News 2018 Epcot Festival of the Arts dates revealed

BoardwalkGlenn

Original Poster
As rumored, the Epcot Festival of the Arts is expanding to 7 days a week in 2018 January 12-February 19th. Hooray!!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts/

upload_2017-9-19_13-59-54.png

Gomer

I'm glad they are keeping the kiosks open 7 days a week this year. Maybe it will thin out some of the lines a bit. Last year, kiosks were frequently running out of the most popular food items when I was there. Spreading out some of the demand may help them keep up with crowds a bit more.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hmm, interesting for them to move it as a full week...I sure hope it won't be too conjested during the week when the pro bowl rolls back into Orlando..

wendysue

I think this would be a fun festival to attend. On the other hand, it does add into the idea of EPCOT living basically off festivals (and food and drink stands) over adding a lot of new attractions. I'm sure that will change in a few years, but it's been slow going.

And don't forget that since there is a festival in the Jan.-Feb. period, the rooms rates will reflect such. There used to be value times of the year, but no more.

Kevin_W

And don't forget that since there is a festival in the Jan.-Feb. period, the rooms rates will reflect such. There used to be value times of the year, but no more.

My daughter has a competition at ESPN Wide World of Sports in mid-January. I checked rates yesterday and they are showing $136+ tax for Pop Century. Maybe some type of discount will be released later, but that seems pretty steep for a value in January.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh boy, this is the week we'll be in town as well. Just out of curiosity, how did the Pro Bowl affect the parks last year?

I'm curious to know myself as I'm arriving the day after Pro Bowl on Jan 29th...Also there's a few more Cheerleading Competitons and the Tour Groups are in full swing around that time too...

Gomer

Oh boy, this is the week we'll be in town as well. Just out of curiosity, how did the Pro Bowl affect the parks last year?
I was there during the Pro Bowl last year. I wasn't tracking wait times or anything like that, but I didn't see a noticeable difference over previous years. Definitely less of an impact than when the Superbowl was in Florida when I was there back in 2009.

World Showcase was obviously a bit more crowded than usual, but I assume that was due to the festival more than the pro bowl.

Gomer

I'm curious to know myself as I'm arriving the day after Pro Bowl on Jan 29th...Also there's a few more Cheerleading Competitons and the Tour Groups are in full swing around that time too...
I flew home day after the game last year (stayed the extra day to avoid the airfare hikes on game day). Outside of a few more people in NFL attire at MCO, there wasn't much of an impact. Security lines were typical. No issues elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom