2020-Gaming discussion

Underdog

My unpopular opinion: I REALLY like super mario 64 ds. I consider it my favorite, though mario odyssey plays better control wise.

I actually had a similar discussion with some co-workers a while ago. It was 'confess your biggest hardcore gaming sins, no judgement.' It was fun and interesting. Maybe a thread about that would be fun to read and get to know each other...

erasure fan1

I get 3D platformers aren't for everyone. Over-rated though? Is there some other 3D platformer that is better or... just not your cup of tea?
Keep in mind, when I say something is overrated, that doesn't mean it's bad. Mario 64 just never did it for me. I never saw the greatness that everyone else saw. It was always just, it's ok, not bad not great. I don't mind 3d platformers but most of the 2d versions I enjoy more. My favorite 3d platformer was rayman 2 on dreamcast.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
<peeks in crack in blast doors>
Your thoughts on SM Galaxy, 1 and 2? Curious, that's all...
I never finished either game (especially 2), so I don't really have a definitive opinion on them, but I didn't like the linearity in the worlds that much (especially 2 once again with its world map). Part of the reason why I like Mario Sunshine and Sonic Adventure (and Mario 64 by extension) is the hubs to not only access levels, but to interact with the environment in a mostly safe setting.

erasure fan1

EA Confirms New Plants Vs. Zombies Shooter, Probably Garden Warfare 3

I enjoyed the crap out of the last one, if this is indeed GW3 I will be playing it on release.
Suprisingly enough, garden warfare 1 and 2 were really good. They made a lot of improvements from the first to the second. I'd be in for a 3rd if they expanded the single player options more and added more variety in bosses in garden ops mode.

Mike S

I'm calling it right now, Tetris 99 > Fortnite, PUBG, H1Z1, DayZ and all the other battle royale games that look exactly the same.
I’ll stick to Fortnite. It’s free and I don’t need to buy Nintendo Online to play it. I’m still waiting for significant improvements to the classic games available since that’s the most interesting part to me.

erasure fan1

I don't have a switch, but if I did, I would pick this up first thing. I hope it sells well, I would love a new full blown zelda in this style rather than the breath of the wild style.

Mike S

I don't have a switch, but if I did, I would pick this up first thing. I hope it sells well, I would love a new full blown zelda in this style rather than the breath of the wild style.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
There is nothing new with the new Crackdown, its like they just took 1 and 2 and just spruced up the graphics

erasure fan1

There is nothing new with the new Crackdown, its like they just took 1 and 2 and just spruced up the graphics
Phil Spencer for the most part had said that the game was just like the original. On major nelsons podcast phil basically said, for better or worse, its crackdown. If you liked the original, you should like this one. I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing since I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yes if you liked the other crackdowns then you will love this one too its just 6 years for essentially the same game is almost EA levels of meh

erasure fan1

Yes if you liked the other crackdowns then you will love this one too its just 6 years for essentially the same game is almost EA levels of meh
If we ended up with something that is basically the original game, in a more or less shiny new package, that's better than I would have thought. When games go through the delays like this one did, the end result is usually pretty bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom