2020-Gaming discussion

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
PS Now IS their emulator lol. That's where most of their PS3 games are. If you're asking to modify your system so it can do that, Id recommend not to do that, lol.

Mike S

Thx again for the info.
Call me old school but I prefer to own the game even if it's digital form.
I'm quickly finding out that owning a PS4 and trying to play older games is just not going to happen without a continuous flow of money every month.
I just would like to play games like The Force Unleashed on my PS4. Doesn't look like Sony is going to let me unless I chain my bank account to theirs.
Does Xbox provide emulators to allow backward compatibility?
I’m in the same boat as you concerning old games but on my Switch instead. Nintendo’s being way too silent about the paid online service launching in September that will include free classic games with some even having added online multiplayer. One thing we do know at least is that it’ll only be $20 a year.

Mike S

Spyro is getting the Crash remaster treatment

I have a few guesses as to why there’s no Switch confirmation when this game clearly isn’t a timed exclusive like Crash was.

1. Nintendo’s holding off to announce it themselves in a Direct like they did last year with DOOM and Wolfenstein 2. Those games could’ve easily been announced by Bethesda at E3.

2. Toys for Bob are the developers bringing Crash to the Switch and they’re also the ones making Spyro. Maybe it’s simply a case of resources. This could also explain the lack of a PC announcement which Crash is also confirmed for.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Finished Sonic Forces and I'm going to say that it's a game that gets undeserved hate. It's pretty short but it's a blast to play.

21stamps

I need “gamer” help, please!

FIFA18 is releasing a “World Cup 18” mode on May 29th.. it sounds like this will be free.. so here’s my questions..

1. Will it update itself, or do I have to do something?

2. It also talks about different modes and players, but sounds like these may be for purchase.. how would I purchase them? Will the game automatically give the option?

Kiddo has a Nintendo Switch if that helps with the answers.

21stamps

It may auto update or prompt you to update

I don’t think I have it connected to the internet. Maybe I should figure out how to do that.

Edit—- I did have Just Dance 18 unlimited for 3 months for free.. maybe I would have connected something back then? I can’t find any emails from Nintendo though.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
If anybody is a fan of The Pinball Arcade, you may be a little upset (or very mad in my case) to hear that WMS-- who owns the rights to all of Williams' and Bally's old games-- is terminating their license with FarSight Studios. All of the games from Williams and Bally will be removed for sale on June 30th, but any of the removed games you already own will be retained. Around 60 Williams and Bally games in total are being removed. When the games are pulled from the store, all that will be left are pinball machines Gottlieb, Data East/Sega/Stern, and Alvin G.

This is a major blow to the pinball community as these were the only official digital recreations of these games. If you'd still like to try these games, I recommend either learning about Visual Pinball for Windows or going out and playing these games in person if you're lucky enough to have pinball nearby.

One can only hope that FarSight will be able to come to an agreement with WMS, or that WMS will find another developer to give their license to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom