News 2018 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays

Sky

Oh I know, I know - just a joke. Just trying to put it out my mind since I know the fall overlay is coming to MK in the heat of August. Didn’t think Christmas events could trigger me.

Last edited:

JohnD

I'm just heartbroken that I'll miss Whoopi Goldberg on my check in day (going to HS). I'd rather listen to "TBD" during the week I'm there anyway.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Hmmm Gary Sinise eh? Hopefully he decides not to take a stroll over to Mission: Space only to have this reaction when he sees the preshow..
8b1M.gif

ABQ

We're thinking about doing a package at Biergarten but how does that work since it's a buffet?
You'll get a "VIP" ticket with your dining check. Show the ticket at dinner package check in.
The costs are pretty well fixed now anyway. It's even easier to see how much you're being marked up at a buffet like Biergarten. Which, I think, at lunch is 37 and dinner is 44? Could be wrong. But now you'll be paying 50 for lunch with the candlelight package or 55 for dinner, I think. That's a few dollars more than last year.

durangojim

The costs are pretty well fixed now anyway. It's even easier to see how much you're being marked up at a buffet like Biergarten. Which, I think, at lunch is 37 and dinner is 44? Could be wrong. But now you'll be paying 50 for lunch with the candlelight package or 55 for dinner, I think. That's a few dollars more than last year.
That's what I was kind of wondering, we've always done a table service restaurant with the package and had assumed that the buffet would be less expensive.

ABQ

That's what I was kind of wondering, we've always done a table service restaurant with the package and had assumed that the buffet would be less expensive.
Yeah, we actually did the Biergarten Candlelight dining package for lunch last year, and just so happened to be on the deluxe dining plan as well and were rudely awakened to the fact that even at lunch they wanted two table service credits. And not looking to at all steer the discussion to the pros and cons of the dining package, that's been beaten to death. But yeah, even at Biergarten, it's pricey. WDW claims "the cost of the candlelight entertainment" has gone up. Perhaps it has, I have no idea. Though I will say the conductor the night we went, was one of the NPH narration nights, worked his butt off swinging that baton like a mad man.

ThatMouse

I walked by this last year and heard Ariel's voice. I thought it was pretty cool to see walking by, but how incredibly boring it would be to sit there and watch her read about the birth of Jesus lol! The only problem is the food court there closes early (~8pm).

geekza

The Musical Theatre nerd in me is pretty danged excited about getting to see Chita Rivera on my trip. That woman is a legend!

stitchgirl21

No update on when the passholder reservations will open. I was told 9 this morning and while on hold for 12+ minutes told no ETA on when they will be uploaded. Frustrated!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom