2020-Gaming discussion

Mike S

Nah I think they'd keep it the same price. People would be outraged if they increased the price for each older console.
I could see NES and SNES games staying at the $20 price with maybe GameBoy/Color/Advanced also added in. To add N64 and it could be $30 for the year subscription, and then GameCube and Wii could be $40 per year. That’s how I see it anyway.

These are totals btw, not added on top of the initial $20. The full subscription that gets all the games would be the $40 price. It would be nice to get everything for $20 but I don’t think that’s realistic at all.

Last edited:

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I could see NES and SNES games staying at the $20 price with maybe GameBoy/Color/Advanced also added in. To add N64 and it could be $30 for the year subscription, and then GameCube and Wii could be $40 per year. That’s how I see it anyway.

These are totals btw, not added on top of the initial $20. The full subscription that gets all the games would be the $40 price. It would be nice to get everything for $20 but I don’t think that’s realistic at all.

I would love to see true HD Gamecube emulation and would pay $100 a year to play those games again.

On a side note, for PC owners Green Man Gaming has a great series of bundles with 100% of all proceeds going to a UK based charity that helps children and young adults. I mention this because the top bundle for $10 offers the absolutely amazing MetaL Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain as one of the ten games included. All bundles are $10 and there 5 total and each one is totally worth the $10.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/gamesaid-10-game-charity-bundle-alpha-pc/

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I will prob wait for my fav streamer to play it first then I can decide if its something I want to play.

Johnny Three-hats

I've been on the fence with regard to Fallout 76. I love the Fallout franchise, but I'm not sold on this online game, I prefer single player games, but still, is Fallout...
Myself, I'm erring on the side of giving it a hard pass. Fallout 4 was already a huge disappointment for me, and now it seems like Bethesda is completely bucking what I liked about Fallout, ie, the stories, the characters, the strong sense of making an effect on your respective wasteland. At the point where most of that is gone, is it really Fallout? Or is it just a shooter MMO thing that uses Fallout assets? I'll reserve judgment for what we see on release, but I'm not hopeful. I'm not even that hopeful that the game will be any kind of hit, especially with the PC version being exclusive to Bethesda.net. We'll see.

erasure fan1

Myself, I'm erring on the side of giving it a hard pass. Fallout 4 was already a huge disappointment for me, and now it seems like Bethesda is completely bucking what I liked about Fallout, ie, the stories, the characters, the strong sense of making an effect on your respective wasteland. At the point where most of that is gone, is it really Fallout? Or is it just a shooter MMO thing that uses Fallout assets? I'll reserve judgment for what we see on release, but I'm not hopeful. I'm not even that hopeful that the game will be any kind of hit, especially with the PC version being exclusive to Bethesda.net. We'll see.
Yea the online trend with single player games is annoying. It seems that 76 is just an off shoot so 5 should still be the traditional single player game. I won't get 76, it just isn't my type of game.

Mike S

Anyone thinking of getting a Switch soon but doesn’t care about Fortnite? This bundle doesn’t cost anything extra over the standard set so if someone would be nice enough to give me the code, that’d be great. Lol.
nintendo_switch_fortnite_bundle.jpg

erasure fan1

I find it funny they announce it, start pre-ordering, but only list like 3 games of the 20. Gotta admire the confidence.

This is one I will skip for sure. PS1 was one of my least favorite systems. I have all the games I would want for my PS1 so I'm not real sure what they could put on it that would make it worth $100 for me.

I will say this makes me appreciate Microsoft and how they have embraced backwards compatibility. No need to make a mini OG xbox. I can play kotor, crimson skies... on my one or 360.

Mike S

This will be the hot thing this Christmas. Personally I need a to see the list of games, FF 7 while important and great is completely played out for me.
It’ll have to fight with both Nintendo classics this holiday. It’ll be interesting to see which come out on top.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Unless it has Wipeout and Demolition Derby I wont be having it, esp Wipeout that game drove sales in the UK.

The_Jobu

Telltale Games just shut down out of nowhere. Conclusions for WD and other titles scrapped. One of my favourite studios. I'm honestly stunned.

erasure fan1

There are many Saturn games just begging for re-relases on modern systems
I was a sega fanboy to the core through the dreamcast. There are SO many sega games that beg to be brought into modern times, not just saturn. The shining games, classic phantasy star, panzer dragoon, zillion, wonderboy, landstalker. I could go on and on. Unfortunately sega is just a shell of its former self. Once they stopped making hardware, it was down hill.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I was a sega fanboy to the core through the dreamcast. There are SO many sega games that beg to be brought into modern times, not just saturn. The shining games, classic phantasy star, panzer dragoon, zillion, wonderboy, landstalker. I could go on and on. Unfortunately sega is just a shell of its former self. Once they stopped making hardware, it was down hill.
Wonder Boy III The Dragon's Trap did get an indie remake (with Sega's blessing) last year which is extremely faithful, to the point where you can switch between new and retro graphics and sound at a button press.

erasure fan1

Wonder Boy III The Dragon's Trap did get an indie remake (with Sega's blessing) last year which is extremely faithful, to the point where you can switch between new and retro graphics and sound at a button press.
Yes, I would have bought it if they had a disc release. I have the game and it gets played on my master system all the time. Castle of Illusion got a nice remake as well but it's no longer available. I would love for them to make new games within these series.

Sharon&Susan

Telltale Games just shut down out of nowhere. Conclusions for WD and other titles scrapped. One of my favourite studios. I'm honestly stunned.
They haven’t completely shut down, they still have a small staff of under 30 for "obligations" such as another season of Minecraft Story Mode. But, other than that and the Switch port of Batman Season 2, that seems to have been finished months ago, they're completely done for.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom