2020-Gaming discussion

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, I would have bought it if they had a disc release. I have the game and it gets played on my master system all the time. Castle of Illusion got a nice remake as well but it's no longer available. I would love for them to make new games within these series.
It got a physical release on the Switch, IDK about PS4 or Xbone

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Telltale Games just shut down out of nowhere. Conclusions for WD and other titles scrapped. One of my favourite studios. I'm honestly stunned.

Well, when you basically make the same game over and over with the same story that you really have no control over no matter what choices you make, the public figured them out. Thats not to say they made bad games, they didn't and some were exceptional but in the end they never moved forward with their style of game and made it more than what they stagnated at. Everything after Tales from the Borderlands was crap in my opinion, and they woke up one day and realized they had no money. I feel bad for all the people who lost their jobs and rumors are spreading Telltale just hired people who moved across country to join them only to be fired. What about the people who bought the last Walking Dead series, its dying unfinished are they going to get appropriate refunds for the missing content?

Good bye Telltale don't come back.

I was a sega fanboy to the core through the dreamcast. There are SO many sega games that beg to be brought into modern times, not just saturn. The shining games, classic phantasy star, panzer dragoon, zillion, wonderboy, landstalker. I could go on and on. Unfortunately sega is just a shell of its former self. Once they stopped making hardware, it was down hill.

I don't know how possible it is for Saturn titles to be remastered in any form. There is Nights on the PC but I don't see anything or recall other titles from that system being remastered. I remember reading somewhere online most of the Saturn's library is difficult to rework and would have to be remade from the ground up which is pointless because the system was considered a failure to begin with. All the Camelot produced Saturn games, basically the Shining Force 3 series, the code was lost during the tsunami and the producer said there was no way to remake it.

The Saturn is probably the only system where the games truly have resale value because I don't see them being repackaged anytime soon. Fingers crossed for a mini system but thats just a pipe dream.

erasure fan1

I don't know how possible it is for Saturn titles to be remastered in any form. There is Nights on the PC but I don't see anything or recall other titles from that system being remastered. I remember reading somewhere online most of the Saturn's library is difficult to rework and would have to be remade from the ground up which is pointless because the system was considered a failure to begin with. All the Camelot produced Saturn games, basically the Shining Force 3 series, the code was lost during the tsunami and the producer said there was no way to remake it.

The Saturn is probably the only system where the games truly have resale value because I don't see them being repackaged anytime soon. Fingers crossed for a mini system but thats just a pipe dream.
Anything old school sega being remade, reworked, rebooted... is mostly a pipe deam. I know the system wasn't a huge success, but it had some fantastic games that deserve to be revisited. Unfortunately sega is mainly focused on mobile games and not utilizing its back catalog. Not that it would matter at this point, most gamers have no clue what 95% of segas classics are anyway.

The_Jobu

Well, when you basically make the same game over and over with the same story that you really have no control over no matter what choices you make, the public figured them out. Thats not to say they made bad games, they didn't and some were exceptional but in the end they never moved forward with their style of game and made it more than what they stagnated at. Everything after Tales from the Borderlands was crap in my opinion, and they woke up one day and realized they had no money. I feel bad for all the people who lost their jobs and rumors are spreading Telltale just hired people who moved across country to join them only to be fired. What about the people who bought the last Walking Dead series, its dying unfinished are they going to get appropriate refunds for the missing content?

Good bye Telltale don't come back.

Badly run company but I still like what they did, even Batman and the last WD. They rode their teams too hard and lost a lot of key talent. I'll miss their niche.

Apparently Netflix is saying they'll produce the Stranger Things game themselves. I have no idea how that's going to work.

Mike S

Badly run company but I still like what they did, even Batman and the last WD. They rode their teams too hard and lost a lot of key talent. I'll miss their niche.

Apparently Netflix is saying they'll produce the Stranger Things game themselves. I have no idea how that's going to work.
Maybe they’ll hire all the ex devs that are now free to work?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
With the input device thing that may get a bit trickier as MS has announced KB and Mouse support coming to XBOX.

Mike S

Two thoughts.

1. I hope they have separate queues by input device. You can't have mouse-and-keyboard playing alongside controllers in a shooter. Not even close to balanced.

2. I hope Blizzard follows suit so I can merge my Overwatch skins.
With the input device thing that may get a bit trickier as MS has announced KB and Mouse support coming to XBOX.
I believe Epic already announced keyboard and mouse would be paired up with PC.

erasure fan1

While this was a win for gamers, it was a lose lose for Sony. If they hold out, they are the bad guys. Give in and you admit you were stupid and wrong. I still think because how they handled this, it will hurt them next gen. Yea they changed but the arrogance was amazing. They still make it seem like they're the good guys in all this. Welcome to corporate spin. The ceo saying things like we won't support cross play because our platform is the best, end of conversation, now just makes them look weak and scared. The amazing part in all this is the power of fortnite. I guess you can't mess with 500 million a month, or whatever obscene dollar amount they are making at this point.

Mike S

While this was a win for gamers, it was a lose lose for Sony. If they hold out, they are the bad guys. Give in and you admit you were stupid and wrong. I still think because how they handled this, it will hurt them next gen. Yea they changed but the arrogance was amazing. They still make it seem like they're the good guys in all this. Welcome to corporate spin. The ceo saying things like we won't support cross play because our platform is the best, end of conversation, now just makes them look weak and scared. The amazing part in all this is the power of fortnite. I guess you can't mess with 500 million a month, or whatever obscene dollar amount they are making at this point.
Cross Platform play will only get bigger once the big publishers jump in with all the sports and shooty bang bang games. CoD would be a megaton.

erasure fan1

Cross Platform play will only get bigger once the big publishers jump in with all the sports and shooty bang bang games. CoD would be a megaton.
Oh it will for sure be the standard. Even if a publisher doesn't want to, they will be forced to just because your game could be left behind if you don't. Of course any sane business person can see (except sony) that cross play gives you an extreme player base increase, potentially extending your game much much longer. In tern making you more money.

Mike S

Oh it will for sure be the standard. Even if a publisher doesn't want to, they will be forced to just because your game could be left behind if you don't. Of course any sane business person can see (except sony) that cross play gives you an extreme player base increase, potentially extending your game much much longer. In tern making you more money.
Cross Platform is a huge gain for any third parties. Leave it to first parties to try and sell their respective systems.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Sooo Jay reviews the RTX 2080 and 2080ti

His reviews echos my experience but I'll go one step further.

I replaced a GTX 1070 with a RTX 2080ti on a Ryzen 1600x and the upgrade is mediocre at best. You cannot play with a 1080 resolution with these new cards, they scream for at the very least 1440. I can get insane frame rates for Overwatch on the Ryzen, the game caps at 300fps and I'm getting 210fps at 1440! But at 4k it drops to 100. I haven't dug into the new Tomb Raider yet or Final Fantasy 15 but at 4k Im hoping for at least 50-60. Final Fantasy supports 8k resolution but I highly doubt I would get anything playable.

Price for performance still favors the GTX 1000 series. Am I sorry I bought the new card? No because I have to try the new tech but I won't recommend them not until the ray tracing becomes the gaming standard.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We should start seeing updated Benchmark videos now that the Windows Oct update has come out and DXR has been added to allow for all the new fancy stuff that the new cards can do.

erasure fan1

Ahead of the kingdom hearts 3 release, Square is releasing a compilation that has 9 kingdom hearts games called the story so far. Sounds great, except its only PS4. If anything, this should be only Xbox as they have NEVER had a kingdom Hearts game. I've never liked Square, and this is the kind of nonsense why. I really hope KH3 has nothing to do with 1 or 2 and has a pretty stand alone story. Or the xbox version better have a great story intro to catch people up. If you want to be multi system with a series, it's just bad business to ignore one of them and make them watch you tube vids to figure out whats going on. Unless the game gets 10s, I think I'll skip it.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Ahead of the kingdom hearts 3 release, Square is releasing a compilation that has 9 kingdom hearts games called the story so far. Sounds great, except its only PS4. If anything, this should be only Xbox as they have NEVER had a kingdom Hearts game. I've never liked Square, and this is the kind of nonsense why. I really hope KH3 has nothing to do with 1 or 2 and has a pretty stand alone story. Or the xbox version better have a great story intro to catch people up. If you want to be multi system with a series, it's just bad business to ignore one of them and make them watch you tube vids to figure out whats going on. Unless the game gets 10s, I think I'll skip it.

I'm definitely buying the compilation even if its PS4 exclusive. I absolutely loved the first KH but never played any of the others in the series and never knew there was 9 total games. 9 total games on one disk is good snowed in winter night stuff.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Considering that the majority of the games have been Playstation exclusive.........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom