2020-Gaming discussion

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Surprising that there adding Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition on Switch since it's been a long time a main Final Fantasy game was on a Nintendo console since Final Fantasy VI.

Switch gets the “Pocket Edition”?

Are you freaking serious?

The pocket edition doesn’t even have all the regular features the standard game has, it’s broke up into episodes and there is no free roaming the world which is what XV is all about, the guys bonding over their struggle. I would be ed off if that’s the only version released for the Switch, it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played with the second best ending to a game ever made, after Metal Gear 3 Snake Eater.

I see no reason the Switch can’t do the original game justice this is just laziness on Squenix.

Speaking of Squenix, Dragon Quest 11 is easily the best DQ in years. 40 hours in and I haven’t gotten half way. So far 9.5/10.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Switch gets the “Pocket Edition”?

Are you freaking serious?

The pocket edition doesn’t even have all the regular features the standard game has, it’s broke up into episodes and there is no free roaming the world which is what XV is all about, the guys bonding over their struggle. I would be ****ed off if that’s the only version released for the Switch, it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played with the second best ending to a game ever made, after Metal Gear 3 Snake Eater.

I see no reason the Switch can’t do the original game justice this is just laziness on Squenix.

Speaking of Squenix, Dragon Quest 11 is easily the best DQ in years. 40 hours in and I haven’t gotten half way. So far 9.5/10.
Actually there are a few key reasons the switch can’t handle Final Fantasy XV. The key being the stupid luminous engine (or what ever they called it). They couldn’t even get the game having correct frame pacing on the PS4 and PS4 pro. (Strangely enough the normal Xbox one has lower frame rates but proper frame pacing making for a more enjoyable play experience)

The engine that was used is a beast, it’s a great performer but it’s only optimize for the systems it was built on. If the game was on the unreal engine (like kingdom hearts 3 or final fantasy VII remake) than I would completely agree that it’s an easy port. As it stands right now they would have to probably rewrite a large chunk of the final fantasy XV game engine to get it to even boot on the switch. This was because the engine was built around the x64 architecture and not ARM like the switch.

Sure all this could be done but my understanding Square has abondoned all work on that game engine in favor for going to unreal.. enough tech talk.. lol

But than again, I won’t touch XV again. It was fun but weak story. I didn’t have the connection to it like I did X or VII or even XIII

Sharon&Susan

Ohh never mind. They are streaming it. Interesting. I wonder how well that will work
If it works anything like the RE7 cloud edition it’ll work well in Japan, but unless if you have really good internet, it’ll be impossible to play past the first minute.

Voxel

If it works anything like the RE7 cloud edition it’ll work well in Japan, but unless if you have really good internet, it’ll be impossible to play past the first minute.
I can’t speak for Home network connections in japan. By my experience with WiFi in japan is that it’s decnet. Cellular speeds aren’t amazing by any standard.

Sharon&Susan

I can’t speak for Home network connections in japan. By my experience with WiFi in japan is that it’s decnet. Cellular speeds aren’t amazing by any standard.
All I can say is that I’ve heard that RE7 runs well for those in Japan. I have played RE7 cloud version for myself and I could only get two minutes in before I got a connection error.

BTW Nintendo is going to release three NES games per month as of now.
Lineup from Launch until December:
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/

Voxel

All I can say is that I’ve heard that RE7 runs well for those in Japan. I have played RE7 cloud version for myself and I could only get two minutes in before I got a connection error.

I would imagine Home internet connections are better than cellular. Or maybe theu put higher priority of “local” traffic.

I’m actually shocked by the 3 NES games a month. I was expecting 1

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster

Don't know about you guys but Ice Hockey sells this for me. I freaking loved that game playing as all fat dudes.

Looking at the releases until December, I personally notice one really good game a month with some turds in there. Granted you're only paying 20 bucks a year but fingers crossed they keep the quality high.

Mike S

Don't know about you guys but Ice Hockey sells this for me. I freaking loved that game playing as all fat dudes.

Looking at the releases until December, I personally notice one really good game a month with some turds in there. Granted you're only paying 20 bucks a year but fingers crossed they keep the quality high.
I’m hoping we get real voice chat and other systems besides NES. With the addition of other systems though I could totally see them doing higher pay tiers.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Nah I think they'd keep it the same price. People would be outraged if they increased the price for each older console.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom