2020-Gaming discussion

Mike S

I'm a huge fan of castlevania and while I liked some of the 3d stuff like lords of shadow, the 2d has always been my favorite. That is how I feel about Metroid as well. I know it's blasphemy but I feel the same about mario, the side scrolling games are the best. Mario 64, completely over-rated in my eyes.

**ducks and runs**
tumblr_inline_ocytrl3LZX1snqrh9_500.gif

Johnny Three-hats

You and a lot of others. I know I am the odd man out on this one. Except I'm fairly confident that most of the world agrees with me on this one when it comes to Sonic the hedgehog. It's 2d all the way, everyone can agree with that. :cool:
I can throw a wrench in that "everyone". I don't like the 2D Sonic games very much at all, for as many times as I've tried to enjoy them, but the Adventure games are some of my all time favorites, and I wish Sonic Team would stop cramming all this 2D into the modern games. Along with a laundry list of other complaints about the modern games. But yeah, that's an opinion I'm very aware is not the most popular, even among fans of 3D Sonic.

Mike S

You and a lot of others. I know I am the odd man out on this one. Except I'm fairly confident that most of the world agrees with me on this one when it comes to Sonic the hedgehog. It's 2d all the way, everyone can agree with that. :cool:
You don’t like World on SNES?

erasure fan1

I can throw a wrench in that "everyone". I don't like the 2D Sonic games very much at all, for as many times as I've tried to enjoy them, but the Adventure games are some of my all time favorites, and I wish Sonic Team would stop cramming all this 2D into the modern games. Along with a laundry list of other complaints about the modern games. But yeah, that's an opinion I'm very aware is not the most popular, even among fans of 3D Sonic.
I didn't mind sonic adventure 1 and 2 but after that there isn't much that I like with 3d sonic. I thought generations was a good mix of the 2 but still enjoyed the side scrolling parts the best. And sonic mania was the best sonic since sonic cd for me. You don't see too many 3d sonic fans but hey, that's what makes the world go round. Different things for different people.

Johnny Three-hats

My favorite 3D platformers are Super Mario Sunshine and Sonic Adventure

*closes blast doors*
High five, my dude. Mario Sunshine is my favorite Mario to date, even with its quirks. And, while I favor Sonic Adventure 2 personally, Sonic Adventure is and always shall be a favorite of mine as well. Something about the way all these games control, a particular mood, and, of course, a healthy dose of nostalgia all make me come back to them regularly.

TwilightZone

Heck no. 3D World (and Land) were fine but they felt like they took too much influence from the NSMB series and those got boring with the Wii version for me. NSMB DS was the best one.
NSMB DS needs more love tbh.
I'm hoping future mario has mario odyssey influences. Rather travel different kingdoms for the next 1 million games then "ice world" "grass world" etc.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Today marks the end of the Wii Shop Channel, and with it Nintendo's overall online support for the Wii. The Wii Shop Channel was many people's first foray into digital gaming and allowed them to play many retro games they might not have been able to play otherwise through virtual console.

RIP 2006-2019

TwilightZone

Today marks the end of the Wii Shop Channel, and with it Nintendo's overall online support for the Wii. The Wii Shop Channel was many people's first foray into digital gaming and allowed them to play many retro games they might not have been able to play otherwise through virtual console.

RIP 2006-2019
RIP man. Loved the virtual console back in the day. Maybe I will play some paper mario or something as a good bye.

Underdog

I'm a huge fan of castlevania and while I liked some of the 3d stuff like lords of shadow, the 2d has always been my favorite. That is how I feel about Metroid as well. I know it's blasphemy but I feel the same about mario, the side scrolling games are the best. Mario 64, completely over-rated in my eyes.

ducks and runs

No need to run... I think ;););)

I think there's a place for 2D side scrollers. I'm still digging into Hollow Knight and there are some other Metroidvania's I think I'd like to jump into at some point. I think they definitely care and crafting so they get the experience they deserve

Mario 64 was the game that really introduced what was possible with 3D games. It was one of my favorite experiences in my gaming history. I don't always go back and play it but I have some great memories of the experience.

I get 3D platformers aren't for everyone. Over-rated though? Is there some other 3D platformer that is better or... just not your cup of tea?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom