2018 Contests

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's that time of year again! Over the next few weeks I will be going back through the contests from this year to determine which ones will stay and which will be going on a sabbatical. While I'm working on that, I want to hear from you!

What contest themes would you like to see next year?
What would you like to do differently?
What can we do to encourage participation?

Please reply here or if you would prefer you can send me a message as well. I'm looking forward to next year's contests and hope to hear some great ideas to make them even better than this year!

ZapperZ

What about a competition where the photos must have a subject with a name (proper or not) that starts with the letter corresponding to "W-A-L-T D-I-S-N-E-Y", and in sequential order?

For example, once the contest starts, the first photo must have a subject with a name that begins with the letter "W". Then the next member to post an entry must have a subject with a name that begins with the letter "I", while the next photo will be the letter "S", and so on. If we reach the end with "Y", we start again with "W". All of the photos, of course, must be Disney-related, Disney theme park-related, or Disney cruise line-related.

Zz.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Original Poster
A portraits (of guests,preferably ones you know ;) ) or Selfie competition might be a bit different.

I have added a Selfie competition to the list for next year.

What about a competition where the photos must have a subject with a name (proper or not) that starts with the letter corresponding to "W-A-L-T D-I-S-N-E-Y", and in sequential order?

For example, once the contest starts, the first photo must have a subject with a name that begins with the letter "W". Then the next member to post an entry must have a subject with a name that begins with the letter "I", while the next photo will be the letter "S", and so on. If we reach the end with "Y", we start again with "W". All of the photos, of course, must be Disney-related, Disney theme park-related, or Disney cruise line-related.

Zz.

I really like this idea. I'll add it to the list - but I'm appointing you "Photo Contest Facilitator Assistant" for that week in case things get out of order. :D :cool:

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions! Keep 'em coming!

ZapperZ

Thanks, but I just reread my suggestion, and it made no sense! :)

What I meant was that once the contest starts, the first photo must have something that begins with the letter "W", then the next one the letter "A", and then "L", etc.... I think people who read it kinda knew what I meant, but I must have been brain dead that day when I typed it. I blame it on too much leftover turkey.

:)

Zz.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Original Poster
Things start to get pretty holiday-hectic around my house when I do my cookie baking marathon weekend. It is scheduled to start Friday 12/15 this year, so I would like to have the new calendar posted before then. Keep those suggestions coming, but please have them in before 12/13 so I have time to finalize the calendar before everything gets too busy. Much appreiciated!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom