2020-Gaming discussion

Mike S

I’d describe it more like the Event Mode with a large focus on the spirits (which are like the Stickers from Brawl with an RPG leveling system and Tamagotchi-like elements). Most of the fights are with spirits, that recreate an element of that character (Bomberman being a Link who favors down specials, Snorlax being King K Rools who will just stand there in a stamina battle, etc.). The spirit will join you after you have defeated it, which you can equip to help it help you in battle. Certain Spirits can also affect the world you travel (Kapp’n lending you his boat, etc.). There are no side scrolling sections in World of Light (at least what I’ve seen so far),
Thanks. I’m still on the fence with this game. What I want most is a strong single player.

TwilightZone

Forgot to mention this, but within the last month I beat Soul Melter and Soul Melter EX in Kirby Star Allies.

Though, I did it with a team, don't think I will ever attempt it solo.

erasure fan1

Anyone play shadow complex? Just started playing, seems like a pretty good Metroidvania game so far. It just entered game pass on xbox.

erasure fan1

This is awesome for a fan game

Yea that's very cool. My number one most wanted game is another Knights of the old republic. But my next most wanted is a real jurassic park game. None of these park builders but a go to the island open world adventure/survival game. To explore the original island as an open world and be able to go in all the buildings would be amazing.

TwilightZone

Metroid Prime 4 is now being developed on by Retro Studios, wonder what that means for whatever Retro has been developing for the last 5 years.

Maybe this is what they have been working on. And that last studio was a ruse.
Maybe I've gone too conspiracy theory for my own good.

erasure fan1

Just like castlevania, I want another 2d side scrolling Metroid. The 3d prime series never did it for me. But the GBA Metroids I love, and the DS remake of 2. I would love a grand scale 2d adventure, I might consider a switch if they did one.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Anyone ever play a simulation type game called Cinema Tycoon 2? It's essentially like running a movie theater and you have to keep everything stocked and films rotated in and out. It's definitely time consuming.

erasure fan1

Hush your mouth. Prime is amazing ;)
I'm a huge fan of castlevania and while I liked some of the 3d stuff like lords of shadow, the 2d has always been my favorite. That is how I feel about Metroid as well. I know it's blasphemy but I feel the same about mario, the side scrolling games are the best. Mario 64, completely over-rated in my eyes.

**ducks and runs**

TwilightZone

I'm a huge fan of castlevania and while I liked some of the 3d stuff like lords of shadow, the 2d has always been my favorite. That is how I feel about Metroid as well. I know it's blasphemy but I feel the same about mario, the side scrolling games are the best. Mario 64, completely over-rated in my eyes.

**ducks and runs**
Not all the side scrolling games.
*looks at New Super Mario Bros 2.*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom