News 2018 ABC Holiday Specials at Walt Disney World

brb1006

This should be pretty awful. I've never heard of most of these people, and the ones I have heard of suck. Andrea Bocelli is the only one that looks promising. I wish they would just have a dang parade instead though.
I really miss when the Christmas Parade was the main draw complete with performers on two or three floats. These days it's mainly focused on stage performances in front of Cinderella Castle with a glimpse of the parade.

ToTBellHop

Isn’t Jordan Fisher the boy who sings Happily Ever After? Seacrest too expensive with the current soft attendance numbers?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ariana kept them waiting two hours last year (or the year before last?) for her performance. She's the one who bailed on SNL with two days noticed that opened the door for Kanye to step in.

And a big ol' LOL for doing "Baby It's Cold Outside" in the #MeToo moment.

par62004

Hello, My daughters are HUGE fans of Why Don't We, we live 10 mins away and they'd like to attend their performance. Any chance anyone knows what day or time or any additional information about their performances? Thanks a bunch!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hello, My daughters are HUGE fans of Why Don't We, we live 10 mins away and they'd like to attend their performance. Any chance anyone knows what day or time or any additional information about their performances? Thanks a bunch!!
The article cited is quite clear about that...

"Tickets will not be made available to guests, with Cast Members filling in the audience as extras. It may be possible to see parts of the filming from guest areas however."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry I dont have any specifics about what is happening when. It might be a case of you pretty much spending the week at MK and seeing what happens.

ToTBellHop

Ariana kept them waiting two hours last year (or the year before last?) for her performance. She's the one who bailed on SNL with two days noticed that opened the door for Kanye to step in.

And a big ol' LOL for doing "Baby It's Cold Outside" in the #MeToo moment.
“Baby, It’s Cold Outside” should probably be retired. There’s no shortage of Christmas carols. Now let me go enjoy the bullying and hazing on display in “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
“Baby, It’s Cold Outside” should probably be retired. There’s no shortage of Christmas carols. Now let me go enjoy the bullying and hazing on display in “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”.
Not to mention A Charlie Brown Christmas...

Kman101

Don't hold your breath.. They hardly even cared about Pandora when it was being built and never showed a thing..The chances they actually talk about the parks new attractions would be shocking...They only care about the singer destroying another christmas song to make you not care..
tenor.gif

Well to be fair, it is ultimately a promotion for all things Disney. We'll see glimpses, a commercial if you will of course, but people have to stop expecting anything significant from these things ... lol

SteamboatJoe

I clearly am not the target audience for these shows. Nothing says Holiday cheer like medley of Megan Trainor songs...yuck. If you are going to have people sing non-holiday songs, wouldn't you have them sing Disney songs? There must be a synergy or cross promotion thing going on that I am not aware of.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I clearly am not the target audience for these shows. Nothing says Holiday cheer like medley of Megan Trainor songs...yuck. If you are going to have people sing non-holiday songs, wouldn't you have them sing Disney songs? There must be a synergy or cross promotion thing going on that I am not aware of.

She has more than one song?

WhatJaneSays

*sighs for the 300th time*

Do I really have to explain why "Baby, It’s Cold Outside" is the opposite of what people in modern day assume it's about? Out of context it sounds creepy now, but the language would have been very understood in the 40s/50s to mean the couple is trying to socially cover over up wanting to spend the night to together.

(Yes it should probably be retired, but because it's old and boring.)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
*sighs for the 300th time*

Do I really have to explain why "Baby, It’s Cold Outside" is the opposite of what people in modern day assume it's about? Out of context it sounds creepy now, but the language would have been very understood in the 40s/50s to mean the couple is trying to socially cover over up wanting to spend the night to together.

(Yes it should probably be retired, but because it's old and boring.)

NO. You MUST apply the warped modern views to EVERYTHING in the past, and then be OUTRAGED!!!!!!!!! You should do it, too, cuz all the cool kids are doing it these days.

BTW - The original, with Dean Martin, is a classic. It's even better when you add Martina McBride's beautiful voice to Deano's. But I also can't stomach most Christmas music made after the 70's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom