News 2018 ABC Holiday Specials at Walt Disney World

MrHappy

So during these 5 days, when are they filming? Do they film in the mornings before the park opens? Then break down the sets for when the gates open and guests arrive?

joshwill

probably be like last year where ive no idea who anyone on stage is. if there were still a parade, i might try and get tickets. without a parade, pass.

Gillyanne

Tickets will not be made available to guests, with Cast Members filling in the audience as extras. It may be possible to see parts of the filming from guest areas however.

I always wondered how that worked, like if I'd be able to find my way there during filming some time, but I guess it's moot as I'm not a CM, nor do I know one (b/c I know they must be F&F too b/c there are some youngin's in the crowds)

chelbye

So during these 5 days, when are they filming? Do they film in the mornings before the park opens? Then break down the sets for when the gates open and guests arrive?

Last year my husband and I were there the first day of filming in Hollywood Studios. They had most of the main road blocked off and a portion of Sunset Blvd had the blue stage for performances. They rerouted us through a backstage alley to get onto Sunset Blvd from the park entrance. Otherwise, they just have CMs stand around the area making sure people walk around the blocked off areas and don't cause congestion. But like @joshwill said, you're not likely to know who is on stage so it's not really worth stopping to watch.
We'll be there November 9-16 so we'll be dealing with this again this year...we were hoping since we had delayed our vacation two weeks we would be able to miss it.

boufa

They just announced the new decorations set up for Toy Story Land begins on Nov 8th... coincidence, nope, I doubt it.

Mista C

This is not a big deal at all. We're there this year on the same exact five days that they will be filming. We encounter this every year and it does not cause any issues whatsoever.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Goofnut1980

I expect there will be lots of "looks" into Star Wars Land during these airings. I remember being there back when NPH hosted the parade and if we heard them say.. back the wreath balloon up one more time, I was going to throw a dart at it! lol... The park was pretty empty overall, but MSUSA was packed to the max. It was cool to see once, but not over and over and over. :joyfull::joyfull:

Cmdr_Crimson

I expect there will be lots of "looks" into Star Wars Land during these airings!
Don't hold your breath.. They hardly even cared about Pandora when it was being built and never showed a thing..The chances they actually talk about the parks new attractions would be shocking...They only care about the singer destroying another christmas song to make you not care..
tenor.gif

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Don't hold your breath.. They hardly even cared about Pandora when it was being built and never showed a thing..The chances they actually talk about the parks new attractions would be shocking...They only care about the singer destroying another christmas song to make you not care..
tenor.gif

Who doesn't like D-list singers (likely signed to a Disney-related record label) destroying Christmas songs??? Itz modern and hip and now and totally lit, everything that TWDC stands for. :banghead:

I'm not sure the count would be higher than 10 as to the number of "modern" Christmas songs (recorded after 1970) I can stomach.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Remember when the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Specials used to focus more on the parade and the only performances was on one or two parade floats? This was way before the "Disney Parks" was a thing.

The actual Christmas Day parades were awesome. They started to slip once they started pre-taping the, but they were still somewhat enjoyable (And my son was visible during the 2002 or 2003 parade for about .5 seconds, he was on my shoulders, I remember The Wiggles were there that year). For years now they've just been dreadful, and are nothing but 60-90 minute commercials focusing on C/D-list "celebrities" and "singers" with no charm. The fact that guests can't even watch the tapings nowdays tells you all you need to know about what they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom