the switch.
RTS games are without question one of the formats that shined on a PC, but that might be changing now that most modern consoles are natively supporting a keyboard and mouse as long as the game publisher enables it.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

I too only use my laptop for simulation games or for games like Fire Pro. Everything else is either played on Switch, Xbox or PS4.

Voxel

RTS games are without question one of the formats that shined on a PC, but that might be changing now that most modern consoles are natively supporting a keyboard and mouse as long as the game publisher enables it.
Agreed with this. My next PC Build will be my last for a long time, just in time for my next few binges (Planet Zoo and transport Fever 2)

Jahona

I wasn't allowed to have a console in my house growing up so I was raised on PC gaming. I own every current console on top of my gaming rig. The consoles collect dust, except maybe the switch that comes on the train with me from time to time. For me the PC has a greater community around it. I log in to TeamSpeak or Discord even when just browsing. I catch up with friends and I feel like I have better integration and communication.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom